So... God of War runs perfectly @60fps... but Sony doesn't want you to

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
I'm playing it for the first time, disc version, no update lol. Looks and feels glorious!
GOW is a marvelous game and you're playing it in the best possible way, I'm a bit jealous. :D

Hope they re-patch it to remove the cap. I might even replay it if they do.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
And why are you comparing launch games, that are out there now, with a game that is not a launch game?
Because both were intended to make it at launch. The smaller ones made it, the big one didn't. Said this, I can't imagine if Halo Infinite launched with the plethora of bugs Miles Morales has. I don't recall seeing a bug collection as big as those in Miles Morales, even on Ubisoft games.

A few of Sony's studios have just recently released new games for the PS4 so that's not a problem unique to MS at all. I actually didn't think there would be a new God of War this soon for example.
Not the same at all. Those games only had to suffer Covid in the last breathe of development, and TLOU2 had already suffered 2 delays. Those situations aren't comparable at all.

I actually didn't think there would be a new God of War this soon for example.
I still doubt GOW will make it for 2021. In fact, I hope it doesn't. It feels rushed for such a big game.

Well, they have a lot to prove right now. If most of those studios manage to make something that is anywhere near AAA quality, then we're talking, I certainly don't deny that. But until they have proven themselves there's no way of knowing if there will be that many high quality games.
I agree. Here's only hoping and I think a few of them have a solid background to back this up.

I'm not saying that all games on game pass are just quantity, I'm saying that most of them are, I'm sorry for not being perfectly clear. Lets hope for MS sake that most of those games will come through because Sony needs the competition right now. And if MS can have more than one advantage over Sony that would help a lot. But as it looks right now they are running out of advantages, game pass is pretty much the only thing they have that is better than what Sony has at the moment.
Running out of advantages? How? :/ Game Pass is just the beginning. You will also have xCloud in all major markets very soon and a GP App in TVs. Hardware advantages are starting to show off and it will only get better with time. Online is still (by far) the best experience in the X in both ping and bandwidth and the only gap that needs to be closed is exclusives. I honestly don't know what you're referring to with "running out of advantages".

I was mainly refering to the XBox One/PS4 gen when talking about the waiting without results. They've had a pretty long stretch of not delivering on promises so far,
I agree. That's what I'm saying. It's two totally different realities. Not only you have a much better/gamer oriented board, but also the full support of the corporation, and it shows. It's as if Microsoft was only there in the past to prevent the division to go bankrupt and now it's there to make sure it succeeds. Thanks to Game Pass and all its cloud related fronts, Xbox has became a flagship for MS, not a standalone frigate having its ass kicked and repaired in the headquarters over and over again.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
What ever. We're not going to get anywhere with this discussion. You are not going to listen to anything I have to say and I'm not going to give in when it comes to this subject. I still think that a few BC titles not having a performance boost on the PS5 is minor problem that doesn't need to be in one, out of a long row, of (PS5) negative threads you've created. It's simply not that note worthy in my opinion (like most of the things you've been pushing). You clearly have an agenda against Playstation/Sony, or you are just trolling us. If there's a note worthy issue with the PS5 I'll gladly discuss it, but I'm not gonna waste any more time and energy with this kind of grasping at straws kind of discussions.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
You are not going to listen to anything I have to say
Uhmm... gave you credit for a few points you raised back there.

You clearly have an agenda against Playstation/Sony, or you are just trolling us
I believe the threads about this and other concerns are perfectly valid. The one about PS5 issues is more than that. It's necessary. Also, the positives posts seem to be overlooked. I could tell you about at least 2 guys over here (yes, those cheerleading with likes😂) that only exist on the Xbox forum exclusively to trash talk about the console, and here to praise/defend Sony no matter what.

Anyway, no hard feelings from me and I really hope Sony get's its act together with HW issues and BC.

Last edited:

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
Eh the latest patch was October 2020.
This SHOULD have included updates for PS5.

BUT

The reality is SONY has no such way of updating it, as its simply a PS4 game running in BC mode.

1/ This is what you get when you don't recognize console generations via software

2/ It is what it is.

Sep 10, 2005
What ever. We're not going to get anywhere with this discussion. You are not going to listen to anything I have to say and I'm not going to give in when it comes to this subject. I still think that a few BC titles not having a performance boost on the PS5 is minor problem that doesn't need to be in one, out of a long row, of (PS5) negative threads you've created. It's simply not that note worthy in my opinion (like most of the things you've been pushing). You clearly have an agenda against Playstation/Sony, or you are just trolling us. If there's a note worthy issue with the PS5 I'll gladly discuss it, but I'm not gonna waste any more time and energy with this kind of grasping at straws kind of discussions.
Aquanox was always like that,if you are here long enough,you should know him from the Ps3/360 era.He was the reason i signed up after being a long time lurker,he just trust Ms a bit too much.No hard feelings tho,we've learned to live with his bias all these years lol (and yes sometimes its fan to give him a taste of his own medichine lol)

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2005
Bash and Praise where it's due. The sad thing would be if I refused to buy one out of fanboyism =)

Still can't believe this.

You urgently need a life dude 😂
The praise Its evident in pretty much every post you do.But you see....You really want to play these games ;) And i need to get a life,cause i signed up 15-16 years ago,to talk about the misinformation you were trying to spread in these forums? Like wtf lol

Last edited:

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
But you see....You really want to play these games;)
Haha you see? You keep talking from a Fanboy point of view. You do believe this bothers me somehow. I have absolutely no problem praising Sony's excellent games like God of War, and I've said multiple times I was saving Ghost of Tsushima and TLOU2 for PS5, that's why I want the upgrades so badly. I even convinced my friends to get PS4 Pros when GOW came out. You're clearly the type of guy that spends more time in their imaginary crusade to defend Sony instead of actually playing games.

And i need to get a life,cause i signed up 15-16 years ago
And you haven't changed a bit lol Most people don't care about console wars after certain age. This is just fun for me. Covid restrictions also has a lot to do. I enjoy every great game regardless of the platform. You should try and do the same, it's much more fun.

And i need to get a life
For the looks of it, indeed. Yes.

Sep 10, 2005
Haha you see? You keep talking from a Fanboy point of view. You do believe this bothers me somehow. I have absolutely no problem praising Sony's excellent games like God of War, and I've said multiple times I was saving Ghost of Tsushima and TLOU2 for PS5, that's why I want the upgrades so badly. I even convinced my friends to get PS4 Pros when GOW came out. You're clearly the type of guy that spends more time in their imaginary crusade to defend Sony instead of actually playing games.

And you haven't changed a bit lol Most people don't care about console wars after certain age. This is just fun for me. Covid restrictions also has a lot to do. I enjoy every great game regardless of the platform. You should try and do the same, it's much more fun.

For the looks of it, indeed. Yes.
Defending the system you prefer from "misinformation",doesnt make you a fanboy.Spreading it tho does.Libra already saw where you coming from,people are not fools.(even tho i have to say you are not as bad as you used to..) I'll leave it at that :)

Last edited:

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Should arrive in this order:

1. PS5
2. 3080
3. XSX

My only current platform is my OneX as the PS4 belongs to my son and sold my PS4 Pro to get a PS5.
Sold my 2070 Super to get a 3070... only that I missed the damn card so now I'm securing a 3080 instead, for Late December/Early January.

The one in the Living Room was usually for friends and family but due to the current situation its only being use by daughter lol... So I will upgrade it when ppl can visit home again. Should be cheap as I can sell a One X for around $400 here.