so far, 353 of my X1 games will be upgraded on X. how about you?

Aug 12, 2008
tyneside
[FONT=&amp]used the tab in the "my games and apps" section to select Xone Enhanced games, pleasantly surprised to see 353 of the 520 on my HD's will get the enhancements so far.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]thats from 127 BC and 393 X1
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Probably around the same number for me. Maybe 4 games of which I actually care to get an upgrade for though. I am more focused on games that will be releasing with the X in mind. Not dumb minor upgrades on all previous titles. Resolution upscaling and smoother frame rates are what the majority of the older titles will be getting. Very similar to the PS4 Pro boost mode that enhances all the games. I just want to see what the console can do with new games that the PS4 Pro can't.

May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6532903]Probably around the same number for me. Maybe 4 games of which I actually care to get an upgrade for though. I am more focused on games that will be releasing with the X in mind. Not dumb minor upgrades on all previous titles. Resolution upscaling and smoother frame rates are what the majority of the older titles will be getting. Very similar to the PS4 Pro boost mode that enhances all the games. I just want to see what the console can do with new games that the PS4 Pro can't.[/QUOTE]

That's not exactly true because it doesn't work on all games and it should of been there from the start IMO, or they should of just went with a more powerful refresh. Some of the games that uses boost mode have issues too. MS took the harder route with more of an architectural overhaul and its paying off. What they're doing with xbox one x is definitely not just dumb minor upgrades. Thats for sure.

As for seeing what the xbox one x can do we already seeing its superior to the pro early on it with the graphics bump with certain titles. We shouldn't expect anything that different from games built from the ground up for it.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Sub-stance1, post: 6532907]That's not exactly true because it doesn't work on all games and it should of been there from the start IMO, or they should of just went with a more powerful refresh. Some of the games that uses boost mode have issues too. MS took the harder route with more of an architectural overhaul and its paying off. What they're doing with xbox one x is definitely not just dumb minor upgrades. Thats for sure.

As for seeing what the xbox one x can do we already seeing its superior to the pro early on it with the graphics bump with certain titles. We shouldn't expect anything that different from games built from the ground up for it.[/QUOTE]

Boost mode does something to every single game that does not already have a Pro patch. Xbox One X will be doing something similar to their games that do not get an actual patch..

Xbox One X is doing the same thing. Only a true dedicated patch will change the previous titles. So much like the boost mode on the PS4 Pro, the console will help to improve frame rates and possibly draw distances.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6532911]Boost mode does something to every single game that does not already have a Pro patch. Xbox One X will be doing something similar to their games that do not get an actual patch..

Xbox One X is doing the same thing. Only a true dedicated patch will change the previous titles. So much like the boost mode on the PS4 Pro, the console will help to improve frame rates and possibly draw distances.[/QUOTE]
Does that include making some like Soma actually worse than it was before? There are some titles that have no improvements in boost mode. You said it enhances all games.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Sub-stance1, post: 6532919]Does that include making some like Soma actually worse than it was before? There are some titles that have no improvements in boost mode. You said it enhances all games.[/QUOTE]

There are like 5 games out of the entire PS4 library that work better with boost mode off. Either way you make no case as to what boost mode does.

[QUOTE="Sub-stance1, post: 6532907] MS took the harder route with more of an architectural overhaul and its paying off. What they're doing with xbox one x is definitely not just dumb minor upgrades. Thats for sure.[/QUOTE]

Prove this please. Show me something that says all the previous titles will an overhaul and not just minor upgrades. Prove to me that this is no different than boost mode and prove to me that no games will run better with the Xbox One X boost mode disabled. You are talking on high hopes and your love for Microsoft and this weird belief that this will be a flawless machine that will do no wrong.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2008
tyneside
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6532903]Probably around the same number for me. Maybe 4 games of which I actually care to get an upgrade for though.[/QUOTE]
i care about all the games i spend money on and that is why i'm pleasantly surprised that so many will have an upgrade.

May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6532920]There are like 5 games out of the entire PS4 library that work better with boost mode off. Either way you make no case as to what boost mode does.
[/QUOTE]
Well Lethal, i was just pointing out the inaccuracy in your statement. Boost mode doesnt work on all titles. Even sony has stated the same thing.
Prove this please. Show me something that says all the previous titles will an overhaul and not just minor upgrades. Prove to me that this is no different than boost mode and prove to me that no games will run better with the Xbox One X boost mode disabled. You are talking on high hopes and your love for Microsoft and this weird belief that this will be a flawless machine that will do no wrong.
I dont think any console is flawless but i dont try and belittle its superior capabilities like you seem to be doing lately. According to Microsoft , Xbox one x doesnt have and doesnt need a boost mode because the entire console is boost mode. And for the record, i never said that all titles will be a overhaul, but not just "minor upgrades" as you described. Were already seeing titles like Tomb Raider where you can clearly see thats not the case. No, xbox one x isnt perfect but being able to play enhanced xbox one games and playing over 300 xbox 360 games ( some of those enhancd too) at launch is no small achievement. Youre downplaying it like its something we see on a regular basis in the industry. Ps4 pro didnt even launch with boost mode and its still not as efficient as what xboxone x is doing and it hasnt even launched yet.

