Schools Out!

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
14,339
81
0
#3
****, man, I miss the summers where I could actually do what the **** I want without a single care in the world. Now I'm an adult, I have to work and very rarely get time to just relax and unwind. When I was your age and in high school, though, I'd spend summer hanging out with my friends every single day, going out and about, getting drunk, just having a laugh. I feel old.
 

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
20,455
209
0
29
New York
#5
[QUOTE="wesmore24, post: 5574447]hang with my friends, play basketball a lot.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what I did. We just went over each other's houses and played basketball religiously.

Now I have a full-time internship. :(
 

Icc

I BE A PIRATE!!!
Nov 23, 2007
5,884
2
0
29
camp lejeune NC
#6
i usually went to summer school. or ...got high. depends. but before that always did those kids summer camps that parents always force kids to go to.
 

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
14,022
154
0
Bowling
#8
[QUOTE="Icc, post: 5574456]i usually went to summer school. or ...got high. depends. but before that always did those kids summer camps that parents always force kids to go to.[/QUOTE]

You just admitted to being in possession of an illegal narcotic. You are under arrest!!! Get him, Cole Phelps LOL
 

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
14,339
81
0
#9
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 5574449]Now I have a full-time internship.[/QUOTE]
It actually sucks getting old, doesn't it? I miss not having a care in the world.
 

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
20,455
209
0
29
New York
#11
[QUOTE="Jaeger, post: 5574475]It actually sucks getting old, doesn't it? I miss not having a care in the world.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's a trade off. Being young brought less cares, more energy, etc. Being old brings drinking, sex, freedom, all that good stuff. Although, when you start to really get old (i.e. 40+), then I'm sure it just sucks. Although raising kids and amassing wealth might have its pluses. :D
 

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
20,455
209
0
29
New York
#13
[QUOTE="Xelios, post: 5574569]I masturbated a lot.

You should get to it.[/QUOTE]

Yep, started around that age too. I was in awe the first time I did it. lol
 

VintageElise

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
Oct 30, 2007
26,383
117
63
27
Super place called Wales.
#14
[QUOTE="Xelios, post: 5574569]I masturbated a lot.

You should get to it.[/QUOTE]

I'm 19 and this still takes up 70% of my day. Searching for decent porn takes up the other 30%.

At 13? I'd only just started my second year of school so learning to use computers and spell lasagne was my main goal then.
 

[valium]

lawlydoodlez
Jun 12, 2008
5,769
8
0
29
#15
When I was 13 and in 8th grade, I started skipping a lot so all my grades began to slip. I had to go to summer school to make up for it. Other than that, I ran around causing mischief. :snicker
 

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007
10,419
60
0
27
#16
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 5574572]Yep, started around that age too. I was in awe the first time I did it. lol[/QUOTE]

Dude, I was like "HOLY **** THIS IS AWESOME! Why didn't anybody tell me? :("

@Vintage: TIL that Lasagne is the plural of Lasagna.
 

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007
10,419
60
0
27
#18
Hey man, it's your loss. Just remember, once you're ~70 years old, you'll wish you'd have masturbated a lot more often.
 

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
14,022
154
0
Bowling
#19
See normally I'd say **** like what Xelios just said about fapping, cause it does keep the prostate cancer away, but it I figured it would be too x-rated for your age wesmore lol. Too late now. :lol:
 

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
14,339
81
0
#20
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 5574505]I'd say it's a trade off. Being young brought less cares, more energy, etc. Being old brings drinking, sex, freedom, all that good stuff. Although, when you start to really get old (i.e. 40+), then I'm sure it just sucks. Although raising kids and amassing wealth might have its pluses.[/QUOTE]
I'll admit that becoming a parent and bringing a child up in the world is a truly amazing experience. I'll never, ever forget the moment when my little girl was born. I have no shame in admitting I cried when I first held her. And why should I be ashamed? It was the happiest moment in my entire life so far - and probably will be the happiest moment of my life right up until I die. But that doesn't stop me missing my teenage years - I was so full of angst and rage most of the time but it was just amazing to go out with your friends, get pissed near enough every night and generally have fun. I know I can just walk into any bar and get drunk now, but the whole thrill of getting drunk back then is purely the fact it was illegal and it was for that fact alone that I got such a kick out of it.

