Scorecard Research Survey?

daevv

The Mega Man
May 28, 2007
Newfoundland!
I been getting a popup recently asking about doing a Scorecard Research Survey. Is this something added by the owners of the site or a hack?

I use Ad Block Plus on firefox but this keeps getting through and no scans have picked it up. I've since blocked scorecardresearch.com from leaving cookies when I visit here.

Their website lists "participating" web sites as the ones having the surveys...They also have a spot to optout of receiving cookies, however I just blocked them through firefox.

Anyone else getting/seeing this?

Edit: I found a pic of the popup from a wordpress blog (used spoiler tag as it has curses). Seems that wordpress didn't know anything about it.

Link to where I found the pic with info from the blog owner.

~d

Last edited:

daevv

The Mega Man
May 28, 2007
Newfoundland!
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5500758]Cant say that I've seen ANY pop-ups on this site.... ever. Between subscribing and ad block plus with Easylist sub.. I don't see any ads, ever.[/QUOTE]

I never saw any till today. Did you check you cookie list to see if scorecardresearch was listed?

~d

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
If you want rid use noscript, I use it and it stops all javascript unless I say it can run. This applies to ALL websites you ever visit.

http://noscript.net

FYI I never installed Adblock or Noscript due to this site I have used both for a good while.