Significant spike in Japanese PS Vita sales following release of Toukiden

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
Following the release of Toukiden, a single- and multi-player title set in a medieval Japan, PlayStation Vita sales in the region have more than doubled from 13,422 the week before to 31,271. Toukiden sold 122,794 units in its first week after launch, and has given Sony's handheld a fighting chance against Nintendo's 3DS.

Read more...

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Glad wasn't expecting a huge sales for Toukiden glad its doing better than i expected.I hope they do put more into japanese devs to get them into ps vita more. Yeah Eng devs are a waste of time and money unless they do cross play.

Nov 1, 2012
On the Internet
Now if we can just get something good in the West that'll sell consoles. I hate to break it to people, but even if Killzone is a great game, its not a game that'll sell systems in record numbers.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
[QUOTE="DuhWhitePanda, post: 6139376]Now if we can just get something good in the West that'll sell consoles. I hate to break it to people, but even if Killzone is a great game, its not a game that'll sell systems in record numbers.[/QUOTE]
I agree with what you just said.

Nov 1, 2012
On the Internet
I fail to see why Vita would do bad in Japan compared to the 3DS. They did a price cut a few month and the sales jumped. Now they brought out a game which is popular in Japan, and the sales went up. If Vita was going to do good in any country, you'd have to figure its the mobile country of Japan. Both times that the sales jumped, showed that people in Japan are willing to buy the Vita, in the right situation.

A (Good) COD, GTA, and open world game, such as Oblivion, Skyrim, or Fallout would move Vita consoles in North America and Europe, in my opinion.