Skillpoints

Legend Killer

Master Poster
Dec 24, 2005
I've been thinking we have a lot of people who post in the design corner more than any other area on the forum myself included it seems the PS3 section is full of crap lately. :roll:

I've post a lot in the design corner but we don't receive any skillpoints which sucks because I posted almost 2000 times and I hardly have enough skillpoints to buy a Icon. :evil:

My question is do you think we should get skillpoints for posting in the Design corner?

Supaman²²³

Undercover Moderator
Apr 18, 2006
Yes OMFG YES!!

we should move the "Rate the whatever above you" to chitchat section, and give skill points in the Design corner, i have about 900 posts and only 3000 Skill points including my icons, and i won 1750 of that from Adamb4e's contest

Mar 21, 2005
www.ps3portal.com
I dont know i mean alot of people post in other areas to get points for here, if we give skill points here alot of people wont go anywhere else. Plus you can always have battles and sell your sigs for points.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
This thread is not closely moderated...you get skill points in the ps3 and 360 sections
because you make threads that are informal and you reply with good opinions.

now I can make a thread for each thing I make and ask for opinions, or post in the
rate the sig above you thread a gazzilion times...and I would get like 50000 skillpoints.

those skillpoints were not well earned were they?

T

Tribunal

I agree with Soldier One, plus, this forum is first and foremost a PS3 Gaming forum. And not a design forum. This is just something we do for fun.

Legend Killer

Master Poster
Dec 24, 2005
Maybe we can make the SP you receive for each post very small like 1-3 SP for every post its not much but atleast we get something. :|

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
why do you guys want sp for rating peoples threads and talking about sotws?
They are called Skillpoints for a reason.

threads like the DS section and General chit chat section shouldn't have sp...
that's how the admins have made it and that's how it will stay.

threads like ebony's hardware sticky deserve skill points (did he get like
a thousand there?):lol:

Supaman²²³

Undercover Moderator
Apr 18, 2006
IT because al ot of people myself included do not go into the Ps3 section or anyother section because thos places are filled with Noobs, that ask Stupid questions, its allways the same thread bieng created evreyday!

Which HDTV should i Buy?

Will you buy a console at luanch?

What console is better?

after a while you just get sick of it!

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
Thankyou for voicing your opinions...now I will request an admin to not allow ANY
skillpoints in the PS3 section..are you guys happy?

T

Tribunal

This isn't a serious section. You should really be happy this section is even around in the first place.

A

AJJets107

I am not sure because you can just get points for rating a sig for example 10/10 Because I like it.

ginno

Apprentice
Jun 16, 2006
aww i was thinking about this yesterday, it would be so much better if we did, alot of help is given out in this forum and you get nothing for it. its not asif its the general chat section where people would just post loads of rubbish in order to get sp.

comon get the votes up!

Ridge Racer

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2006
No we shouldn't because then you'd have an influx of people posting long drawn out answers to simple questions like "who's sig is better?" :lol: :lol:

Patience is what you must learn. The points will come, the points will come. :D

Coolio

Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2005
why not? It seems stupid to get warned by mods about not uilling the 5 word mnimum and I'm not getting skill points. Posts mean nothing on this forum and in a place like this it seems there's a lot of times you can post and it doesn't get t 5 words

Mar 19, 2006
Coolio said:
why not? It seems stupid to get warned by mods about not uilling the 5 word mnimum and I'm not getting skill points. Posts mean nothing on this forum and in a place like this it seems there's a lot of times you can post and it doesn't get t 5 words
If there isn't a problem with the five word rule, why create one? I think skill points are just a priviledge, not a right. Making a problem for the sake of defying the rule in light of missed benefits doesn't seem too fitting for a discussion where kissing of the Admin's ass is required. :lol:

Instead of awarding SPs for each individual post, mods/admins could create a system where a large sum (1000 SPs) is awarded for each 100 posts made in the Design forum so that spammers couldn't SPAM up the design corner with HAM without actually contributing. Sorry I HAD to say that. This way, those who contribute are rewarded while those who do not make a significant contribution aren't.

[the large blue text trick was learned from someone on these forums whose name I am currently unable to recall]

T

Tribunal

Hmm... can't people just spam until they get 100 posts in here to get the skill points? On average I think a majority of posts in this section (save this thread) would only be worth 10 skill-points anyways, thus, either way they would get 1,000 by 100.

Mar 21, 2005
www.ps3portal.com
Its there becaue people wont post like they should without it. I mean say i post a sig and want to know what people think, you and tribe say just fix this and this and it will e better, while some other person comes up and says it sucks and leaves. That same person does it all the time, well there isnt a rule stoppig him so others start doing it also. Im just saying its needed here because like all the other threads people need to exsplain their resoning not say yes or no and leave.

I still havent read anything that makes you say yea they really should get SP for posting good sig, even most of the DS agree their shouldnt be SP. I think its just rewarding to even have the area in the first place, and if you want SP out of it join the shops and sell your work or something.

Mar 19, 2006
Tribunal said:
Hmm... can't people just spam until they get 100 posts in here to get the skill points? On average I think a majority of posts in this section (save this thread) would only be worth 10 skill-points anyways, thus, either way they would get 1,000 by 100.
Normal humans can never continue to post over 100 posts of SPAM. Here are the reasons for/against the statement:

1. they absolutely have no life and live off of other people's misery or

2. they are incredibly resistent to being ignored for SPAMMING.

3. if it is obvious that they are SPAMMing, mods can kick them.

4. if they are being ignored and such, WHY would they continue to SPAM for a non-existent thing known only here as skill points?

5. why would they SPAM in the design corner when they can get Skill points by SPAMMing in the PS3 sections?

6. besides, mods (especially the_one, the_tyrannical_one LOL) can just decide to not award the SPAMMer any Sps because they are spamming.

7.err... yeah.

They system is meant to reward those who contribute (which is the purpose of SPs also), not encourage SPAM. Actually, I'm not even sure if SPAM has double M's at the end...