Size comparison chart of past gen consoles against new ones

LT1FUN

Superior Member
Dec 31, 2005
www.cardomain.com
This is a great picture I just found that really does a good job at illustrating just how small the Revolution really is compared to previous consoles, both from Nintendo and it's competitors.

Turns out it really is as small as Nintendo said it would be. The recent photos taken at the GDC (already posted in another thread) made the Revolution look some-what bigger than what it actually is.

Height wise, it's barely bigger than an up-right standing compact disc. It's width really is as Nintendo claimed - about as wide as 3 stacked cd case's.

Very cool.

c.a.p

Super Elite
Jan 9, 2005
Yeah, this is a great image. It shows you just how tiny Revolution is, almost comparable in size to it's own discs. :shock:

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
Yeah, I've seen that comparison picture floating around before. I don't know how accurate it is but it looks just as small as Nintendo has told us it would be. Funny how out-dated the current consoles look next to the new ... or is it just me? Those pictures really show their age.

Sep 23, 2004
Just a note, the revolution is a bit too small in that picture.

Note that the disc won't even fit in the image of the drive...

Feb 2, 2006
siren said:
Just a note, the revolution is a bit too small in that picture.

Note that the disc won't even fit in the image of the drive...
Yeah, the Rev is a little small there. Still, we all know it's gonna be small and stuff.

wonders1982

Master Poster
Nov 20, 2005
the revolution looks quite big when you look at that photo! can you see the drive draw in between the buttons and beside the blue light? that is where the disc goes isn't it and not just a lit up slot loading drive? :?

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
I really like the idea of a slot loading drive. Behind the covered slot will probably be room for input slots for USB/Memory or other media functions.

S

St Jude

jer said:
I really like the idea of a slot loading drive. Behind the covered slot will probably be room for input slots for USB/Memory or other media functions.
Those slots are already there at the top of the console hatch...and at the back of the console...

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
St Jude said:
jer said:
Those slots are already there at the top of the console hatch...and at the back of the console...

Yeah, I just realised the two USB support slots at the back. Maybe they plan to build the motion sensor detector behind the cover instead of an external device ... ...

Cera

Forum Guru
Jan 16, 2006
How did whoever did the picture get the sizes? I thought both the PS3 and Revolution sizes weren't final yet? They've just given rough estimates, and in the case of Revolution- 3 DVD cases, which is pretty vague.

c.a.p

Super Elite
Jan 9, 2005
sevendesigns said:
Or maybe that little covered slot is where the Gamecube games will go? I mean, how would they go into the larger slot? :shock:
Nintendo stated that both the normal size discs and the miniature Gamecube discs will use the same disc loading slot, so what that's for is still up in the air. Maybe that's the last secret...
Edit: Nevermind, according to IGN's E3 hands-on report it is where the memory cards for Revolution go.

c.a.p

Super Elite
Jan 9, 2005
Okay, I took some measurements based upon pictures of Revolution and have come to the conclusion that the front of Revolution (Where the discs load) should be a little over 15cm. Also, it should be about 21cm from the front to the back of the console. Even though that's bigger than what the image states, that's still pretty damn tiny.

May 25, 2005
cap_826 said:
sevendesigns said:
Or maybe that little covered slot is where the Gamecube games will go? I mean, how would they go into the larger slot? :shock:
Nintendo stated that both the normal size discs and the miniature Gamecube discs will use the same disc loading slot, so what that's for is still up in the air. Maybe that's the last secret...
Edit: Nevermind, according to IGN's E3 hands-on report it is where the memory cards for Revolution go.
Thanks. I really should follow the Revo a little closer then, lol.

Master

Elite Member
May 12, 2004
Independent game developer Cohort Studios recently re-launched its website and announced a new project for the UEFA, an innovative football (that's soccer in America) tactics simulator.

The studio, which has produced Sony console games like Go! Puzzle, Buzz! Junior: Dino Den and Buzz! Junior: Ace Racers, also has a string of exclusive and as-yet unnamed titles in development for release on the PS3 throughout the year.

Its new project, titled TactX, is developed for professional use via the official UEFA website. So, unless you are a professional coach, you won't get access to the simulator's in-depth training regimes and complex match tactics. Perhaps they'll use this experience to make a simulator for the consumer market.

But the good news is Cohort Studios is hard at work making new games and simulators. We'll keep you filled in as this Scottish developer releases more details on its PS3 exclusives.

B

BustenRhymes7790

Adam, remember to put an apostrophe in "won't" when you mean "will not." If you do, you're saying "wont," which is an adjective that means "accustomed."

B

BustenRhymes7790

Independent game developer Cohort Studios recently re-launched its website and announced a new project for the UEFA, an innovative football (that's soccer in America) tactics simulator.

The studio, which has produced Sony console games like Go! Puzzle, Buzz! Junior: Dino Den and Buzz! Junior: Ace Racers, also has a string of exclusive and as-yet unnamed titles in development for release on the PS3 throughout the year.

Its new project, titled TactX, is developed for professional use via the official UEFA website. So, unless you are a professional coach, you won't get access to the simulator's in-depth training regimes and complex match tactics. Perhaps they'll use this experience to make a simulator for the consumer market.

But the good news is Cohort Studios is hard at work making new games and simulators. We'll keep you filled in as this Scottish developer releases more details on its PS3 exclusives.