Skyrim Pre-order map, anyone have details?

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
Just curious because I'll be pre-ordering it from Amazon. Is anyone aware if this is just one of those games where the "first wave" will have the map included? Similar to how Demon's Soul's limited edition was only released via pre-order?

Update:

Amazon.ca's Response said:
Hello from Amazon.ca.

I understand that you want to know if the pre-order bonus was available with this purchase on our Amazon.ca website.

I've checked our website and found that at this time, we do not have the pre-order bonus " premium physical map" for this item on our website.

However, I found that this pre-order bonus is available for the same item on our partner site, Amazon.com.

Please note that, our international web sites operate independently of each other. The items offered on each site are obtained from different suppliers, publishers, and distributors, relative to the country from which the item originates. We are unable to transfer inventory from one fulfillment centre to another.

I do apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause to you.

If you have any further questions about this offer, you may wish to contact the manufacturer directly.

I realize that you have been greatly inconvenienced by this situation. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.ca.

Did we answer your question?
I'm just asking Bethesda if Amazon.ca is getting it. Usually Amazon.ca lags behind a bit in regards to updating their pre-orders.

Last edited:

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
It's preorder only for EU and NA. I also know it's made from burlap, so it won't be made from cheap materials at least. Unfortunately, that's all I know.

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
^ This is the same with Australian stores as well... just a pre-order first in first served kinda thing.

I hope they announce some kind of big CE though :S

Ariakace

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2008
New Jersey
I remember when i got my copy of Elder Scrolls Morrowind i got a nice little cloth map with it. I'd imagine it would be something similar. could always call up your local game retailer and see if they have any extra information, but i doubt it as they usually dont get that stuff in until aobut a month or so before release nowadays.

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Wish futureshop wasnt so ******ed.

emailed them about my ONLINE preorder seeing if i get the map, and they told me to go into a store and ask. How is that going to help me, I preordered it online when it was cheaper :/

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 5591049]Wish futureshop wasnt so ******ed.

emailed them about my ONLINE preorder seeing if i get the map, and they told me to go into a store and ask. How is that going to help me, I preordered it online when it was cheaper :/[/QUOTE]

Why not pre order from GameStop?

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="daLa, post: 5591097]Why not pre order from GameStop?[/QUOTE]

Because GameStop is awful.

[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 5591049]Wish futureshop wasnt so ******ed.

emailed them about my ONLINE preorder seeing if i get the map, and they told me to go into a store and ask. How is that going to help me, I preordered it online when it was cheaper :/[/QUOTE]
Why futureshop when Amazon is typically cheaper and probably ships faster?

Anyway I just emailed Amazon asking the question and referenced my pre-order. I'll post the response here.

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="Tyrien, post: 5591536]Because GameStop is awful.

Why futureshop when Amazon is typically cheaper and probably ships faster?

Anyway I just emailed Amazon asking the question and referenced my pre-order. I'll post the response here.
[/QUOTE]

Awful how? i've pretty much always pre-ordered my games from there, i get my freebies and my game the day is out, never no problem.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
Gamestop has the highest prices of any north american retailer, and unless you ask every time you won't be given a sealed copy of the game when you walk in.

Frog

Superior Member
Feb 3, 2008
[QUOTE="Ariakace, post: 5590417]I remember when i got my copy of Elder Scrolls Morrowind i got a nice little cloth map with it. I'd imagine it would be something similar. could always call up your local game retailer and see if they have any extra information, but i doubt it as they usually dont get that stuff in until aobut a month or so before release nowadays.[/QUOTE]
I put 300+ hours into that game and purchased it 3 or 4 times. PC Collector's Edition, Xbox, Xbox GOTY, PC GOTY and there was never a cloth map.

Todd Howard did mention that they made their own cloth map for the game, but that was for the studio.

How did you get a cloth map? And after nearly a decade on the Elderscrolls forums...why I have I not heard of it?

It would be awesome if true.

Last edited:

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="Tyrien, post: 5591630]Gamestop has the highest prices of any north american retailer, and unless you ask every time you won't be given a sealed copy of the game when you walk in.[/QUOTE]

Every game I've ever bought from them has come sealed....

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 5593628]Every game I've ever bought from them has come sealed....[/QUOTE]
Not me. I've walked in several times, grabbed a game I wanted from the shelf and had to ask specifically for a sealed copy. I would have been sold he copy that had the disc removed from the case for display.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="Tyrien, post: 5593687]Not me. I've walked in several times, grabbed a game I wanted from the shelf and had to ask specifically for a sealed copy. I would have been sold he copy that had the disc removed from the case for display.[/QUOTE]

I suppose different stores operate differently. In mine, the cases on the shelves are simply for display, and they keep all the games behind the desk of in the back room. I've only ever bought new games at Gamestop, and every time they pulled it from a cabinet behind the desk and it's sealed.

Curious: How old is your Gamestop?

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="Tyrien, post: 5593687]Not me. I've walked in several times, grabbed a game I wanted from the shelf and had to ask specifically for a sealed copy. I would have been sold he copy that had the disc removed from the case for display.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure GameStop doesn't that, they probably sold you a pre-owned game? I mean i've only seen GS selling unsealed games but when they're pre-owned.

gumionday

Dedicated Member
May 10, 2007
[QUOTE="daLa, post: 5593732]I'm pretty sure GameStop doesn't that, they probably sold you a pre-owned game? I mean i've only seen GS selling unsealed games but when they're pre-owned.[/QUOTE]

actually they do that regularly. I just got Record of Agarest War Zero, from them, they had opened the Limited Edition and put the game box on display. I asked for sealed copy and they said they didn't have one, so I made a comment about their ridiculous practice and I paid for my game, and left the store. It is not any different than the sealed copy but I would like to be the one to break the seal on the factory packaging for a product that I bought.
They put the game back in the case from the shelf and then use a stupid sticker that says new on it and leaves glue gunk all over your game case when you try to remove it.
I really don't like some of their practices but I don't mind going in getting my game on release day or even at a midnight launch and then home to play, thankfully purchasing at Gamestop doesn't require you to hang out with their really cool staff for hours on end :)

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="gumionday, post: 5593761]actually they do that regularly. I just got Record of Agarest War Zero, from them, they had opened the Limited Edition and put the game box on display. I asked for sealed copy and they said they didn't have one, so I made a comment about their ridiculous practice and I paid for my game, and left the store. It is not any different than the sealed copy but I would like to be the one to break the seal on the factory packaging for a product that I bought.
They put the game back in the case from the shelf and then use a stupid sticker that says new on it and leaves glue gunk all over your game case when you try to remove it.
I really don't like some of their practices but I don't mind going in getting my game on release day or even at a midnight launch and then home to play, thankfully purchasing at Gamestop doesn't require you to hang out with their really cool staff for hours on end :)[/QUOTE]
This is the very reason that I only go to Gamestop if everywhere else doesn't have the game in stock.