Shaun White Snowboarding Review, how is it?

ivo150

Apprentice
Oct 2, 2007
Shaun White Snowboarding Review, how is it?
I have been thinking of getting this game but I am not sure how good it is :S

Mar 12, 2008
I actually have the game, it does seem like the longevity will be an issue as the tricks are fairly limited, i hoped the graphics would be a lil better buy they're not bad.It does feel like tony hawks has been ripped off a lil here though.

I read else where on the forum that the glamour pack DLC has a few new boards that make a world of difference, i can totally confirm this. The new boards help you feel the snow way better and the speed is greatly improved.

The online open world stuff doesn't really lend itself to snowboarding because you cant really just stop and hit the same spot again and again (actually you can but it'd take some serious synchronizing with other players via chat and the marker option), so keeping up with your buddies doesn't really work when you all end up going off in different directions.

The mountains are HUGE though and if you're a real life snowboarder then you may just love it for the carving about floating mutes all over the place. So if you like snowboarding then maybe you'll like this game, but if not then maybe wait till it hits the bargain bin and grab the glamour DLC.

geostar

Super Elite
Nov 24, 2008
[QUOTE="We Are Ninja, post: 0]Don't pay $65 for it. Definitely wait for the price to drop.[/quote]

How about $40?

HeWhoIsMe

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2008
I like the game. The controls have a bit of a learning curve, but once you get past that it's actually pretty fun. l Online is good, you can always find someone to shred with.

Bandersnatch

Dedicated Member
Jun 12, 2007

The Flying Tomato. His entourage probably thought that was a cute nickname, but that was before Shaun White could attach his name to a game that would cause audiences to react to it like a Fozzie Bear knock-knock joke. But we’re not harping on the botched performance... Mr. Tomato is guilty of something far more irritating.

In a highly publicized move infinitely more appealing to people who sell games than people who play them, Ubisoft inked a deal with capitalist behemoth Target to provide it, alone, with a fifth level... Target Mountain. We’re already uncomfortable with retail exclusives like modified weapons or character costumes, but a sizable chunk of gameplay reserved solely for a single retailer is another thing entirely.
Don’t live in America? Never heard of Target? Sorry bra! You’re basically getting screwed out of a substantial portion of the game. (There were reports of European instruction manuals promoting Target-centric features they could never play.) Mt. Target could eventually be released as DLC, but how much is a playing through an advertisement worth to anyone? Well, following Shaun White’s lukewarm reception, many retailers have dropped the price to $45, while the corporately enriched version is still sold at Target for $60.

Above: Is this worth $15?
Shaun White’s Snowboarding was the blandest looking powder bounce this side of Wii Ski, and it’s infuriating that in spite of being an ethical affront, Target Mountain has more character than any other area of the game. Still... perhaps every single millisecond devoted to reskinning the slopes with Bullseyes could’ve been better spent improving the awful camera, course navigation and repetitive collect-a-thons.

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/gamesradars-anti-awards-2008/a-2009010794820924059
Was never really interested in it, and this makes me even less interested.

HeWhoIsMe

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2008
The game isn't perfect, but it's really fun. The anti-awards smojkes the game more for the affront of selling a Target edition. I have the regular edition and it's fun. If you don't like exclusive bs, don't get it. No big deal. But the game itself is worth it to me. I disagree in part with the anti-award stating that the camera and navigation are aweful. They aren't. They are fine. All you need to do is learn the controls, just like any other game. I thnk that these days people expect to be immediately perfect at everything or they accuse the thing they are trying to do as sucking. It's all part of that "short attention span theatre" attitude that has pervaded the way we live these days.