Should I buy an xbox just because of Gears of War? or....

magma12

Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2008
So I really want to play this game, the only problem is that this is the only good game I know of and I'm afraid of buying it and then lose interest and sell the xbox. What are some good games (old or new) that you enjoy playing. I know nothing about the xbox so any HELPFUL posts will receive rep, thanks.

G

gta0004

Well, if you just buy Gears 2, you will lose interest soon. If you like RPG's, the 360 has many coming this Holiday season, but if not you are stuck.

You could buy Halo 3 and Gears 1 and Mass Effect. I would say Bioshock but its coming to the PS3 too with updated stuff.

but if you are only interested n Gears 2 and nothing else, go to a friends house and play it.

magma12

Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2008
[QUOTE="GuitarrassDeAmor, post: 0]No, the Xbox is not worth it for just Gears of War.
Borrow a friends.[/quote]

Umm, I don't have any friends that have an xbox, so I either buy and play or just watch gameplay footage LOL!!

G

gta0004

[QUOTE="magma12, post: 0]Umm, I don't have any friends that have an xbox, so I either buy and play or just watch gameplay footage LOL!![/quote]
Find a guy who has a 360 and be his friend, Lol

360DiedOnMe

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
i have been play ing gears since it dropped in november of 06, but switched over to PC as soon as it came out on it. Def. a much better choice, if you have the will or have the money to spend on building up a pc, i would go that route.

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Im getting oen for;

Xbox Live Arcade Games;
-Vigilante 8 Arcade

Already Released Games;
-Blue Dragon
-Gears of war
-Halo 3
-Lost Odyssey
-Mass Effect
-NARUTO: Rise of a Ninja

2008 Titles;
-Too Human
-Infinite Undiscovery
-Gears of War 2
-Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
-Naruto: The Broken Bond

2009 Titles;
-Star Ocean: The Last Hope
-Mass Effect 2
-Blue Dragon 2
-Halo Wars

So, I cant wait. ^^ (Not sure on release dates, just what a site had. - think it was gamespot)

magma12

Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2008
[QUOTE="gta0004, post: 0]Find a guy who has a 360 and be his friend, Lol[/quote]

Will you be my friend? *watery eyes*.

@36ODiedOnMe: I WAS a pc gamer;)

@Fenix: Good list, that helps alot, most are rpg's right?

G

gta0004

[QUOTE="magma12, post: 0]Will you be my friend? *watery eyes*.[/quote]
Don't have 360, sorry. ;)

magma12

Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2008
[QUOTE="gta0004, post: 0]Don't have 360, sorry. ;)[/quote]

No problem, just buy me one so I can play Gears of War you can play but only a little, deal?LOL!!

G

gta0004

[QUOTE="hchaudh1, post: 0]Bioshock and Fable 2. I rented GeOW and didn't like it past the first berserker.[/quote]
Bioshock coming on PS3 so.....

magma, i can buy you a broken one.:D

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 0]Im getting oen for;

Xbox Live Arcade Games;
-Vigilante 8 Arcade

Already Released Games;
-Blue Dragon
-Gears of war
-Halo 3
-Lost Odyssey
-Mass Effect
-NARUTO: Rise of a Ninja

2008 Titles;
-Too Human
-Infinite Undiscovery
-Gears of War 2
-Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
-Naruto: The Broken Bond

2009 Titles;
-Star Ocean: The Last Hope
-Mass Effect 2
-Blue Dragon 2
-Halo Wars

So, I cant wait. ^^ (Not sure on release dates, just what a site had. - think it was gamespot)[/quote]

Yeah, pretty much run with this list and your xbox investment will be a good one. All of those games will give you tons of enjoyment!

Don't listen to haters who do not own boxes who come in and give non-helpful advice. My advice, should you choose to accept it, is get a box with Halo 3 and either Bioshock or Mass Effect to hold over until GeOW2 hits. Fable II would be a fantastic addition as well.

Feb 7, 2007
[QUOTE="gta0004, post: 0]Find a guy who has a 360 and be his friend, Lol[/quote]

Best idea here

I suggest you flesh this out further
going off to buy a console for 1 game seems pretty silly
either buy it with other games in mind as well or simply make friends with someone who has one

don't you got like family who do have one?

you're not searching hard enough :lol:

G

gta0004

[QUOTE="Cuguy, post: 0]Yeah, pretty much run with this list and your xbox investment will be a good one. All of those games will give you tons of enjoyment!

Don't listen to haters who do not own boxes who come in and give non-helpful advice. My advice, should you choose to accept it, is get a box with Halo 3 and either Bioshock or Mass Effect to hold over until GeOW2 hits. Fable II would be a fantastic addition as well.[/quote]
Bioshock is coming to the PS3 with some add-ons. Why buy one for a 360?

It appears all these xbox people have lost their common sense.

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
because the OP isn't asking what is coming to PS3.

Bioshock will have like a menu feature or something added (survival mode?) and the DLC that boxers got for free already included. Don't preach it like it is the second coming.

he asked why he should get a box apart from GeOW2 and there are PLENTY of reasons as Fenix showed. What he DIDN'T ask was what was coming to PS3.