[QUOTE="Yungstar 2006, post: 6532921]i care about all the games i spend money on and that is why i'm pleasantly surprised that so many will have an upgrade.[/QUOTE]
I think thats a huge feat. Imo, it just shows why the console has awesome value.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2008
tyneside
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6532986]There are really only around 130 games that will be enhanced by Xbox One X so far.

https://majornelson.com/2017/09/20/...to-over-130-console-pre-orders-now-available/

Yungstars picture is just showing him what games he has downloaded to his console....[/QUOTE]

you appear somewhat confused over my above pic, i'll try again.

the first picture shows how many X1 and 360 games i have installed on my X1s, the 2nd picture shows how many of those are enhanced for X. you will notice that the enhanced number has grown.

i might add that quite a few of my games have had updates this week.

you will also notice in the my all games pic that 7 games have had updates today, while the enhanced games shows only 3.

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Aug 12, 2008
tyneside
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6532996]I guess you have something that Major Nelson does not even have. He says a little over 130 games are enhanced for Xbox One X.

This article was written yesterday.....[/QUOTE]
the above picture was taken just before i posted the above.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6532911]Boost mode does something to every single game that does not already have a Pro patch. Xbox One X will be doing something similar to their games that do not get an actual patch..
Xbox One X is doing the same thing.[/quote]
Nope.
They all get anisotropic filtering upgraded for nix.
They get a faster Hard drive transfer speed.
They get a RAM drive.
The PS4 doesn't do any of that at all.
Only a true dedicated patch will change the previous titles. So much like the boost mode on the PS4 Pro, the console will help to improve frame rates and possibly draw distances.

[QUOTE="Yungstar 2006, post: 6532901][FONT=&]used the tab in the "my games and apps" section to select Xone Enhanced games, pleasantly surprised to see 353 of the 520 on my HD's will get the enhancements so far.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]thats from 127 BC and 393 X1
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[/QUOTE]
Those 353 titles Youngster are the games that have already been tested and upgraded with the features mentioned above.
Not all of them get a boost through a patch, but they are all getting improved hard drive transfers and disk caches and filtering.

Expect that number to climb towards launch, every titles should reach that mark.

Last edited:

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Some of the enhancements may cause compatibility issues on a very small percentage of titles
I found this to stand out as Substance was talking shit that some games do not benefit well from the PS4 boost mode.

Hopefully everything in this article is true as I would love to have all the enhancements they say will be there. But this article is also a few months old.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6533008]I found this to stand out as Substance was talking $#@! that some games do not benefit well from the PS4 boost mode.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the difference is, MS handles it for you, you don't have to switch it on and off yourself.
They will still benefit from the extra stuff like texture filtering and hard drive speeds.

As I say above that's will be what that 353 titles are, they have been certified already as running better.

At the very worst, a title will benefit from faster load times and improved texture filtering, even if the extra speed would break it.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2008
tyneside
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 6533000]Those 353 titles Youngster are the games that have already been tested and upgraded with the features mentioned above.
Not all of them get a boost through a patch, but they are all getting improved hard drive transfers and disk caches and filtering.

Expect that number to climb towards launch, every titles should reach that mark.[/QUOTE]

I never said patch. Just enhanced on X.

Aug 12, 2008
tyneside
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6533008]I found this to stand out as Substance was talking $#@! that some games do not benefit well from the PS4 boost mode.

Hopefully everything in this article is true as I would love to have all the enhancements they say will be there. But this article is also a few months old.[/QUOTE]

Why do you feel the need to defend the Pro?
This is only about how many games I have that are already enhanced for X

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Yungstar 2006, post: 6533022]Why do you feel the need to defend the Pro?
This is only about how many games I have that are already enhanced for X[/QUOTE]

Because there are false statements that need to be corrected.

May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6533008]I found this to stand out as Substance was talking $#@! that some games do not benefit well from the PS4 boost mode.

Hopefully everything in this article is true as I would love to have all the enhancements they say will be there. But this article is also a few months old.[/QUOTE]
I never said that all games played on Xbox one x would be enhanced for the better.

Last edited:

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Yungstar 2006, post: 6533021]I never said patch. Just enhanced on X.[/QUOTE]

I know mate, just clarifying it for other members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Either way, small enhancements are not enough to make me play those old games again. Just like the Pro, there are enhancements to all previous titles. Unless there is a significant patch to the game, I could care less about these little boosts.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
Ive delibraty kept not played a lot of them, fallout 4, doom, dishonured 2, abd finishing quantum break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 6533068]Ive delibraty kept not played a lot of them, fallout 4, doom, dishonured 2, abd finishing quantum break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

And that works out great for you. Unfortunately I have played everything already. I will however play Rise of the Tomb Raider again on the XB1X. I love the game so much.

Aug 12, 2008
tyneside
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6533027]Because there are false statements that need to be corrected.[/QUOTE]
the only false statements would be you ignoring the facts while trying to suggest PSPro is on an even keel with X.

You
Resolution upscaling and smoother frame rates are what the majority of the older titles will be getting. Very similar to the PS4 Pro boost mode that enhances all the games.
the facts.
They all get anisotropic filtering upgraded for nix.
They get a faster Hard drive transfer speed.
They get a RAM drive.
The PS4 doesn't do any of that at all.

Aug 12, 2008
tyneside
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 6533068]Ive delibraty kept not played a lot of them, fallout 4, doom, dishonured 2, abd finishing quantum break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
i'm with you on this, so many games i've stopped playing just so i can play them on X.

May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="Yungstar 2006, post: 6533077]i'm with you on this, so many games i've stopped playing just so i can play them on X.[/QUOTE]
Same here.