Say what you will about GameStop

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="Idenowhereiam, post: 6217007]People can say what they want about gamestop, and they'd be right in doing so.
But with the vita being such a niche console already, i'm glad there is somewhere I can grab titles with out having to shop online.
I'm an instant gratification type of person, so walking in and finding what i'm looking for is ideal.[/QUOTE]

I'm that way for a lot of things gaming-wise too...

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6217062]I'm that way for a lot of things gaming-wise too...[/QUOTE] Yeah, screw waiting for that shit to come in the mail. Gamestop is a five minute walk for me.

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="Acid Snake, post: 6217189]Yeah, screw waiting for that shit to come in the mail. Gamestop is a five minute walk for me.[/QUOTE]

It's a 45 min drive for me. I'd be there all the time if it were five mins drive/walk for me lol.

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6216775]Yeah, I have paid attention to the "new" games being sold at my local Gamestop. They have been very good about handing me shrink-wrapped copies of games....and not open items. I have complained in the past to other Gamestops where I used to live about this. I remember in the past when EVERY new copy of a game was in an envelope in a drawer. You brought up the "new" case to the register and they went and dug up the "new" disc. That was absurd. Now it seems most new copies are actually new, unopened.[/QUOTE]

Mine has NEVER handed me an opened item. Hell they spend 5 minutes just looking for an unopened one before they even suggest it. That kind of floored me the first time, but they are now my game store (even though I dont personally trade games or buy used) unless its cheaper online at the time or hard to find.

Equinoqs

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2010
Appalachian Mtns.
I worked at Gamestop for a time, and I avoid buying games from them whenever possible. The corporation itself is bad enough with its ridiculous push on Used items that they make more profit on, but the employees tend to be rampant fanboys (for Xbox 360, back when I worked there). I hate that Amazon is getting all the business that used to belong to brick-&-mortar game stores, but I prefer Amazon to Gamestop.

Just my drunken personal opinion, though...I'm not a qualified expert.

Ariakace

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2008
New Jersey
Amazon is still a better value for used games. theres also ebay. If im going to buy something new like i usually do anyway, i have no problem walking into a gamestop and buying something brand new. I will NOT buy a gutted copy of anything. once its open, its not new. ill drive 20 minuets out of my way to go to a Best Buy or a Target instead. I also wont get rid of any of my used games anymore. I like my collections. The only thing ill trade in is MLB the show every year. no sense in having a 6 year old baseball game ill never touch. I still get points for buying new games. right now i got about 26K points.

Like i said before though.... im not going to buying anything used from gamestop because its almost always cheaper on amazon and ebay. And i certainly never go out of my way to go there.

Effekt

Apprentice
Mar 9, 2008
[QUOTE="Equinoqs, post: 6217339]P.S. - NEVER let a Gamestop sell you a new game that isn't shrink-wrapped! Please trust me on this![/QUOTE]
Yeah I didn't buy it I just left. Theirs no way I'd give someone even $1 more for something that is falsely advertised.

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="Equinoqs, post: 6217338]I worked at Gamestop for a time, and I avoid buying games from them whenever possible. The corporation itself is bad enough with its ridiculous push on Used items that they make more profit on, but the employees tend to be rampant fanboys (for Xbox 360, back when I worked there). I hate that Amazon is getting all the business that used to belong to brick-&-mortar game stores, but I prefer Amazon to Gamestop.

Just my drunken personal opinion, though...I'm not a qualified expert.[/QUOTE]
I don't deal with them if they act like that. Luckily, the two stores I do visit don't have people like that. Unless they are like that, and they take the calm side while customers are there lol.
[QUOTE="Equinoqs, post: 6217339]P.S. - NEVER let a Gamestop sell you a new game that isn't shrink-wrapped! Please trust me on this![/QUOTE]
I won't ever buy a "new" game lol.

Ariakace

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2008
New Jersey
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6217502]I don't deal with them if they act like that. Luckily, the two stores I do visit don't have people like that. Unless they are like that, and they take the calm side while customers are there lol.

I won't ever buy a "new" game lol.[/QUOTE]

inspect the shrink wrap, some gamestops actually have shrink wrap machines in their back room, and you can tell the difference.

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
I love going to gamestop near times square every time i am in nyc and chatting shit with xbox hardcor3 behind the counter...good guys.