Another negative of getting old is money worries. You never had to worry about debts and loans and when you were 13-18, but when you become an adult and you have rent and bills to pay, it soon becomes stressful. I can't even begin to remember how much money I owe various companies. I know I owe Halifax at least £1500, thanks to the letters they keep sending, threatening to send the 'heavies' round to collect my goods as a payment. Tough break for them, as I don't actually own anything. My mum bought my PS3, and my laptop and iPhone are coming out of her card, and I pay her back each month - so until I've fully paid them off, it's hers so, technically, they can't take anything. Still, it's a downer to think I'm in such a crappy financial situation. Oh, the days where the only money worries you had was whether you had enough money to give the adult to buy a bottle of cider. I want them back. Where'd I put my flux capacitor?
 

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
2,644
19
0
22
@the bball court
#21
[QUOTE="Xelios, post: 5574615]Hey man, it's your loss. Just remember, once you're ~70 years old, you'll wish you'd have masturbated a lot more often.[/QUOTE]
Well, we will see about that when im 70 then.
 

Spider

Elite Sage
Jul 16, 2008
12,260
8
0
28
#22
[QUOTE="VintageElise, post: 5574573]I'm 19 and this still takes up 70% of my day. Searching for decent porn takes up the other 30%.

At 13? I'd only just started my second year of school so learning to use computers and spell lasagne was my main goal then.[/QUOTE]
Damnn straight
 

[DT]

Forum Guru
May 1, 2008
3,851
64
0
Vilano Beach, FL
#23
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 5574505]I'd say it's a trade off. Being young brought less cares, more energy, etc. Being old brings drinking, sex, freedom, all that good stuff. Although, when you start to really get old (i.e. 40+), then I'm sure it just sucks. Although raising kids and amassing wealth might have its pluses. :D[/QUOTE]

*ouch*

:lol:

FWIW, when I was in high school, during summer time, I'd surf, hike, travel, workout, hook up with chicks, write, etc.

Now that I'm _my_ age, I ... well, let's see I surf, hike, travel, workout, hook up (with my only chick now), write, +plus+ race my car, play with my daughter

The pace might be a little less intense, and the board longer, but I'm having a blast, but it's coupled with enjoying it with my sexy wife, beautiful baby G and comfortable cashflow :D
 

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
4,463
76
0
28
in a box
#24
Soak up all the fun and free time you can now. Once you get older you won't have anywhere near as much free time. When I was 13 I'd be hanging with friends all summer, in the pool, riding my bike. I remember one day a friend and I went to the creek and tried catching fish and crayfish with our bare hands. Fast little buggers but we got a few. Just doing stuff like that. No real purpose just dicking around.
 

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
20,455
209
0
29
New York
#25
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 5574706]I remember one day a friend and I went to the creek and tried catching fish and crayfish with our bare hands. Fast little buggers but we got a few. Just doing stuff like that. No real purpose just dicking around.[/QUOTE]

I remember my friend and I trying to fish at my nearby pond with nothing but a net.

Didn't catch anything. lol
 

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
18,982
206
63
The Sock Gap
#27
[QUOTE="wesmore24, post: 5574791]Sounds Deppressing.[/QUOTE]


Its not all bad You will have money and can buy things and go on foreign trips, go in pubs, clubs (altough I expect alot do it before 18 I k now I did.
 
Last edited:

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
14,339
81
0
#28
[QUOTE="wesmore24, post: 5574791]Sounds depressing.[/QUOTE]
It's not all bad. I know what I said makes it sound horrible and depressing, but I'm going by my own personal experience here. Life is what you make it. I'm stuck in a rut right now working my *** off for no apparent reason, my social life is on a huge decline and I'm heading back to a place I really don't want to go and most of it is the result of growing up and getting older. Don't make the same mistakes I did. Make friends and stick with them through thick and thin. Trust me when I say that friends are the most important thing in life.
 

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
2,644
19
0
22
@the bball court
#29
[QUOTE="x6Teen, post: 0]

When I was your age, I started my training. My advice to you is to never be lazy and learn as much as you can in school. Not many people realise how much you learn in school even though you might say the things you learn are useless.[/QUOTE]
Im kinda lazy, i tend to like play my PS3 alot, but i do get out.
 

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
2,644
19
0
22
@the bball court
#30
[QUOTE="x6Teen, post: 0]Once you turn 14 or something, start weight training. As for now, try to do body weight training to help build the body of an athlete.[/QUOTE]

I used to work out, but it got boring, but i no that it is good for you.