So I got BIOSHOCK today

xXwastedXx

Red Herb Addict
Mar 31, 2008
[QUOTE="HowlBridges, post: 0]and surprisingly the pixelly big daddy is still there

I thought that was just a glitch in the demo....[/quote]

Its gonna get patched. Just play the damn game :)

FailedEXE

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2008
There is a patch already in the works that is going to address that issue. Is the white bars there as well during the underwater aftermath from the plane crash?

Feli

Veteran
Mar 5, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Return it, must be a crappy port.

=\

I sincerely hope a few visible pixels on one Big Daddy on one scene of the game doesn't detract from your opinion of the game. I'm about 4 hours in and loving it. And as mentioned, it's going to get patched. FailedEXE, I didn't notice any white bars in the game, but I didn't notice them in the demo either so take my answer with a grain of salt.

Aug 31, 2008
Don't worry about it. I got the game yesterday. I thought there was already a patch but my internet connection was down and I couldn't download it. I couldn't wait for my connection to recover to begin the game so I dove in. My connection returned today (obviously), so I went to download the patch and discovered it wasn't there yet. Bottom line - It doesn't matter. Great game. I do get a feeling at times much like I got playing Half Life 2 on The Orange Box, and it's the feeling that I'm looking at a slightly outdated engine. Not as obviously outdated as HL2 of course, but still, every once in awhile I just have that thought. No patch will fix that, but I'm well past the offending Big Daddy and I can say it's one of the coolest games ever. Not perfect, but very cool.

Oct 23, 2008
I got the demo about 2 days ago, and I purchased the game yesterday. I have yet to play it yet though *check out the COD4 Killed my PS3 thread for details*. Keep me updated

Apr 25, 2007
Eugene, OR
this game is great, i played i when i had a 360 (was the only game i thought was really worth getting a 360 for, Geow wasn't bad either, not enough to keep it though) but anyway since these little issues are being patched i would definitely recommend it to anyone

Stoffinator

Power Member
May 23, 2005
Toronto
www.youtube.com
OMG! You are F'ing telling me they did not fix that? My god the game is useless now, I am so F'ing pissed!! How am I going to play a game when the top of some dead guys head is pixelated? This is a outrage!!

Jul 13, 2007
i had the game for 360 and it was one of the best games last year. i rented in from gamefly, should be getting it tomorrow. it really was a great game. and it got trophies. woohooooo.

ozzyzak

Apprentice
Nov 10, 2007
[QUOTE="Stoffinator, post: 0]OMG! You are F'ing telling me they did not fix that? My god the game is useless now, I am so F'ing pissed!! How am I going to play a game when the top of some dead guys head is pixelated? This is a outrage!![/quote]

I lol'd. You also get bonus points for not indicating your sarcasm, which would have blown the laugh for me entirely.

A7

Supreme Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I can't believe you guys are surprised, who did not know these faults were making their way to the retail game? Wasn't it enough 2K told everyone they were disappointed in it themselves? Well they did say they'll patch it, you'd think after 14-15 months the retail would have been patched though.

Jul 19, 2008
I'm pretty picky when it comes to graphics and i have not noticed anything bad about this game? i guess i'm to distracted by the sheer awesomenicity of the game and the fact that the pixelated image happens to be trying to kill me, and is quite successful at that!!!

Jun 29, 2008
[QUOTE="Stoffinator, post: 0]OMG! You are F'ing telling me they did not fix that? My god the game is useless now, I am so F'ing pissed!! How am I going to play a game when the top of some dead guys head is pixelated? This is a outrage!![/quote]

Haha, nice one. I agree, is it THAT big of a deal? They said they would patch it for you picky types, and that is what they are doing. Just be glad that they have actually FOCUSED on us PS3 players and are giving us equal love in gaming.

L

Lunar_Chaos

[QUOTE="HowlBridges, post: 0]port

even the booklet is the size of the 360's

I couldnt fit it in my bluray case -_-

marvelous game though =D[/quote]

What are you talking about... ? :confused:

blazenigma

Superior Member
Nov 28, 2007
is this patch gonna fix all of the textures in the game?

good thing i bought dead space for my survival horror fix.....for now

Sep 29, 2008

LOL!!! that was great man. Clearly the people complaining about Bioshock's graphics on PS3 don't remember how the multiplatform games looked when the PS3 launched, progress has been made.

F

FinalReaper

I don't see why people are so bothered about something so small...

"would you kindly" just continue the game without paying so much attention to detail.

You won't "get" the above sentence... not yet anyways.

Enthroll

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2008
Tuscany
[QUOTE="HowlBridges, post: 0]and surprisingly the pixelly big daddy is still there[/quote]

this is a good reason for you to shoot the evil-pixelated big daddy.

enjoy the game mate and splash his pixelated-***. how can he be so indecent?
seriously now, try not to mind that. it will get fixed anyway.

wyeth124

Superior Member
Sep 11, 2007
[QUOTE="FinalReaper, post: 0]I don't see why people are so bothered about something so small...

"would you kindly" just continue the game without paying so much attention to detail.

You won't "get" the above sentence... not yet anyways.[/quote]

Lol, I rented the game 2 days ago and just got to this part.

I don´t know how the graphics fared in 360, but my first impression was that it could be better.

Still, an awesome game, never thought I could have this much fun with a FPS.

XSI_Guru

Apprentice
Sep 30, 2007
One or two texture mistakes and all of a sudden everyone puts down an amazing game :pale

"Would you kingly" LOL, i just got up to that part a few minutes ago, great twist.

B

Booneabal

I think that people have really forgotten what PS2 games look like.
To have this quality and detail of art design, at this framerate, with these visual effects is really a beautiful thing.
I ain't complaining. No-suh.

Masked Maniac

Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2008
I was loving this game, until I found out dying has no consequences, and now it is just pretty easy. I also got dead space yesterday and Far Cry 2 today, and they blow this away, so I will come back to it later on.

jtk1977

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2008
I know I might get called crazy, but I actually stopped playing Dead Space and Silent Hill (which both are awesome games) for Bioshock. I am not far into it but it already feels like a masterpiece of a game that I won't stop playing until the end (I only tried the 360 version once and I am farther in the game now than I was then).

About the patch, I am 99.9% sure it hasn't been released yet. I believe the date for that is either today or tomorrow but I don't have a source handy so don't take my word for it. I'll have to do some research.

On a side note, if they never released a patch I'd still say the game is great. I think it is a extra bonus that 2K is going to fix some of these minor graphical issues.

Jul 1, 2008
wow you people dont get it

I'm not complaining about the damn game
I was just surprised to see that in the full game

I really couldnt care less if they create a patch or not

a patch just for 1 tiny anomaly?