G

gta0004

[QUOTE="Cuguy, post: 0]because the OP isn't asking what is coming to PS3.

Bioshock will have like a menu feature or something added (survival mode?) and the DLC that boxers got for free already included. Don't preach it like it is the second coming.

he asked why he should get a box apart from GeOW2 and there are PLENTY of reasons as Fenix showed. What he DIDN'T ask was what was coming to PS3.[/quote]
And i am saying why would you buy Bioshock for the 360 when it is coming to the PS3 with some more. Why would you choose an inferior version?

jeez, try to understand.

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
I understand perfectly. You do not own a box. So you come into a xbox forum and try to convince the user to NOT buy a box because a title is coming to the PS3.

Ok.

When you read the original post, did you for once think that the question the guy asked was honest? He wanted to know what other people think are good games for the 360. NOT what game, a year later, is coming to the PS3 slightly upgraded.

Can you try to understand to stay on topic or not troll 360 forums if you have nothing constructive to add to the original posters question?

magma12

Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2008
[QUOTE="gta0004, post: 0]And i am saying why would you buy Bioshock for the 360 when it is coming to the PS3 with some more. Why would you choose an inferior version?

jeez, try to understand.[/quote]

I'm getting Bioshock for my ps3 but I don't think the 2nd one will be for ps3 exclusive for xbox? and solid_squirrle I've searched under rocks for a friend that owns an xbox so....my search is OVER! LOL!

G

gta0004

[QUOTE="Cuguy, post: 0]I understand perfectly. You do not own a box. So you come into a xbox forum and try to convince the user to NOT buy a box because a title is coming to the PS3.

Ok.

When you read the original post, did you for once think that the question the guy asked was honest? He wanted to know what other people think are good games for the 360. NOT what game, a year later, is coming to the PS3 slightly upgraded.

Can you try to understand to stay on topic or not troll 360 forums if you have nothing constructive to add to the original posters question?[/quote]
Did you read my first post?! Where did i once say "Do not buy a 360"?!?!

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
The question was "Should I buy a 360 just because of Gears of War [2]?"

Simple answer to that - no. Buying any console just for a single game is a bit stoopid.

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
[QUOTE="Sparc, post: 0]The question was "Should I buy a 360 just because of Gears of War [2]?"

Simple answer to that - no. Buying any console just for a single game is a bit stoopid.[/quote]

Probably the most direct answer here!

really, questions like this are dumb to ask in the forums. You will never get a real answer. fans of either side will come in and either detract from the original question or the thread will lead into a list war.

I think he has his answer.

Byoushinn

Elite Sage
Mar 22, 2007
no wai
my brother got gears, i think it truly is awful, it's so clunky and unresponsive, don't buy a 360 for it, buy a 360 for all the other games

efs5030

I'm A Monster!
May 30, 2008
www.divineknightsclan.com
[QUOTE="Cuguy, post: 0]I understand perfectly. You do not own a box. So you come into a xbox forum and try to convince the user to NOT buy a box because a title is coming to the PS3.

Ok.

Can you try to understand to stay on topic or not troll 360 forums if you have nothing constructive to add to the original posters question?[/quote]
i agree with you 100 percent and im hoping my previous post was not considered trolling because it definately was not aimed to be that...

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
[QUOTE="Byoushinn, post: 0]no wai
my brother got gears, i think it truly is awful, it's so clunky and unresponsive, don't buy a 360 for it, buy a 360 for all the other games[/quote]Unresponsive? Give me a break. I've played a billion hours (might be slightly over exaggerating) of GeoW and 'clunky' and 'unresponsive' are not attributes that I consider fitting. It has its flaws but that isn't one of them.

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
[QUOTE="efs5030, post: 0]i agree with you 100 percent and im hoping my previous post was not considered trolling because it definately was not aimed to be that...[/quote]

No sir, not aimed at you at all!

No worries :)

Unresponsive? Give me a break. I've played a billion hours (might be slightly over exaggerating) of GeoW and 'clunky' and 'unresponsive' are not attributes that I consider fitting. It has its flaws but that isn't one of them.
yeah, I agree Sparc. I played prob a hundred hours or so and never thought the game was clunk or unresponsive. Hmm, raised eyebrow at that comment.

Sep 10, 2005
Can i ask something if i may?Why you dont wait to buy it for your PC,and save money too?Except if your Pc is not powerful enough to play it but then again with that money you can buy a GFX card too.Buying a console for 1 or two games isnt worth it.

Byoushinn

Elite Sage
Mar 22, 2007
[QUOTE="Cuguy, post: 0]No sir, not aimed at you at all!

No worries :)

yeah, I agree Sparc. I played prob a hundred hours or so and never thought the game was clunk or unresponsive. Hmm, raised eyebrow at that comment.[/quote]

for me, it feels comparable to lauding a giant fridge across an ice rink
i dunno, i guess i just don't like the design that much at all, i'm not a big shooter fan though, but what i played was jarringly unresponsive