Skate 2 demo to hit PSN January 15th

Muntu

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2008
EA has just issued a press release stating that Black Box’s Skate 2 demo will be released on PSN on January 15th.
The release confirmed that 360 owners can download the demo as of tomorrow morning.
Skate 2 will be released on January 21 in the US and worldwide on the 23rd.
Source

-_____________________________________-

Good thing my friend has an X360, otherwise I'd be probably doing something stupid right now.

tr0bb

Veteran
May 31, 2008
www.youtube.com
Cool only one more week to wait then.

Sucks that 360 gets it this week but I guess thats the way of the world. Be nice if devs made sure that both are there the same week though. And considering PS3 was lead platform its kind of puzzling.

Back to Burnout, LBP and MS:pR then.

dhav211

Apprentice
Aug 28, 2007
[QUOTE="tr0bb, post: 0]And considering PS3 was lead platform its kind of puzzling.[/quote]

PS3 really the lead platform? I heard this around but wasn't sure if it was real. I loved the first skate but it performed so bad on the PS3. Would get it no questions asked but Valkyria Chronicles still needs to be played and KZ2 comes out Feb.

Jun 29, 2008
[QUOTE="Chimeran Killer, post: 0]I haven't cared for a skateboarding game since Tony Hawk's 4.[/quote]

Thanks for sharing that with us.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised we didn't get the demo first, or at least the same time :confused:. Oh well, I can't wait to try it out.

B

Bluntz

well-thats-BS-xbox-gets-it-a-week-prior-to-playstation?doesnt-make-any-sense

(NICE,just-found-out-my-spacebar-doesnt-work-anymore:(-and-half-the-keys-on-my-keyboard-dont-work:|rofl)
well-only-one-more-week-to-wait-for-the-demo-not-long-until-we-get-the-full-game-gonna-be-EPIC!!!

Oct 18, 2006
Cool i can`t wait to play this game. I didnt get the first one but i did play the sh*t out of the demo. ;)
And from what ive seen from the videos this one looks like a must buy. ^^

Jun 29, 2008
[QUOTE="Bluntz, post: 0]well-thats-BS-xbox-gets-it-a-week-prior-to-playstation?doesnt-make-any-sense

(NICE,just-found-out-my-spacebar-doesnt-work-anymore:(-and-half-the-keys-on-my-keyboard-dont-work:|rofl)
well-only-one-more-week-to-wait-for-the-demo-not-long-until-we-get-the-full-game-gonna-be-EPIC!!![/quote]

:lol: That's odd. Sucks man, get a new one!

Muntu

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2008
[QUOTE="ocmwpsycho-93, post: 0]wtf
how come those 360 fiends get everything early
i bet ms put a big fat tip into ea's rather large pockets[/quote]
Yeah, that's what could have happened..
I'm either extremely dissappointed at how Sony fails or angry at MS for.. Well, bribing EA.

BS.

B

Bluntz

[QUOTE="-Deadpool-, post: 0]Well at least its before the game releases - gives us some practice before the title drops 8) Can't wait.[/quote]

true...

i-still-dont-know-why-a-demo-would-get-released-after-the-games-already-been-out-on-the-market-for-a-few-months

never-made-any-sense-to-me

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Bluntz, post: 0]true...

i-still-dont-know-why-a-demo-would-get-released-after-the-games-already-been-out-on-the-market-for-a-few-months

never-made-any-sense-to-me[/quote]

Those always seem pointless to me. Guess it depends whether they want to gain a few more sales or whatever..

tr0bb

Veteran
May 31, 2008
www.youtube.com
I read somewhere a while ago that more devs are releasing demos of the games after the initial release because it negatively affects sales if there is a demo before the game.

People have a chance to play it and then decide they don't like it, they then tell people about it and the cycle goes on. Of course this only happens if the game is poor.

This happened to me with the Lord of the Rings game, the demo put me right off buying the game where as before I might have bought it out of curiosity.

