So... God of War runs perfectly @60fps... but Sony doesn't want you to

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Without a patch (physical disk with no update) the game runs perfectly smooth @60fps in fidelity mode.

After the patch, Sony locked it down to 30fps. Instead, you're forced to use the visually downgraded "Performance mode" to play @60fps, when the console is perfectly capable of offering both visuals and FPS at the same time (naturally).

All I can think of is that they're planning to sell us a remaster or bundle it with Ragnarok.

This is a anti consumer as it gets.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Did they patched the game now just to prevent Ps5 running at its best? (that would be anti consumer!!) Or did they do that before to prevent Pro from unstable framerates?
Well, this analysis shows it runs flawlessly without patch.
Also, if you look at the comments, there's people saying they've beat the game in this mode, without patch.

Sep 10, 2005
Well, this analysis shows it runs flawlessly without patch.
Also, if you look at the comments, there's people saying they've beat the game in this mode, without patch.
Thats not what i asked....When the devs patched the game is was for a reason.The uneven framerate was not a great experience on Ps4.Similar to what DF were asking for DMC5 to be capped at 60 to make the game smoother.

PS:A friend just got his Ps5....lukcy bastard.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2005
What's the reason then if they're saying it runs perfectly at 60fps on PS5 and people is reporting you can plat it this way.
Again you are saying they are anti consumer because they patched a game ages ago to run properly on Ps4.The game was for Ps4....not ps5.Maybe they will be able to unlock it again for Ps5,but it will need additional work in order not to give problems on Ps4,not sure if they will do that...The same thing is happening for The Last guardian,the 1st version has unlocked frame rates and run perfectly on Ps5.Also a nice lesson for the ones that keep buying digital...

Last edited:

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Again you are saying they are anti consumer because they patched a game ages ago to run properly on Ps4.The game was for Ps4....not ps5.Maybe they will be able to unlock it again for Ps5,but it will need additional work in order not to give problems on Ps4,not sure if they will do that...The same thing is happening for The Last guardian,the 1st version has unlocked frame rates and run perfectly on Ps5.Also a nice lesson for the ones that keep buying digital...
The game was unlocked on PS4 at launch? I didn't know that.

Then the question is why they don't just unlock it for PS5, if the system is perfectly capable of running it at 60fps.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Also anyone that has the disk version
You can't be serious. The relation of digital vs. physical is growing in favor of digital every year, and even if not, you can't defend this because a portion of users will be able to do a walkaround.

How this brand loyalty exists is way beyond me.

Sep 10, 2005
You can't be serious. The relation of digital vs. physical is growing in favor of digital every year, and even if not, you can't defend this because a portion of users will be able to do a walkaround.

How this brand loyalty exists is way beyond me.
That is the loyalty you earn by constandly giving great games to your fanbase.Sony is not Ms thank god for this.....

Sep 10, 2005
Blind loyalty? Never. Not to Sony, MS or anyone. That's just being a fanatic.
What blind loyalty you are talking about?Sony is giving us great games every generation.That's appreciation,and has nothing to do with blind loyalty.If all they gave us is promises,then yeah that's blind loyalty right there.There is no such a thing,as a perfect company,that will make everything the way you want them too.Let alone that we are talking about games,that are still relevant on PS4,if they just uncap the frame rate it will have a negative impact for every Ps4 out there.For sure some extra work is needed,if they do that or not,we will see.Ps5 just got released!

Last edited:

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
At this time it's not a big deal. Like arfi said. Production problems are the main thing plus fixing console issues. We are still living in a pandemic.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Why aren't you guys mad about it? I am. I want to play God of War @60fps, same as TLOU2 😩
Why aren't you xbox fans mad about not having any games during the first 1-2 years? Why aren't you mad that you don't see the performance difference that's on paper for the SX? See, I can stoop down to your level if you want to play it like that. But I don't think you wanna go down that road. This is a minor problem in my book, that some last gen games doesn't run at 60 fps. I don't care to waste too much energy on that. Of course I want them to run at 60 fps and the highest resolution possible, but it's not exactly like I will loose any sleep over it. It's a new generation, new games should be the priority, imo.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Why aren't you xbox fans mad about not having any games during the first 1-2 years?
For a number of reasons. First, there's Game Pass, there was Covid and also because it doesn't make sense to expect AAAs so soon when the new studios have been acquired only in 2018. Still disappointed but I understand this is not in Microsoft's hands.

This is a minor problem in my book, that some last gen games doesn't run at 60 fps. I don't care to waste too much energy on that. Of course I want them to run at 60 fps and the highest resolution possible, but it's not exactly like I will loose any sleep over it. It's a new generation, new games should be the priority, imo.
Fair enough, but I'm pretty annoyed when I add the fact that TLOU2 won't have any improvements as well as Bloodborne and the fact that I will have to pay again for a Spider-Man upgrade + Price rising.

