Singstar rapping?

jason

Apprentice
Oct 18, 2006
IM having tourble with the rapping on singstar. IM not sure exactly what Im doing wrong, I sing it just like the artist does but it always scores me differently, mostly lower.
How exactly are you suppose to sing the rap parts?

Sephyr

Master Poster
Dec 5, 2006
It's all timing. I sucked major balls too, but what you need to do is keep up with the speed. The words don't matter too much, just keep the beat going.

jason

Apprentice
Oct 18, 2006
[QUOTE="Goodfella, post: 0]That's the problem you don't sing rap, you just talk through music...[/quote]
You are still singing when rapping. Even when you are just talking your voice is going up and down in pitch.
If Im doing it just like the artist exaclty when they do it, what else more am I suppose to do. Is it just tracking the syllables said on the beat or something?
Im going to go try it right now without saying the words or singing the melody.

Jul 25, 2007
NY
what song are you doing? run dmc's "tricky" i got after awhile but i cant get gorillaz "feel good" rap meter to work for me at all. i hope the put at an all rap on eventually tho it would be fun as long as its got some notorious big/pac/eminem on it =]

Sep 3, 2007
I found a lot of trouble with Feel Good for a while, getting scores between 4500-5500, the rap was killing my score. Then I started being a little louder into the mic, also turning mic volume up a bit (R1)
. This helped a bit was getting 6500. Then I found that the pitch you have to do the rap at is a little weird. I can't remember if it's high, like the main singer, Damon Albarn's part or deeper like the rapper, but I do remember having to put extra emphasis on either depth or height of my vocal pitch.

Once I got a hang of that, I was getting 7,500-7700, although I couldn't manage any more than that. Hope it's some help.

IIIKAGEIII

Superior Member
Apr 6, 2007
i can rap hardcore guys.

chickadee china the chinese chicken, have a drumstick and your brain starts ticking, watching xfiles with the lights on....

fo realz yo

ps3_spid3y

Dedicated Member
Oct 21, 2006
[QUOTE="IIIKAGEIII, post: 2402522]i can rap hardcore guys.

chickadee china the chinese chicken, have a drumstick and your brain starts ticking, watching xfiles with the lights on....

fo realz yo[/quote]

i feel ya. I had no problems in rapping, it was just plain power and emphasis on the right words. lookin forward to some new hip-hop songs in singstar.

jason

Apprentice
Oct 18, 2006
It seems like my wife does better than me when she does the *****cats song, but its still not very consistant in the scoring. Im going to keep trying different things when I play.