Shenmue III new screenshots, extensive new trailer coming March 9th

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Ys Net has released two new screenshots of Shenmue III.

Additionally, during today’s pre-MAGIC 2019 press conference, event organizer Cedric Biscay confirmed that a Shenmue III-dedicated presentation will be held at MAGIC 2019 in Monaco on March 9, where an “extensive” new trailer will be shown. A few select attendees will also be able to see an exclusive gameplay segment. A Magic Monaco 2019-exclusive Shenmue III will also be sold at the event.

Shenmue III is due out for PlayStation 4 and PC on August 27.

Last edited:

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
Yeah...that looks really good. I completely missed out on this series so it will be a skip, but I hope everybody else looking forward to it enjoys it.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
If this new entry has the same depth and attention to detail as the first two games, it should be worth the wait.

Nov 20, 2017
Barcelona
Sharp textures, outdated character models... I get the feeling that they've tried to stick to the original look of the old games too much. The most purist fans might be happy with that decision but, I don't know, I think the "broader audience" aren't gonna be impressed at all.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Considering the original games had such clean visuals, I don't like the use of bloom on the characters and environment in this new game. I really miss it when game graphics didn't use much post-processing effects.