So apparently, MGSV TPP will have optional MICRO-TRANSACTIONS. Can anyone confirm?

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[h=1]Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain has microtransactions[/h]FELICE DI GIUSEPPE
<time class="article__time" datetime="2015-06-10T11:17:53+00:00" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.85714rem; line-height: 2.01; display: inline-block;">il 10 giugno 2015 alle 11:17</time>

The Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain’s pre-order on the PlayStation Store has revealed that the latest Hideo Kojima’s game has optional in-game microtransactions.
As you can see by yourself in the image below, the italian page says “Acquisti in-game opzionali”, that in english stands for “Optional in-game purchases”.
We don’t have any clue about the nature of the microtransactions, but we will update this story as it follows. So stay tuned for more!
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will be available on 1st September for PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 and on 15th September for PC (only via Steam).
source: http://www.tmag.it/2015/06/10/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-has-microtransactions/

I mean, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, given it's Konami. But I seriously hope this isn't pay-to-play garbage.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
Don't previous MGS games have weapons that unlock with mission rankings? Perhaps this would allow you to unlock those weapons without having to achieve those ranks. I know the demo unlocks that one silenced uzi for use in the mission but you need a B rank or something like that.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Maybe it's the Metal Gear Online segment? That's getting included with this too, yeah? MGO for PS3 had in game purchases for customization and random junk...

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 6451531]They lost me after playing Ground Zeros. This sort of news isn't going to help me rethink my stance.[/QUOTE]

What did GZ do to you?

On-topic, I hope it has to do with MGS online. If its in-game for the single-player I will be extra sadden that my favorite game series has been commercialized. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT GENERATION CASUAL! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE YET AGAIN!!

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
Hopefully not another potentially good game ruined.

Having said that past experience has shown micro transactions not to be a 'game changer' though as I just ignore them anyway so I'm still in

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
As long as they are optional for me it doesn't matter, it's when they are forced upon you to make progress (like freemium mobile games) it's starts to become unfair!

Oct 1, 2014
Blackpool
[QUOTE="Fijiandoce, post: 6451511]Maybe it's the Metal Gear Online segment? That's getting included with this too, yeah? MGO for PS3 had in game purchases for customization and random junk...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I've actually just looked at a few other games like Call of Duty and lists 'In-game purchases optional' same with AC Unity.

Its not honestly going to be 'unlock next part of the story.' It will be XP boost packs, unlock weapon/skins in MGO and maybe speed up mother base construction. All completely optional.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="Lebowski, post: 6451504]source: http://www.tmag.it/2015/06/10/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-has-microtransactions/

I mean, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, given it's Konami. But I seriously hope this isn't pay-to-play garbage.[/QUOTE]
Why would you think it would be pay-to-play when you put optional micro-transactions in the title (as well as what the article states)? "Optional in-game purchases" is all that the article mentions.

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
It won't be anything that will actually affect the main game. May be short cuts to weapons and stuff like that, but that nothing that will stand in the way of progression. I assume it's for MGO, which seems likely.

Doubt I'll be partaking in MGO anyway.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[QUOTE="Metal King Slime, post: 6451810]Why would you think it would be pay-to-play when you put optional micro-transactions in the title (as well as what the article states)? "Optional in-game purchases" is all that the article mentions.[/QUOTE]

Because "optional" could also mean game-advancing. That HAS happened before in the past. Also, no one likes a smartass.