It's a number of things that would make me mad with any company just like I skipped Xbox One for its anti consumer policies. Still, Sony has their exclusives, but they need to be more consumer friendly IMO.

And they must do it when you want right?
Actually, they should've done before launch. The BC efforts MS has put on XSX and ridiculously ahead of what Sony has been showing so far.

Sep 10, 2005
Actually, they should've done before launch. The BC efforts MS has put on XSX and ridiculously ahead of what Sony has been showing so far.
Sony did way more than Ms before launch game wise (covid didnt affect only Ms) Ms gave nothing at all aside from BC....So why should we be mad to Sony over this and give a free pass to Ms.

Sep 10, 2005
Why aren't you xbox fans mad about not having any games during the first 1-2 years? Why aren't you mad that you don't see the performance difference that's on paper for the SX? See, I can stoop down to your level if you want to play it like that. But I don't think you wanna go down that road. This is a minor problem in my book, that some last gen games doesn't run at 60 fps. I don't care to waste too much energy on that. Of course I want them to run at 60 fps and the highest resolution possible, but it's not exactly like I will loose any sleep over it. It's a new generation, new games should be the priority, imo.

Do you even need to ask.when you already know the answer? Nitpicking one for not yet having a patch for an older title,calling them anti consumer lol.While giving a FREE pass and excuses for the one that has no games at all...Ding ding ding!!

Typical "but it's got games" answer that justifies everything else (And ignoring the fact that most MS studios are new aboard)

It's always running in circles with you buddy. Whatever. 👍
Dude we all know you here,so stop it already.

Last edited:

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
For a number of reasons. First, there's Game Pass, there was Covid and also because it doesn't make sense to expect AAAs so soon when the new studios have been acquired only in 2018. Still disappointed but I understand this is not in Microsoft's hands.

Fair enough, but I'm pretty annoyed when I add the fact that TLOU2 won't have any improvements as well as Bloodborne and the fact that I will have to pay again for a Spider-Man upgrade + Price rising.

It's a number of things that would make me mad with any company just like I skipped Xbox One for its anti consumer policies. Still, Sony has their exclusives, but they need to be more consumer friendly IMO.

So you are actually defending MS with Game Pass? For real? It's a new generation and you are defending the platform that doesn't have any exclusive next gen games at launch. Covid is slowing things down for everyone, not just MS, that's a really bad excuse. MS had some studios before they acquired these new studios, didn't they? What are they doing now?

That games like TLoU2 and Bloodborne doesn't have improvements day one is a really minor problem, imo. There might be patches for those games down the line, at least I hope so. But I'm not gonna make a mountain out of a molehill like you do. These are last gen titles and shouldn't be the main focus, imo. Yeah, the Spider-Man upgrade could've been handled better, that one I agree with you on. I rather pay a little bit extra for quality games than paying a subscription fee for mostly just quantity.

I'm not saying that Sony is not doing anything wrong, it's just that I think MS problems are way more serious. For me, the problems on MS side, like no games and promising new stuff over and over again that never show up, is a way bigger issue.

MS have had several generations to perfect their BC solution, Sony has not, that's why MS BC solution is ahead of Sony's. So they should have focused on BC instead of new games like MS, is that what ypu are saying? I sure wouldn't have liked that.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
So you are actually defending MS with Game Pass? For real? It's a new generation and you are defending the platform that doesn't have any exclusive next gen games at launch. Covid is slowing things down for everyone, not just MS, that's a really bad excuse. MS had some studios before they acquired these new studios, didn't they? What are they doing now?
I'm not defending, just understanding. I'd be mad if they didn't have anything in the making, but actually, it looks like MS studios are working on more AAA titles than PS, isn't that correct? They also had Halo but it didn't make the date. It's a shame but it's also a much more ambitious project than a Remake or an "Expansion". I'm ok if they release it a few months after. Again, it's not anything like the XONE times when Xbox lineup did look awful for the future.

That games like TLoU2 and Bloodborne doesn't have improvements day one is a really minor problem, imo. There might be patches for those games down the line, at least I hope so. But I'm not gonna make a mountain out of a molehill like you do. These are last gen titles and shouldn't be the main focus, imo. Yeah, the Spider-Man upgrade could've been handled better, that one I agree with you on. I rather pay a little bit extra for quality games than paying a subscription fee for mostly just quantity.
You prefer paying USD70 for 1 game than USD72 (yes you can) for a year of Game Pass? I don't think there's a way to back this up.

