So I Finally Broke! Got an Xbox One S!

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
As the subject says. Lol I've been putting this off for a while but I'm excited. So i got Gears 4, Sunset Overdrive, and the MC Collection. Mynd has graciously offered me the original Gears games. So anyone else got any suggestions or tips for me. Keep in mind I've only played for a short time on the best buy demo kiosk. I'm pretty green to the console. :snicker

Chewbacca

Superior Member
Dec 26, 2015
Pennsylvania
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6523930]As the subject says. Lol I've been putting this off for a while but I'm excited. So i got Gears 4, Sunset Overdrive, and the MC Collection. Mynd has graciously offered me the original Gears games. So anyone else got any suggestions or tips for me. Keep in mind I've only played for a short time on the best buy demo kiosk. I'm pretty green to the console. :snicker[/QUOTE]

How do you like it? Did you get a 1TB or 2TB version? My step dad bought original Xbox back in the day but I didn't get one until about 3 years ago. Then I just picked up the XB1S recently to catch up on some 360 and XB1 games. Exclusives are pretty much all I buy or play on all 3 MS systems. Lethal was nice enough to hook me up with most of the Gears games! :D

Some game suggestions:
Ori and the Blind Forest
Ryse Son of Rome
Rare Replay
Alan Wake (360 bc title)
Halo 5 Guardians

I'd also suggest buying some 4K movies or upgrading your Netflix to play select 4K content (assuming you have a 4K TV). The XB1S is to 4K what PS2 was for DVDs and gaming. :)

I don't play my XB1S nearly as much as PS4 but it's still a great system. I might trade it in once Scorpio comes out but only time will tell.

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Some of my favorite XB1 games are:

Halo 5
Gears 4
Gears Ultimate
Rare Replay
Killer Instinct
Forza Horizon 3
Sunset Overdrive (absolutely love this game!)
ReCore is also a fun game with a low price. You can get it for like $20 right now.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
Thanks for all the suggestions! I haven't received it yet Chewy. Should be here around Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm excited that i can play some of the 360 games i missed out on. I'm looking forward to another run through the Halos!

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
Make sure when you do the Halos Freak to do in the playlists. There's a "complete" playlist that will string the entire 1-4 saga together and that's the one you'll get an achievement for for playing the whole lot start to finish.

My son and I did it together, fantastic bonding time.

Games, well Lethal pretty much summed them up, Ryse is worth it if you can find it for bugger all, its repetitive but pretty.

I'm waiting for Quantum Break to drop in price before I buy it (although it is on sale right now).

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6523961]Yeah i could have gotten that and Halo 5 for 19.99 wroth 20% off. Drug my feet and halo went back up to 39.99.[/QUOTE]

Check this out.

https://majornelson.com/2016/11/18/black-friday-xbox-digital-game-deals-and-more/

Best deal is the Metro/Saints row pack, I have played all these but for anyone out there who hasn't 4 games for US$11 is nuts.

Far Cry Primal isn't a bad deal either, neither is all the Telltale games if you into that sort of thing.

Personally i picked up Wolf New Order (US$8 )

Last edited:

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="coolguy, post: 6523980]Im gonna get a xbox one some day[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been saying. I decided to hold off a year on my tv so o put the money to the Xbox with 0 percent for 6 months. I'm a sucker for interest deals.
Got credit why not use it for fun stuff. Lol

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
I bought an Xbox One hardly used it so I gave it to my Dad and he does not play computer games lol. If I stay over I sometimes have a little play on it.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
I needed a good blu Ray player so figured i would get one that plays 4k for future use and it plays games that i do enjoy and haven't played for quite some time. But the exclusives just aren't there imo. But I've got quite a few to÷keep me busy.

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6523997]I needed a good blu Ray player so figured i would get one that plays 4k for future use and it plays games that i do enjoy and haven't played for quite some time. But the exclusives just aren't there imo. But I've got quite a few to÷keep me busy.[/QUOTE]

It's personal preference at the end of the day.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
The Bone definitely seems like a good console these days, but I don't see myself ever getting one because there's so many games already out for PS4 that I want to play. It's overwhelming. Granted, most of the games I'm referring to are multi-platform, so I'm sure Boners would say the same thing.

It would take a huge system seller that really resonates with me. Gears of War 4 is the closest thing, but it just kind of seems like more of the same with lamer characters.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 6524050]The Bone definitely seems like a good console these days, but I don't see myself ever getting one because there's so many games already out for PS4 that I want to play. It's overwhelming. Granted, most of the games I'm referring to are multi-platform, so I'm sure Boners would say the same thing.

It would take a huge system seller that really resonates with me. Gears of War 4 is the closest thing, but it just kind of seems like more of the same with lamer characters.[/QUOTE]

I fully expected to have one by now, but with all the games coming to PC.....just not much point. Although I'd love to play Sunset Overdrive.

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6524062]I fully expected to have one by now, but with all the games coming to PC.....just not much point. Although I'd love to play Sunset Overdrive.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, scorpio is coming.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="MATRIX 2, post: 6524064]Don't worry, scorpio is coming.[/QUOTE]

That's what made the decision to buy the One S that much easier. Lol. I didn't concern myself with have the most powerful console. I have a PS4 and I'm happy with that. So I decided why not for the 4k player and exclusives. I'm really looking forward to Halo and Gears again though. I can't wait to fend off the Flood again!!! I just hope I don't exhaust the exclusives I want to play too fast.

Side note, I guess I'm going to call Best Buy because the console is still not showing shipped. Ugh!!!

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6524065]That's what made the decision to buy the One S that much easier. Lol. I didn't concern myself with have the most powerful console. I have a PS4 and I'm happy with that. So I decided why not for the 4k player and exclusives. I'm really looking forward to Halo and Gears again though. I can't wait to fend off the Flood again!!! I just hope I don't exhaust the exclusives I want to play too fast.

Side note, I guess I'm going to call Best Buy because the console is still not showing shipped. Ugh!!![/QUOTE]

Going to have to go back to the past to do that.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
Well apparently my order had to be sent to a supervisor since it hasn't shipped. Rep couldn't figure out why it hasn't shipped. Ugh. Said should be by the 6th. Got the day off the next day so that will be good. Hope they bump my shipping up for inconvenience.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6524062]I'd love to play Sunset Overdrive.[/QUOTE]

That's another one I forgot. Insomniac is one of my favorite studios and Sunset Overdrive just looks like one of those games that focuses on pure fun.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="MATRIX 2, post: 6524081]Which is a compilation of previously released halo games.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Going back in the past.

Well my damn system is finally going to ship. Got a tracking number this morning.

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6524092]Yep. Going back in the past.

Well my damn system is finally going to ship. Got a tracking number this morning.[/QUOTE]
Please tell us what you think!