Rumour: Rockstar New England Working on 360 Exclusive

A7

Supreme Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
If R* have faith in these guys then so do I.

Skulpt, I went and read your posts in this thread and right off the bat they are very negative toward this rumoured X360 exclusive, for whatever reason that may be (personally I don't care if it's just the old 'PS3Power' in you or just you dismissing anything MS methodology) I'm going to wait and see.

I've never claimed nor believed this exclusive would be an old franchise/IP but I am upon the opinion it is new and fresh and something that the Housers must have approved of or at least appreciated.

R* North are already working on an X360 exclusive as they are a PS3 exclusive, New England has a chance and like I said, if the Housers can willingly slap on the R* name to the development then I have faith in it.

Dylan0987

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2008
[QUOTE="A7MAD, post: 0]R* North are already working on an X360 exclusive as they are a PS3 exclusive, New England has a chance and like I said, if the Housers can willingly slap on the R* name to the development then I have faith in it.[/quote]

They are? Link me up!

Dylan0987

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2008
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 0]Nothing groundbreaking major. Downloadable content for gta4[/quote]

I thought he meant something besides those, that's why I was sort of surprised/excited.

C

Cavanaugh

[QUOTE="Dennis Dyack, post: 0]Try Yahoo, Google or Bing.[/quote]

Bing isn't too shabby. I like the daily photo on the main page and how they categorize the results in the left nav. I still end up using Google as my results tend to be better.

Sino

Super Elite
Apr 14, 2006
[QUOTE="skulpt, post: 0]
Let's give them a chance, but history hasn't been that kind to them by any means. I just don't think they would put a key franchise into these guys hands.[/quote]

I don't see how MS would want Agent to be associated with Sam Houser & Co while they get New England.....

If it's something significant, MS would be all over this, PS3 got Agent, but we have something as good from Rockstar. I'll give them benefit of the doubt to say something until next E3, even though I think it's very unlikely to happen. They'd rather pursue proven properties, mega sellers, at least that's the impression I got from them.

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
[QUOTE="Sino, post: 0]So they should give one to Wii also.[/quote]
Why? Like F34R has said, Rockstar have made the choice to develop a game for PS3 and X360 -- it wasn't a requirement as part of their contract. I'd love to see a game made for Wii, though, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Still, I have Bully to tide me over for now.

Sino

Super Elite
Apr 14, 2006
[QUOTE="Jaeger, post: 0]Why? Like F34R has said, Rockstar have made the choice to develop a game for PS3 and X360 -- it wasn't a requirement as part of their contract. I'd love to see a game made for Wii, though, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Still, I have Bully to tide me over for now.[/quote]

Isn't this the assumption here. Sony paid for Agent and Microsoft supposedly paid for something, Nintendo could pay to get something from them.

"I'd like to maximize technically for this particular console" is not a reason for exclusivity. That sounds like the job of First Party to me.

skulpt

Master Guru
May 27, 2005
www.adigitaldreamer.com
[QUOTE="A7MAD, post: 0]

R* North are already working on an X360 exclusive as they are a PS3 exclusive, New England has a chance and like I said, if the Housers can willingly slap on the R* name to the development then I have faith in it.[/quote]

Hey awesome! What is your source? I'd love to see a link. :)

I think I am being a bit overly harsh, but please guys... Don't expect a megaton announcement just because it's R*. The only issue I'm bringing up is who in R* is doing this game. There have been up to 10 R* studios, and only 1 or 2 of them have put out AAA games. I guess I base a lot of my buying based on previous experiences from developers. Others give them more of a fresh chance each time. Just don't expect a Halo 3 experience from a Haze like track record. It's the same reason why I couldn't care less if Lair 2 comes out, Haze 2 comes out, or pretty much any game from those developers. It's why I just don't believe that much in Insomniac anymore either (I really detested R2). I'm a show me what you've done kind of guy.

(Edit) Sino: I can see what you're saying. But I can't see Sony wanting MS to get GTA4 exclusive content, Fallout DLC, other exclusives from top developers, but it happen$. ;) MS have done a masterful job securing exclusives, but there is no reason why Sony couldn't have slipped in a big one here and there. Let me put it this way. I'm sure R* North has been working on GTA5, and they've said they've been working on Agent for a couple of years now I think they said. I just don't see R* North working on 3 huge projects at once. That's totally insane. I really think that Sony have beat MS to the punch in getting R*s best studio to work on Agent. MS have been beating Sony to the punch over and over again. I think Sony got this one right for a change.

ash91

Super Elite
Jul 11, 2008
UK
[QUOTE="skulpt, post: 0]Just don't expect a Halo 3 experience from a Haze like track record.[/quote]

Am I the only one that liked Haze?

(oh, and please don't use Halo 3 as an example of an AAA game :lol:)

Jan 11, 2008
www.Thetf.net
Sounds good if true. I'm always harping on about exclusives pushing the hardware, so this is good news. An optimised game for both systems. I suspect both games will go multiplatform in the end (Agent + this game) to build a wider userbase for the next game in the series.

C

Cavanaugh

[QUOTE="ash91, post: 0]Am I the only one that liked Haze?

(oh, and please don't use Halo 3 as an example of an AAA game :lol:)[/quote]

And don't says it's not a AAA game :lol:

Haze was ok. It's worth a rental from gamefly.

K

Killerinstinct

[QUOTE="Staticneuron, post: 0]It would be hilarious if it was GTA5. I can see the chaos, tears and sour grapes that it would cause already if that were true.[/quote]

After the weak offering of GTA4, ill take Saints Row 3

A7

Supreme Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 0]Nothing groundbreaking major. Downloadable content for gta4[/quote]

Nor was Haze or Liar but they were exclusive, at least this exclusive has a larger fanbase...

@Skulpt,

Need a source? TBoGT should fing results... Seems they are from R* North & a title from their epic and most recognized franchise. ;)