Slim vita and multiple colors

Arimax

Dedicated Member
May 31, 2006
Georgia
Still don't know if it's enough for me to get a Vita though I'll wait and see think my biggest problem is the $200 price tag yeah I know they just dropped it, but PS3 also cost $199, and you know how that works.

I think my biggest issue is the value at $200 I'm about to upgrade my Phone pretty soon, and it's either HTC One or LG G2 which both at $199 have more value to me than a Vita does. Actually don't know how much LG G2 costs my bad, but that does apply to HTC One.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
"The new model will be 20% thinner and 15% lighter, and replaces the original's OLED screen with an LED one."

lol wut?

On the move with Tapatalk

Jmobley

Apprentice
Aug 29, 2013
San Rafael, CA
www.vgu.tv
I really want one, people are making a big deal about switching from OLED to LCD but I don't think you're going to see much of a difference to be honest. They will look practically the same if I had to guess. Waiting for some kind of trade-in program so I can swap it out for a new sexy white one.

Flumbooze

Superior Member
Jun 16, 2013
Belgium
[QUOTE="Smokin Joker, post: 6199794]Why the change to LED???

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4[/QUOTE]

Because of battery live :)

[QUOTE="Jmobley, post: 6199803]I really want one, people are making a big deal about switching from OLED to LCD but I don't think you're going to see much of a difference to be honest. They will look practically the same if I had to guess. Waiting for some kind of trade-in program so I can swap it out for a new sexy white one.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you will.

Itachi

Forum Sage
Nov 13, 2010
Winterfell
okay nevemind that 1gig is flash storage and NOT RAM. what the hell?!
the entire GAF thread is basically "What? no OLED!!!?"

Last edited:

WebMoose

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2006
UK
[QUOTE="Itachi, post: 6199897]okay nevemind that 1gig is flash storage and NOT RAM. what the hell?!
the entire GAF thread is basically "What? no OLED!!!?"[/QUOTE]

I say LCD Yuk...OLED Mmmm....Then again i would seen as i just bought the Killzone pack 4 days ago Ha Ha

Itachi

Forum Sage
Nov 13, 2010
Winterfell
[QUOTE="WebMoose, post: 6199904]I say LCD Yuk...OLED Mmmm....Then again i would seen as i just bought the Killzone pack 4 days ago Ha Ha[/QUOTE]

I almost bought it too

WebMoose

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2006
UK
[QUOTE="Itachi, post: 6199908]I almost bought it too[/QUOTE]

To be fair i aint fussed at all.....I Dont really see the new one as an upgrade and i have convinced myself that OLED is superior....
I actually prefer the Design more on the Original Vita too..Like the Mock Metal banding...

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
[QUOTE="Arimax, post: 6199786]Still don't know if it's enough for me to get a Vita though I'll wait and see think my biggest problem is the $200 price tag yeah I know they just dropped it, but PS3 also cost $199, and you know how that works.

I think my biggest issue is the value at $200 I'm about to upgrade my Phone pretty soon, and it's either HTC One or LG G2 which both at $199 have more value to me than a Vita does. Actually don't know how much LG G2 costs my bad, but that does apply to HTC One.[/QUOTE]

I have an HTC One X and it's a brilliant phone :)

I don't think they really need to do a slim model of the vita if I'm honest, it doesn't feel chunky to me and it's comfortable to hold. Also not keen on those colours either haha, I prefer matt or glossy instead of pastel

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
If all this info comes out to be true, I'm so getting an older Vita before they disappear.

[QUOTE="Smokin Joker, post: 6199794]Why the change to LED???

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4[/QUOTE]
Most likely to save on manufacturing costs since LED LCD is cheaper.
[QUOTE="Jmobley, post: 6199803]I really want one, people are making a big deal about switching from OLED to LCD but I don't think you're going to see much of a difference to be honest. They will look practically the same if I had to guess. Waiting for some kind of trade-in program so I can swap it out for a new sexy white one.[/QUOTE]

I disagree.
I, and most others, will take OLED anytime rather than plain old LCD with LED backlighting.
Simply because OLED is the better tech.

Just wait for the comparison vids to surface.

[QUOTE="Flumbooze, post: 6199813]Because of battery live :)[/QUOTE]
Meh. I doubt there'll be any battery savings for moving from an OLED display to an LED LCD.
I'd take a much better picture than a minute longer battery life. If it's even a minute.

The "savings" are not for consumers. More like for Sony.

Itachi

Forum Sage
Nov 13, 2010
Winterfell
[QUOTE="MjW, post: 6199980]If all this info comes out to be true, I'm so getting an older Vita before they disappear.

Most likely to save on manufacturing costs since LED LCD is cheaper.

I disagree.
I, and most others, will take OLED anytime rather than plain old LCD with LED backlighting.
Simply because OLED is the better tech.

Just wait for the comparison vids to surface.

Meh. I doubt there'll be any battery savings for moving from an OLED display to an LED LCD.
I'd take a much better picture than a minute longer battery life. If it's even a minute.

The "savings" are not for consumers. More like for Sony.

On the move with Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
To be fair OLED's have their own problems. THe green tint/splotches in dark black areas of the screen at all viewing angles. If done right I don't care what the screen is. Iphone 5 is also LCD and its gorgeous

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="Itachi, post: 6200011]To be fair OLED's have their own problems. THe green tint/splotches in dark black areas of the screen at all viewing angles. If done right I don't care what the screen is. Iphone 5 is also LCD and its gorgeous[/QUOTE]
Sure all tech has downsides.

The iPhone is also a premium product. If the new Vita has an IPS panel too then I'll cut Sony some slack.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
Most of the changes are cool, but is it better it be thinner? it will be really hard to grab, I pressume, if it is thinner than current one.

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
It's still thicker than the PSP2000/3000 so it's not too thin, but in future I'd rather see improvements to the hardware and making it lighter rather than it getting smaller. They shouldve had 4GB built in IMO, you still can't play something like Killzone out of the box with it's 1.3GB update (most games you can now though).

Forcedme

Super Elite
Oct 19, 2007
Vita Slims.

64GB Memory Cards.

Price Reductions looming on the horizon.

Mercenary running out the gate with a sleek black mane showing all the other show-ponies what they're capable of if they JUST BELIEVE!

The comeback starts now. Someone cue a Queen song.

Dec 24, 2007
Im slightly disappointed. Switching to LCD, they made the speakers look hell cheap with the honeycomb design, added an ugly frame to the screen.

On current Vita, you cannot play outdoors, because the screen is too dark, even in its lightest setting. This is very sad, actually, as it should be one of the most important advantages of a mobile console.

If the new screen will have brighter light, I might get one and sell my older one.

Effekt

Apprentice
Mar 9, 2008
Honestly I don't really like the colors. Why can't it just be all one solid color? Why the Half-white look? Am I the only one who doesn't find it very appealing? Sure it's not terrible but it isn't something I'd really be that proud about. I do like the Black and tan combo color though.