Although I did think the MS:pR demo was a little weak but I still picked up the full game.

Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="tr0bb, post: 0]I read somewhere a while ago that more devs are releasing demos of the games after the initial release because it negatively affects sales if there is a demo before the game.

People have a chance to play it and then decide they don't like it, they then tell people about it and the cycle goes on. Of course this only happens if the game is poor.

This happened to me with the Lord of the Rings game, the demo put me right off buying the game where as before I might have bought it out of curiosity.

Although I did think the MS:pR demo was a little weak but I still picked up the full game.[/quote]

But see I can see this only being beneficial for us gamers. As some people(like me) won't buy a game until they have played the demo. I have been dissapointed before with games(NFS comes to mind) and that is my way of making sure the game lives up to my expectations. With demos game makers are forced to make decent games because they know that we will just dl the demo and if it sucks not buy it. Where as before we would just have to buy the game or rely on other peoples experiances. To me it doesn't matter when the demo releases. As long as it isn't like months after the game release.

Muntu

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2008
I just noticed one thing: X360 demo has no online multiplayer.

Whoa, and PS3 demo is supposed to have one.
Nice extra for us, makes up the bigger wait if the online's gonna be there.

Kyo.

Master Guru
Feb 1, 2007
getting it day one!
mainly cuz alot of the Aussie crew is getting it but i like skating games and this one looks to be really good.

so much love for the 360 and only alittle love for the ps3 :(
*sigh*

Muntu

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2008
[QUOTE="Kyo-Unit, post: 0]
so much love for the 360 and only alittle love for the ps3 :(
*sigh*[/quote]
Not really, if my speculations are true.
And, after all, PS3's the lead platform.

DonMare

Elite Guru
Sep 15, 2007
[QUOTE="Muntu, post: 0]I just noticed one thing: X360 demo has no online multiplayer.

Whoa, and PS3 demo is supposed to have one.
Nice extra for us, makes up the bigger wait if the online's gonna be there.[/quote]

If that's true, I can wait the extra week.
Online in a demo is awesome.
:D

May 31, 2008
www.youtube.com
That would be cool if it did have online, but there is nothing about it on the official Skate 2 forums. Where did you hear it?

The 360 demo has the game modes that you will be able to play online, but they are only available to play offline.

Doesn't seem likely that they would have online for only the PS3 demo and not the 360 demo. Happy to be proven wrong, but to me it only seems fair that both demos should have the exact same content.

Aug 4, 2008
playfire.com
I'm glad they are releasing a demo of Skate 2 before the game comes out. Playing the first Skate demo was what made me want to purchase the game.
I will be picking this game up a few days after it gets released (payday, w00t).

Muntu

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2008
[QUOTE="tr0bb, post: 0]That would be cool if it did have online, but there is nothing about it on the official Skate 2 forums. Where did you hear it?

The 360 demo has the game modes that you will be able to play online, but they are only available to play offline.

Doesn't seem likely that they would have online for only the PS3 demo and not the 360 demo. Happy to be proven wrong, but to me it only seems fair that both demos should have the exact same content.[/quote]
The Skate 2 demo will also feature two of the game’s online Party Play modes: Thrasher’s Hall of Meat and Spot Battle.
From the link in op.

Actually, I'm not too sure about it anymore.. I have a strong feeling I have read it somewhere else too, but that's the one I can come up with now. Considering I was somewhat tired when postin that last post, I might have just misread that part.

Also, about being fair.. Releasing the demo to the other console a week before the second console gets it, even though they could have been released at the same time.. That's not really fair either.

EDIT:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7432_en.html

"The demo includes online play"

imaROBOT_

PEACE.LOVE.UNITY.RESPECT.
Mar 28, 2007
I think PS3 users having to wait is BS. Doesn't make any sense to me. If there is online play for PS3 users that is good. From what I heard the x360 demo is pretty short.

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
Would be nice to give online a whirl, see what the lag is like and all that sort of stuff - so hope it does include online play 8)