Share button bug, quick fix.

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
[h=2]Share button bug, check your system![/h]
Just a quick one, I'm not entirely sure if this has been covered or not but I found a bug with the Share button today and after abit of googling I found a possible fix (some users reported no change, others reported fix)

Just a quick runthrough of the share button features first and foremost for those who didn't know.

A single press should bring up the Share menu, add to your library a video clip of the last 15 minutes of gameplay footage and take a screenshot of the current screen.

A prolonged hold will take a screenshot of the current game screen.

Finally a double-tap will DELETE the last 15 minutes of unsaved gameplay and initiate recording for the upcoming 15 minutes of gameplay.

So now thats cleared up before anyone comes in and says this problem is for people who don't know how to use the Share button; it isn't.

The problem currently encountered on a fair number of PS4 systems is that after that amazing kill, goal, passage of play, quadruple twisty backflip 360 noscope you decide to hit the share button and show your friends; that the PS4 has recorded ONLY the INITIAL 15 minutes of gameplay as opposed to the FINAL 15 minutes of gameplay. Thus leaving you with a video of nothing you genuinely wanted to show (unless the quadruple twisty backflip 360 noscope happened during the first 15 minutes of your gametime) and the desired footage lost forever.

The fix is to hold onto the PS4 power button for around 8 seconds until you get into safe mode. You're then gonna want to go down to 'rebuild database' and hit that.
That is all you have to do and it personally worked for me.

I had to find out my system had this problem when it was too late (I lost a video of me clearing out a full boat on BF4 and then spinning round and landing a double headshot from around 300m, all sniped!)
So I would advise that you give your systems a quick check so that you don't encounter the same problem.

Take care guys.

LM​

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
I gave up on the Share button when my clip of "c4 from above" was not recorded.

Domination on the map with the huge satellite, Bravo point. I climbed all the way to the top of that tower and parachuted off, dropping c4's (scout class) and got 4 kills from above but it didn't record!

I'll Try this but I do have my settings on easy share
Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 6277043]Lol thanks playstation now I don't have proof :mad:

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Holla :(
Gutted man, one bullet two headshots thats the most upsetting thing ever I've lost.