So any other artists/craftsmen here?

SwitchBlade

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2006
www.myspace.com
Lets use this thread to show off the things we create using our own two hands.

Beginning of the summer, I took my love for mid-century modern furniture and my knowledge from working in automotive body & paint and started trying to build/sell my own creations in the MCM style. I've stuck to tables right now while I learn more about wood working, but this is some of the things I've done so far.

I built the coffee table, and side table in this shot. They were set up in our living room for the photo.

Another shot of the side table. It's done in African Teak veneer.

Same coffee table set up in my wife's office.

Beside table done in African Teak veneer I made for our guest room.

Another little side table I made with some leftover wood and Teak veneer.

This is the latest coffee table I made, covered with mahagony veneer.

I had a few more, but these were the coolest ones.

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
I'm no craftsman but that is some awesome stuff!! great effort, you are very talanted! I'd love to have some spare time to do projects like that :3

SwitchBlade

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2006
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="DarkVincent07, post: 5196667]I'm no craftsman but that is some awesome stuff!! great effort, you are very talanted! I'd love to have some spare time to do projects like that :3[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

I'm just lucky to have an extremely supportive wife (who also makes enough $$ to pay the bills), and a small shop to work in!

Im a fabricator by trade. I make things out of sheet metal to exact, precise measurements and then stick them together using TIG welding.

I love it, although it can be frustrating. Spending 2 months fabricating a job then when you go to weld it all together, blow a hole in the metal because you didn't set the weld plant up right... :'(

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5197815]I fully expect Lethal to post something here. That dude can make some bad *** stuff.[/QUOTE]

:) Good thread! I will post my poker table I built and some custom decks tonight.

SwitchBlade

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2006
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 5197822]:) Good thread! I will post my poker table I built and some custom decks tonight.[/QUOTE]

Look forward to seeing the poker table. I'm thinking about trying to build a Mid-century modern styled pool table sometime this fall.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="SwitchBlade, post: 5197826]Look forward to seeing the poker table. I'm thinking about trying to build a Mid-century modern styled pool table sometime this fall.[/QUOTE]

I like the style you used. Your living room looks really nice.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Here are a few pictures I found.

This last picture I had to extend their deck. originally it was only 10x12 and I made it 24x12 and moved the stairs.