RUMOUR: Dead Space dev doing Command & Conquer

Teraspark

Mostly Indifferent
Nov 4, 2009
Staffordshire
Dead Space and Dante's Inferno developer, Visceral Games is working on a title set in the Command & Conquer universe.

That's according to a report on Gamasutra, in which general manager Nick Earl is quoted as calling the unannounced C&C title "pretty far out"... and that's about all he says on it.

It sounds like it'll be an action/strategy game though, with Visceral stating it's committed to tightly focusing on "a signature type of action title", aiming for a "rough estimate" of one game per year.

"We moved into a genre structure about nine months ago inside of the Games label," Earl told Gamasutra.

"Inside the Games label, we went into a structure based on genres, where there are three group GMs -- one for the MMO group, another manages the driving and first-person group, and I manage action and strategy.

"The effort and energy at the moment is around building EA share in the action category... to achieve our mission of becoming number one inside of the action space."

Let's hope this one lasts longer than Tiberium, eh?
SOURCE

If this is true I would be surprised by it. I wouldn't have expected it from Visceral.

BlacJack

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2007
UK
This is true because EA merged lots of the companies together, into Visceral. Dante's team isn't the same team as the Dead Space team which isn't the same as the C&C team. Visceral is huge now and pread all over the country because of the mergers. Obviously, there is some overlap in the teams between games, but it's not quite as easy as saying Dead Space devs are making C&C.

It's still the same team that made C&C (sort of, since they dispersed Westwood years ago as well), they are just under a different name and had some changes up top. It was a mass merger.

rbrtchng

Forum Guru
Aug 25, 2006
[QUOTE="Terminator 101, post: 5238665]Hmm, could this be the canned Tiberium game reborn?

I highly doubt they would be making a sequel to the C&C Renegade which according to EA was a failure (and the best multiplayer game ever made according to me).[/QUOTE]

I thought Renegade was pretty awesome, but I don't think a lot of people bought it.

But idk, I still am in love with Generals and Zero Hour.