Samsung LED TV

daley30

Superior Member
Jun 2, 2008
England
I actually bought one of those, lovely looking tv, only 29mm thick. trouble was it had a dark patch in each corner of the screen. eventually changed it for a samsung 40B750, never looked back since.

St0

Superior Member
May 9, 2007
Just remember LED tvs have pretty bad response time for gaming which would put you at a bit of a disadvantage. Plasma seem best for gaming since they have very low lag and smoother motion, but there's always a chance you might get screenburn on a plasma, but now ALOT less commen with the new Panasonics.

P51-SN95

Superior Member
Nov 15, 2006
LED back lit TV's are better than the LED side lit. the back lit ones will give a better and more uniform picture, with better blacks and contrast. The new side lit ones sometimes have light/dark spots and really the only advantage to them is how thin they are.

at least that's my thoughts on them anyway.

coolguy

Ultimate Veteran
May 24, 2005
long island ny
I was in best buy yesterday. and they had this 120 herz led runig
a blu-ray moive. it looked fake to me. the words where not syned up with there lips lol.
but they had another samy next to that runing iron game and it looked better

Dylan0987

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2008
[QUOTE="coolguy, post: 0]I was in best buy yesterday. and they had this 120 herz led runig
a blu-ray moive. it looked fake to me. the words where not syned up with there lips lol.
but they had another samy next to that runing iron game and it looked better[/quote]

That's Auto-Motion Plus (/insert different name for different company). It is like post video processing, and is a feature that can be turned off. Most Big Box store employees seem to NOT know this and get the post video processing confused with 120Hz itself. The feature can be turned off to make it look normal (which I suggest anyone do, it looks terrible)

It's supposed to help with judder but it doesn't (imo)

EDIT: And the Sammy LED's look great.