Should I get my nostril pierced?

miickEe

Superior Member
Jan 31, 2006
www.miickee.net
I have been wondering for years upon years whether to get my left or right nostril pierced. Now with the end of school in sight, I can finally indulge in what I would call freedom of expression.. well, sort of. I'd like to get a nostril ring, but I don't know which side.

This poll is going to help me decide on whether I should go left, right or not get it done at all.

Start polling..... N O W !

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
My brother has one of those. It sooths him very well but I'm not really into things like that. So I'd say none at all. If you really want one than go for the right. Don't ask me why I just think it looks better on the right side.

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
I say go for it :D

If that makes you feel happy just go for it. I have like 10 piercings in my body, heck i even pierced my nipples (dont do it yourself). As long as you like it, go for it dude...

Nobody lives forever

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Anywhere else on the face is cool. The nose is just...odd. But if you feel like doing it by all means go ahead. It's your body.

Nighthawk

Superior Member
Dec 2, 2005
I'd say a stud would be better than a ring. I have my bottom lip pierced, and it's pretty comfortable if you wear it right.

It all depends on what you look like, really. If you think a nose piercing would suit you, go for it. Get it wrong, you'll just look weird.

Jman21stc

Apprentice
Jan 25, 2006
true...one of my cousins got their nose pierced...from the wrong people...skrewed it up...now he has a small hole on the WRONG SIDE that he asked for....morons...

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
now he has a small hole on the WRONG SIDE that he asked for....morons...
He was wide awake while they were doing it. Don't you think he should've noticed they were doing it on the wrong side?

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
If you decide to get one be careful with infections because it can turn out real nasty – and like Nighthawk says, a stud would probably look better than a ring.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
If you decide to get one be careful with infections because it can turn out real nasty
That's why they recommend products to keep it sterilized until the wound heals. Infections suck.

Zen1man

Apprentice
Mar 11, 2006
I would recommend not to because it is so tried and cliche. You can do better with anyone with just a nice haircut and confident smile. :) :wink: :p :lol: 8)

miickEe

Superior Member
Jan 31, 2006
www.miickee.net
Jman21stc said:
now he has a small hole on the WRONG SIDE that he asked for....morons...
How can this be possible, when even nostril piercings that have been pierced for years can close up within hours of the jewellery being removed. :roll:

Source: http://www.infinitebody.com/gallery/face/nostrilfaq.html

Zen1man said:
You can do better with anyone with just a nice haircut and confident smile.
I hope you weren't trying to insinuate that I'm trying to 'break the mould' or 'set myself apart' by getting a piercing, because if so then that's a complete paradox. It is true that piercings, in recent times, have become cliche and somewhat mediocre.. but you have to understand that I do not need self-assurance from a piece of jewellery.

Rest assured, I value your opinions, but I'm just setting the record straight.

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
If you want to, just go and do it...
You dont have to be like everybody else, you dont have to fit in society, just be you. Just be you man

You can do better with anyone with just a nice haircut and confident smile
Welcome to the 21st century man.

Mar 4, 2006
If I were you I wouldn't get your nose done. Personally I think anything except the ear is weird and kind of nasty. If you really want to go for it. Just before you go make sure you think it over carefully because it might hurt and you may not want it in a few years. If you think its for you than go for it.

miickEe

Superior Member
Jan 31, 2006
www.miickee.net
Well, the beauty about nose piercings is that they close up and heal eve within a few hours of removing the jewellery. One way to see id it suits is that I used paint shop pro to freehand-select the outline of a nostril-piercing, and attach it to a photograph of myself. It doesn't look too bad, I think.

Svetlana

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2005
England
Personally, I'd avoid having any piercings at all. Maybe it's my prudish, conservative upbringing which prevents me from appreciating the artistic merits of body piercing but I think it looks terrible. Don't get me started on tattoos!

Silas

Forum Elder
Dec 19, 2005
:lol: You get some weird topics but this . . .

Only joking. You go for what you like man. Treat yourself and get a tatoo aswell. Only thing i'd warn you about is what are you going to look like when your 80 and you have a big hole in your nose? :lol: Besides your nostrils of course!

by the way, while we're on the subject. Anyone who has their node peirced could you answer this question. Can you use the hole as a third nostril? That would be useful. Like if the world was trapped in a cloud of gas that came from the ground upwards you'd be last to die because your "breathing hole" if furthest away from the gas.

Just a thought . . .

miickEe

Superior Member
Jan 31, 2006
www.miickee.net
Silas said:
You go for what you like man. Treat yourself and get a tatoo aswell.
Waay ahead of you buddy :lol: . I wont get my first tattoo, however, until after I have finished school. I have planned to do it on Schoolies, which is like an Australian celebration that's celebrated by kids who've just finished high-school. I know that I can make a choice of a tattoo I want and know that I will still feel the same way about it when I'm 80, I don't want tattoos that mean nothing. They have to mean something.

I'm not really the biggest fan of excessive piercings. The only ones I am considering are my nostril and both my ears, and that is it. I'm not gonna be like one of those guys who has several in each ear, eyebrows, tongue, septum, lebrett etc.. That's just uncomfortable and impractical. The thing is I've wanted it for years so I see it as a reward for all my hard work during high school.

Master

Elite Member
May 12, 2004
Last month we reported that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was receiving a patch to incorporate Trophies. According to a report from PS3Trophies.com, that Trophy patch has finally arrived, at least for America.

Every other region will receive the Trophy patch next Thursday. If you haven’t played the game in a while, you may want to download the patch and go after some more Trophies.