So FFXIII-2 Amazon pre-order bonus for Canadians...

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
Did anyone else pre-order the game, collectors edition or not (I went with the collector's edition) from Amazon.ca and was under the impression you also got the Omega battle DLC to find out that Amazon.ca wasn't participating?

Well I did, and the day I got the game I emailed Amazon.ca customer service asking when I'd get the email with the code. I was met with this reply. For those who don't feel like bothering to click the link, it basically says "we understand your concern, but that's only Amazon.com, call Squeenix if you want to bitch to them.".

After some Googling I discovered that there was no direct mention of it being available for Amazon.ca, and a few threads discussing this around the date of the original press release. I then decided to email Square saying how I was annoyed that I spent so much and felt like I was misled. All of the official press releases do say Amazon.com, but also say North America, not specifying the United States, or specifically exempting Canada. I was given no reply.

Yesterday Amazon emailed me a code for the Omega DLC. What I'm curious is if this happened to anyone else, or did my bitching magically get me what I wanted?

ps: didn't put this in JRPG's because I have no intent on talking about the game. This is purely a customer service thing related to a game.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="squirrelbo1, post: 5769043]moved to jrpg section[/QUOTE]
Did you not read what I posted at the end? This has nothing to do with talking about the game itself, just amazon and square.

Versus

Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2007
Texas
Nah, I ordered through Amazon.com and didn't have an issue. I guess since SE eventually sent you a Omega code they probably realized in the end that they could have done a better job explainning things. They shouldn't discriminate against other countries tho.

Actually it was Amazon that sent u a code, not SE i guess, so maybe amazon can do there own thing.

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
amazon.ca completely and utterly sucks for deals like that.

I have never, ever, gotten any preorder deal or deals in general. It didnt matter if amazon.com had the deal or not, I was out of luck cause they were independent of each other.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Versus, post: 5769151]Nah, I ordered through Amazon.com and didn't have an issue. I guess since SE eventually sent you a Omega code they probably realized in the end that they could have done a better job explainning things. They shouldn't discriminate against other countries tho.

Actually it was Amazon that sent u a code, not SE i guess, so maybe amazon can do there own thing.[/QUOTE]
It was amusing too. I sent a 2nd email to Square probably.. two days before I was given the code from Amazon, basically asking why they haven't bothered to reply for a week. Then about 4 days after Square sends me an email saying "Oh sorry for the late reply, Amazon should have given you the code, maybe you should ask them!". I could only reply with "Yes, Amazon did give me the code. Thanks for replying".

[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 5769239]amazon.ca completely and utterly sucks for deals like that.

I have never, ever, gotten any preorder deal or deals in general. It didnt matter if amazon.com had the deal or not, I was out of luck cause they were independent of each other.[/QUOTE]
I think the only previous issue with Amazon.ca and pre-order bonus was (ironically) the $10 code for Final Fantasy XIII.