SCIV Questions.

Paul1967

Superior Member
Jan 4, 2008
First of all great game :mrgreen:.

But whats the objective of the game? Is it just to clear the story mode will every character? And is it always just the 5 stages?

Secondly after i have cleared the story mode, i get things like 'new weapon available to buy'...Where do you buy them? and what for?

Thirdly how to you do the critical finish?

Finally is their any point in creating your own character?

Thanks. Any tips on how to get the best out the game are welcome.

wyeth124

Superior Member
Sep 11, 2007
But whats the objective of the game? Is it just to clear the story mode will every character? And is it always just the 5 stages?
Yes, it is just 5 stages for each characters in Story Mode.

Secondly after i have cleared the story mode, i get things like 'new weapon available to buy'...Where do you buy them? and what for?
You can buy them under Character Creation Mode. New weapons and equipments have different attributes that can influence a fighter´s stats. This can be particularly useful when attempting the tower of lost souls Mode.

Not really sure about this one. I´ve just landed one successful critical attack so far, so I don´t really bother to put an effort to get them.

Finally is their any point in creating your own character?
Well, beside creating your own fighters for fun, (there are people who have created recognizable figures like Hulk or Rachel from Ninja Gaiden), you can also upgrade the existing fighters with new abilities and skills.

A bit more tips at http://uk.guides.ign.com/guides/739576/page_2.html

I found the guides for the tower of lost souls to be extremely useful in order to obtain the rewards.

wyeth124

Superior Member
Sep 11, 2007
[QUOTE="PaulMartin1967, post: 0]Thanks very much + rep.

One more thing, is their voice chat online? I haven't played it yet.[/quote]

Thanks for rep, but I have neither a mic nor tried playing online, so I don´t know about this.

Dirk_Pitt

Apprentice
Jul 16, 2008
[QUOTE="PaulMartin1967, post: 0]First of all great game :mrgreen:.

Thanks. Any tips on how to get the best out the game are welcome.[/quote]

Since the other points were addressed, I'll cover this one:

Critical Finish is accomplished after a Soul Crush and an armor loss.
So you have 3 chances to perform a Critical basically. The easiest way to perform a Finish is to attack an opponent, & the more they're on their guard, the faster their soul gauge will lower until they're blinking red (soul crush). Keep attacking and a piece of armor (top, mid, bottom) will come off with a loud clang and their character will stumble / look like they have lightning over them. The CLANG is your cue. Hit the L1 as fast as you can to trigger the Critical.

Paul1967

Superior Member
Jan 4, 2008
Yeh I get Critical Finishes all the time now. ;)

Another few questions on the custimisation of my character, Talim.

See when you have to select the skills, I have unlocked all of them i.e all Power Skills, and things like Counter Dash etc. However at the right hand side where it shows how much power , gauge etc you have like 0/60 i don't have enough to put my skills on. I.e the skill requires 150 power and i only have 110 or whatever. The question is how do i increase the amount of power etc i can have, is it just by getting new equitment and how do you get new equipment.? Cheers.

B

Bignutzz

You unlock new equipment every 5 honors (up to 30 honors) of from the tower of lost souls either going up or down. Accending the tower you have to perform certain parameters during the fight, things like perform 5 throws, do a CF or even ring yourself out!
Decending the tower you get something every 5 fights, money or an item.
One thing that took me a while to work out was where all the equipment that I unlocked was going! Turns out there's two ways to customize characters create a new one from scratch ie. choose there style then equip all your unlocked armours or pick an existing character.
If you pick an existing character and choose 1p or 2p you can equip special equipment which give huge bonuses to your skill points up to 120 from what i can tell.
And always finish story mode to get all the weapons for that character.