Second breach?

saleenf5

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2007
Just heard their was a second break an 25 million additional peoples info could have been stolen. Was just on news look for sause guys

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110502/wr_nm/us_sony

Here's a link I guess this has to do with SOE accounts?? An may have happened in the past??

The report was on msnbc like 5 minutes ago.

Zoibie

Supreme Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
It wasn't a second breach, it was an earlier breach of SOE's servers (not PSN/SCEA etc.)

Smiler

Superior Member
Sep 10, 2007
location, location
[QUOTE="saleenf5, post: 5525814]Just heard their was a second break an 25 million additional peoples info could have been stolen. Was just on news look for sause guys

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110502/wr_nm/us_sony

Here's a link I guess this has to do with SOE accounts?? An may have happened in the past??

The report was on msnbc like 5 minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

Sony Online Entertainment had a breach as well as PSN but the two networks as are in no way linked. They are different companies whom Sony own and they run on completely different servers

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
[QUOTE="saleenf5, post: 5525823]So does this mean this is the second time Sonys had info stolen?[/QUOTE]

Nope, it happened at the same time as the PSN illegal intrusion on Apr 17-19.

saleenf5

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2007
[QUOTE="Smiler, post: 5525824]Sony Online Entertainment had a breach as well as PSN but the two networks as are in no way linked. They are different companies whom Sony own and they run on completely different servers[/QUOTE]

Ohh alright the news report led me to believe that they were linked. Well was this SOE breach recent or in the past?

Mods move to general if not related enough to PSN

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
[QUOTE="Smiler, post: 5525824]Sony Online Entertainment had a breach as well as PSN but the two networks as are in no way linked. They are different companies whom Sony own and they run on completely different servers[/QUOTE]

If you think about it, it really don't matter considering they are linked 2 Sony just in different ways its going to have a strong impact on Sony and bring another bad image Sony can't handle right now.

FYI: Saleenf5 nice Sig bro, RIP Aaliyah

red.

Apr 24, 2011
Cleveland
I bet you Sony will do things right the next time. This shouldn't be happening to a billionaire company. All these breaches are crazy.

Smiler

Superior Member
Sep 10, 2007
location, location
[QUOTE="PsychoMantis, post: 5525836]If you think about it, it really don't matter considering they are linked 2 Sony just in different ways its going to have a strong impact on Sony and bring another bad image Sony can't handle right now.[/QUOTE]

It will but some people need to be reassured the PSN was breached just the once as they see Sony Online Entertainment and presume it's one and the same when it isn't. It looks like the hackers went all out to attack Sony

saleenf5

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2007
[QUOTE="PsychoMantis, post: 5525836]If you think about it, it really don't matter considering they are linked 2 Sony just in different ways its going to have a strong impact on Sony and bring another bad image Sony can't handle right now.

FYI: Saleenf5 nice Sig bro, RIP Aaliyah[/QUOTE]

This is what I was thinking. The link between PSN an SOE is Sony an weather this was recent or in the past (not sure) it's still bad press.

*goo

Elite Guru
Aug 2, 2008
I can't believe they've dropped the ball again in such a short space of time.

Am I reading this right? The attack was the day before but they've withheld the information until now? Inexcusable, if true.

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
[QUOTE="*goo, post: 5525846]I can't believe they've dropped the ball again in such a short space of time.

Am I reading this right? The attack was the day before but they've withheld the information until now? Inexcusable, if true.[/QUOTE]

Apparently Sony claims now that SOE wasn't a second attack it was shutdown due to PSN being shutdown.

Click Here For Details

saleenf5

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2007
[QUOTE="PsychoMantis, post: 5525871]Apparently Sony claims now that SOE wasn't a second attack it was shutdown due to PSN being shutdown.

Click Here For Details[/QUOTE]

Iteresting as msnbc is reporting this as a second attack that happened at the same time as the recent PSN attack.....must get official word from Sony lol

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
[QUOTE="saleenf5, post: 5525880]Iteresting as msnbc is reporting this as a second attack that happened at the same time as the recent PSN attack.....must get official word from Sony lol[/QUOTE]

This whole situation is making my brain numb dude Sony is totally confusing and conflicting things now I don't know who to trust or what info is real anymore. :lol:

saleenf5

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2007
[QUOTE="PsychoMantis, post: 5525893]This whole situation is making my brain numb dude Sony is totally confusing and conflicting things now I don't know who to trust or what info is real anymore. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm feeling the exact same the reports are so different lol. I'm just constantly checking my account now lmao