I'm not saying that Sony is not doing anything wrong, it's just that I think MS problems are way more serious. For me, the problems on MS side, like no games and promising new stuff over and over again that never show up, is a way bigger issue.
Ok, you can ignore my previous reponses but I'd like to talk about this.

Please explain me how MS problems are more serious. I'm genuinely interested on that point of view.

Do you even need to ask.when you already know the answer? Nitpicking one for not yet having a patch for an older title,calling them anti consumer lol.While giving a FREE pass and excuses for the one that has no games at all...Ding ding ding!!

Dude we all know you here,so stop it already.
No offense but talking to you has become worthless my time.

Jun 4, 2007
@Libra-75 you would be wasting your time trying to explain to a xbox fanboy about MS's issues.

They don't get the simple logic that no one is saying Sony is perfect but they are keeping gamers happy with games. Gamers are happy to spend on what they think are worthy titles. Nintendo and Sony wouldn't be having the success that they are if there was an issue with games.

MS shit the bed so bad with mediocre to poor exclusives that their sales started to suffer. Xbox gamers weren't happy enough to buy their output of exclusives. They had no choice but to put their titles on PC and a rental service. Gamepass still doesn't fix the issues of mediocre to poor quality exclusives. MS has fallen far from what they used to do during the 360 era. Forza Horzion being the only outlier title from the bunch.

Aqua is just salty that the SX isn't clearly beating the PS5 with multiplats(he said many times that they would at launch). Notice how he avoids those threads. He's extra salty that they don't have any new AAA exclusives for the SX.

Last edited:

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
I'm not defending, just understanding. I'd be mad if they didn't have anything in the making, but actually, it looks like MS studios are working on more AAA titles than PS, isn't that correct? They also had Halo but it didn't make the date. It's a shame but it's also a much more ambitious project than a Remake or an "Expansion". I'm ok if they release it a few months after. Again, it's not anything like the XONE times when Xbox lineup did look awful for the future.

You prefer paying USD70 for 1 game than USD72 (yes you can) for a year of Game Pass? I don't think there's a way to back this up.

Ok, you can ignore my previous reponses but I'd like to talk about this.

Please explain me how MS problems are more serious. I'm genuinely interested on that point of view.
That's the part you seem to have a problem with, understanding. You have definitely used game pass as an excuse to defend MS. So Horizon Forbidden West, the new God of War, Ratchet & Clank and other upcoming games are less ambitious than Halo, is that what you are saying? They might be working on more AAA titles, but as far as we know now, we really don't know if that's the case. We don't know what all the games are that Sony's studios is working on right now either.

Yes, quality over quantity, every day of the week. How hard is it to understand that some people prefer to pay a premium price for a premium product? Most of us only buy a few full price titles a year and buy the rest in sales. I gladly pay full price for games that feels premium and feels like I get good value for my money. With games that doesn't feel worth a premium price I have no problem with waiting until they are available cheaper and/or show up on PS+.

Didn't you read my previous post? Or don't you think that having no launch games and being told to wait for the games over and over again without delivering is a bigger problem than a few BC games not performing better on the new hardware?

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
That's the part you seem to have a problem with, understanding.
Is that so? Let's see about that.

So Horizon Forbidden West, the new God of War, Ratchet & Clank and other upcoming games are less ambitious than Halo, is that what you are saying?
You missed my point.

I'm saying Halo Infinite, which was a launch title and didn't make the date, is a much more ambitious project than Miles Morales or Demon's Souls Remake. So I can't blame Microsoft for trying but not meeting the date, considering the circumstances. I DO know the same applies for Sony titles, but again, those titles were much less complex and also, Sony did have the upper hand in term of studios ALREADY releasing games for a while now. For the launch Window, Microsoft only relied on 343 Industries and not much more.

They might be working on more AAA titles, but as far as we know now, we really don't know if that's the case. We don't know what all the games are that Sony's studios is working on right now either.
Ok, but out of common sense, it would be a bit hard for 13 studios to be working on more AAA projects than 23. Worst case scenario for MS, they're equal... and for what's been reported, the list of studios will keep growing. I'll elaborate later.

Yes, quality over quantity, every day of the week. How hard is it to understand that some people prefer to pay a premium price for a premium product? Most of us only buy a few full price titles a year and buy the rest in sales. I gladly pay full price for games that feels premium and feels like I get good value for my money. With games that doesn't feel worth a premium price I have no problem with waiting until they are available cheaper and/or show up on PS+
That'd only make sense if XGS titles in the making were all about quantity and not quality. For the price of 02 1/2 "Premium" launch PS Games you'd get:

• Halo Infinite
• Avowed
• AAA Game from The Initiative
• Fable
• Hellblade 2
• Gears 6
• State of Decay 2
• Starfield
• Forza
• Everwild
• State of Decay
• Secret RPG from inXile

+ All the Quantity you're talking about. That changes the spectrum quite a lot.

