Schools Out!

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
[QUOTE="wesmore24, post: 5574791]Sounds Deppressing.[/QUOTE]

It's really not! I think I'm just personally overwhelmed right now. If I'm not at work I'm somebodies errand boy which gets rather annoying because as soon as I sit down I have to get back up again. It's not depressing you just get flooded with all kinds of other things you need to do so real free time comes around less often.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 5575037]It's really not! I think I'm just personally overwhelmed right now. If I'm not at work I'm somebodies errand boy which gets rather annoying because as soon as I sit down I have to get back up again. It's not depressing you just get flooded with all kinds of other things you need to do so real free time comes around less often.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'd say the biggest nuisance is the decreased free time. So Wesmore, if you're reading this, become a teacher. You'll have just as much free time as you do now, along with decent pay! Your days will be two hours shorter than everyone else, plus you get summers off.

I should have tried to become a teacher...

Itachi

Forum Sage
Nov 13, 2010
Winterfell
[QUOTE="x6Teen, post: 0]

When I was your age, I started my training. My advice to you is to never be lazy and learn as much as you can in school. Not many people realise how much you learn in school even though you might say the things you learn are useless.[/QUOTE]

Well said my friend.During the summer when there's no school, I actually miss writing tests and learning stuff.My friends call me a nerd (which is true to some extent) and I start to revise all I had learned in the previous year of school.
Yesterday we learned relativeity in physics, all the crap about space and time...mind blown :D

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 5575041]Yep, I'd say the biggest nuisance is the decreased free time. So Wesmore, if you're reading this, become a teacher. You'll have just as much free time as you do now, along with decent pay! Your days will be two hours shorter than everyone else, plus you get summers off.

I should have tried to become a teacher...[/QUOTE]

My mother is a teacher and I assure you that is no walk in the park. There's after school stuff, then she has to come home and correct papers, make lesson plans. Having the summers off is awesome but teaching is no 9-3 job....far from it.

REEEPR

Dedicated Member
Jan 26, 2008
Dining, in Hell!
When i was 13 i would stay gone for days at a time during the summer breaks. Fishing, fighting, hiking, and trying to figure out females. Times were different back then so be careful if you do things like this now. Learn human nature, and the difference between sentiment & actuality (it sounded cool :) ) Remember, never trust a Lawyer, politician, or car salesmen. Take good care of your knees and your back, you'll need them later. And most importantly, um, what was i gonna say? Oh yeah, HAVE FUN! Let your imagination run wild. Also, at some point your mom will ask, "If your friends jumped of a bridge, would you do it to?" never say yes or you might get wacked in the head. Lol i sound like i'm sending a message to my young self back in time.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="REEEPR, post: 5575066]When i was 13 i would stay gone for days at a time during the summer breaks. Fishing, fighting, hiking, and trying to figure out females. Times were different back then so be careful if you do things like this now. Learn human nature, and the difference between sentiment & actuality (it sounded cool :) ) Remember, never trust a Lawyer, politician, or car salesmen. Take good care of your knees and your back, you'll need them later. And most importantly, um, what was i gonna say? Oh yeah, HAVE FUN! Let your imagination run wild. Also, at some point your mom will ask, "If your friends jumped of a bridge, would you do it to?" never say yes or you might get wacked in the head. Lol i sound like i'm sending a message to my young self back in time.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tips. my mom asks that all the time, i never said yes yet.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="Tyrien, post: 5575076]When I was 13 I wasted an entire summer playing games online, don't do that. It's a horrible idea.[/QUOTE]

This is my first day of suumer break and i already played for 8 hours, but i have schedule, so i can only play PS3 4 times a week.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
Stetting a schedule is one thing, but don't let that turn into what you do every day. Just saying. ****s your social life up.

and FYI, I've been on "summer" since 3/4 april, College is fun.

May 5, 2011
USA
When I got out for summer, I worked and relaxed. I worked a small job for extra money and did house chores. Later on in the day, that's when I had fun.

I am in college at this moment and I am out for summer. I am simply resting and enjoying myself. I am also buying the stuff I will need for the dorms.

My advice is to not overdo it. Don't burn yourself out, take a break every weekend or every once in a while. I hope you won't be like me when I came out of high school, burned out. It took a year or two of rest before I decided to go to college.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="Tyrien, post: 5575094]Stetting a schedule is one thing, but don't let that turn into what you do every day. Just saying. ****s your social life up.

and FYI, I've been on "summer" since 3/4 april, College is fun.[/QUOTE]
Dont worry, the schedule isnt everything, i have other stuff planned, like going to the movies, and hanging out at certain places.

Itachi

Forum Sage
Nov 13, 2010
Winterfell
[QUOTE="wesmore24, post: 5575090]This is my first day of suumer break and i already played for 8 hours, but i have schedule, so i can only play PS3 4 times a week.[/QUOTE]

That happens to me and then I feel guilty for wasting my time.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="itachi73378, post: 5575123]Same here cuz I spend those 8 hrs trophy hunting.[/QUOTE]
I spent those hours, owning, getting owned, and getting hate mail. But on topic, i dont plan to play all the time during the summer, its not something a kid my age should be doing.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="wesmore24, post: 5575101]Dont worry, the schedule isnt everything, i have other stuff planned, like going to the movies, and hanging out at certain places.[/QUOTE]

If you maintain a social life; more power to you.

FYI, I'm disappointed with myself that all I do is play games all day then work for 6~8 hours in the evening. :/

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="Tyrien, post: 5575148]If you maintain a social life; more power to you.

FYI, I'm disappointed with myself that all I do is play games all day then work for 6~8 hours in the evening. :/[/QUOTE]
I have a friend like that, he is 31, but he seems to like it, i mean he plays a couple of hours every day during the week. Then on weekends he plays nearly all day.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="x6Teen, post: 0]:lol:

I have over 50 days on MW2 :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wow, and i thought i played a lot. Im planning to see Tranformers 3 with a bunch of friends, anyone else going to see that movie?

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
I'm actually really missing college right now. I can't wait to start. Wes, you might not like school now, but when you get to college, you will LOVE IT! I can't speak for everyone, but when I went to college, I thought it was gonna be high school all over again, but with adults. Boy was I wrong. I made new friends, everyone was mature, no one was making fun of no one and we were all laughing at our jokes. Such a game changer compared to high school. And plenty of fish(women) to choose from ;) :lol: