So I picked up TR for PS4: My first TR game since Tomb Raider 2!

Jun 25, 2013
Just got back from GS and picked up Tomb Raider for PS4. Never thought I revisit this franchise after falling out of love with it way back on the original Playstation but here I am. Impressions later tomorrow for those interested. I really wanted to pick this up for my XBOX ONE, if only to justify my purchase of it, but apparently it only runs at 30fps on the One so PS4 it is. I've heard that if you like the Uncharted series that you'll go nuts for Tomb Raider so hopefully that's true.

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
Haven't played it but disappointed it has no dinosaurs.
Dinosaurs made the franchise (for me at least)

My first encounter with a T-Rex was legendary.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 6289970]Haven't played it but disappointed it has no dinosaurs.
Dinosaurs made the franchise (for me at least)

My first encounter with a T-Rex was legendary.[/QUOTE]

Could be in the sequel? But then again, this reboot is more on the realistic side.

Serinous

Elite Sage
Feb 18, 2008
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 6289989]Could be in the sequel? But then again, this reboot is more on the realistic side.[/QUOTE]

I really like the new Lara Croft as well as this new direction. works really well IMO

Jun 25, 2013
All I can say is wow. As much as I like the Uncharted series, I think I like this better. I literally couldn't put it down last night, and for almost 7 hours myself and my woman were glued to the TV. The graphics are great, the frame rate is locked at 60fps I'd say 98% of the time too. Maybe in some cut scenes it dips, but during gameplay? I didn't notice it. I'm over half way done according to my save file and if that's the case this game is pretty long and that's a good thing. I'm loving this. Definitely not the Tomb Raider I started playing way back when.

ManaBurnX

Shogun of the Ban Thread
Apr 6, 2008
I'm loving it as well. I think I'll actually go back to get all the things I missed after I finish the game. You just can't beat headshots with Arrows.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Jun 25, 2013
[QUOTE="ManaBurnX, post: 6290444]I'm loving it as well. I think I'll actually go back to get all the things I missed after I finish the game. You just can't beat headshots with Arrows.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

That's all I do is head shot enemies with the bow lol. It's hilarious and effective. Love the various types of arrows too.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
I have not played a Tomb Raider since TR2 as none of the others really appealed to me, but this looked good on the PS3 so really glad they released it on the PS4 as I never got to play it on the previous system! It's not out until the 31st over here though so have a little while longer to wait till I get my hands on a copy :dejection:

atrin1

Apprentice
Mar 6, 2013
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6289982]My local Gamestops must be the only ones in the entire country that dont have this game in stock yet.[/QUOTE]

where in texas are you?

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
I wanted to play this up on PS3 but always had something else to play so never got round to it (even owned it) and ended up selling it prior to PS4 release. Read nothing but good things about it so far and it seems to get recommended if you have or haven't played it on PS3. Reckon I'll be picking this up, thanks for your thoughts :)