Said this, I have bought a PS5 because I do appreciate the quality of PS Games, but denying the hell of a deal that Game Pass is, and saying that's "just quantity" is a bit too blind in my opinion.

Didn't you read my previous post? Or don't you think that having no launch games and being told to wait for the games over and over again without delivering is a bigger problem than a few BC games not performing better on the new hardware?
It's AAA games we're talking about here my friend, not Pizza. Making those games take years. Using the "waiting over and over again" is just plain ignoring the fact that the Xbox Division has basically reset itself 2 years ago, and unlike before, they have enough reasons now to back up waiting.

What Xbox users are waiting for are the launch of titles that are ALREADY in production, and that's a lot of them. This has never been the case in the history of Xbox, so it makes no sense to compare Xbox One reality (waiting without studios) vs. XSX just to add to your argument. We all know this will not be a generation of waiting. Once the first games get released, Game Pass will be a non stop source of Triple A games over the years.

Will ALL those games keep up with PSS quality? Most likely not, I give you that, but you can't doubt at this point about the quality of developers la Playground, Obsidian, Bethesda, Turn 10 and many others.

Hope I made my point clear enough.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
You missed my point.

I'm saying Halo Infinite, which was a launch title and didn't make the date, is a much more ambitious project than Miles Morales or Demon's Souls Remake. So I can't blame Microsoft for trying but not meeting the date, considering the circumstances. I DO know the same applies for Sony titles, but again, those titles were much less complex and also, Sony did have the upper hand in term of studios ALREADY releasing games for a while now. For the launch Window, Microsoft only relied on 343 Industries and not much more.

Ok, but out of common sense, it would be a bit hard for 13 studios to be working on more AAA projects than 23. Worst case scenario for MS, they're equal... and for what's been reported, the list of studios will keep growing. I'll elaborate later.

That'd only make sense if XGS titles in the making were all about quantity and not quality. For the price of 02 1/2 "Premium" launch PS Games you'd get:

• Halo Infinite
• Avowed
• AAA Game from The Initiative
• Fable
• Hellblade 2
• Gears 6
• State of Decay 2
• Starfield
• Forza
• Everwild
• State of Decay
• Secret RPG from inXile

+ All the Quantity you're talking about. That changes the spectrum quite a lot.

Said this, I have bought a PS5 because I do appreciate the quality of PS Games, but denying the hell of a deal that Game Pass is, and saying that's "just quantity" is a bit too blind in my opinion.

It's AAA games we're talking about here my friend, not Pizza. Making those games take years. Using the "waiting over and over again" is just plain ignoring the fact that the Xbox Division has basically reset itself 2 years ago, and unlike before, they have enough reasons now to back up waiting.

What Xbox users are waiting for are the launch of titles that are ALREADY in production, and that's a lot of them. This has never been the case in the history of Xbox, so it makes no sense to compare Xbox One reality (waiting without studios) vs. XSX just to add to your argument. We all know this will not be a generation of waiting. Once the first games get released, Game Pass will be a non stop source of Triple A games over the years.

Will ALL those games keep up with PSS quality? Most likely not, I give you that, but you can't doubt at this point about the quality of developers la Playground, Obsidian, Bethesda, Turn 10 and many others.

Hope I made my point clear enough.
I might have missed your point, but that was not the point of the whole discussion here. The point of the whole discussion was about you making a few BC games that hasn't had an upgrade into a bigger problem than not having any new games at all at launch. And why are you comparing launch games, that are out there now, with a game that is not a launch game? I compared the other games I mentioned with Halo because none of them is a launch game, they are games coming within a year or so. A few of Sony's studios have just recently released new games for the PS4 so that's not a problem unique to MS at all. I actually didn't think there would be a new God of War this soon for example.

Well, they have a lot to prove right now. If most of those studios manage to make something that is anywhere near AAA quality, then we're talking, I certainly don't deny that. But until they have proven themselves there's no way of knowing if there will be that many high quality games.

I'm not saying that all games on game pass are just quantity, I'm saying that most of them are, I'm sorry for not being perfectly clear. Lets hope for MS sake that most of those games will come through because Sony needs the competition right now. And if MS can have more than one advantage over Sony that would help a lot. But as it looks right now they are running out of advantages, game pass is pretty much the only thing they have that is better than what Sony has at the moment.

I was mainly refering to the XBox One/PS4 gen when talking about the waiting without results. They've had a pretty long stretch of not delivering on promises so far, but that might change with the new studios. But that's what they have to prove now, to regain the trust from all those who jumped ship and switched to another platform (PS, Nintendo).