SO, I'm selling my Vita =(

Mar 15, 2013
20XX
So today I went into EB Games (The Canadian 'GameStop') and asked how much I'd get if I traded in my 3g/WiFi PlayStation Vita - 140$. Not bad considering I got mine for 200$. Now, I will re-buy one when the price drops, more games are available and the white one is more available (Yes I am a console color nazi, hehe.) Also going to trade in 2 games so I can get a headset for my PS3.

Anyone else have thoughts of selling their Vitas? Even just for the time being? Don't get me wrong, I love my Vita, but there are almost no games out right now and the price point is a little steep ($250? I can get a PS3 for $50 more, or a Wii U for $100 more) Anyways, that's just my two cents. What do you guys thinks?

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I dont get it, you have a Vita.. and you plan to sell it for a headset due to lack of games.. but your going to rebuy one later if (Who says they will go that low in a few years) the price drops? Why not keep it and buy a headset, and save time and money?

EDIT: Will note the only part that doesnt make sense is the whole rebuy it later thing. If you didnt like the vita and had no plans to buy another I think you'd be making a good call.

Last edited:

Mo-green28

Superior Member
Jul 24, 2007
Rochester,New York
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 6052613]I dont get it, you have a Vita.. and you plan to sell it for a headset due to lack of games.. but your going to rebuy one later if (Who says they will go that low in a few years) the price drops? Why not keep it and buy a headset, and save time and money?[/QUOTE]

I agree completely with this. Even if the color really matters to you, in this economy this idea of yours seems like a waste of money both colors of Vita will do the same thing lol. You already bought it I say keep it, then when the games start to come you'll already have one.

P.S I had a launch 3g Vita that was stolen while I was in college dorms =( smh.(Can't have anything these days) I plan on buying a new one, I heard if they have 2 sku's for PS4 the higher price one may include a Vita, so i'm actually hoping for that. If not I'll probably get another Vita in the summer.

Last edited:

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
God, no. Never. =/

When I was younger, I sold my Game Boy Advance SP, some games for it (Metroid Fusion, Dragon Warrior I & II, Dragon Warrior III, Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age) as well as some PS2 games.

I will never make that mistake again. I'm not playing any new games on the PS Vita right now but I can certainly wait. Save your money.

Last edited:

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Don't sell it, as other have said it's a real waste of money. Be a lil patient. :) I mean...dat PS4 integration! Play your PS4 games on Vita!

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Wouldn't be without mine to be honest.
I don't really get the no games statements that people make unless if there is only certain types of genres they like. There's also some crackers on the store that are dirt cheap.

Also with the remote play feature announcement that every title will be playable with PS4 I really can't see the cost dropping much more if at all.

100+ titles coming this year alone (personally can not wait for Killzone) I thought if anything, now is the time to own a Vita for those who have been on the fence from that start.

Or, do people say the Vita has no games because they expect every title to be AAA?

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
I say keep it, you only ever get robbed selling things second hand because the price never reaches close to the cost even if you bought it at a steal.
Save a little and buy a cheapo headset, you don't need an expensive one at all.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I use my Vita every single night. Never once thought of selling it. Earning trophies on the go and on the shitter was one of my lifes goals.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
100+ games coming + ps4 is coming too bro :) This year is the worst to sell a vita :)
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 6052900]I use my Vita every single night. Never once thought of selling it. Earning trophies on the go and on the shitter was one of my lifes goals.[/QUOTE]
I thought your avatars are your life goals :)

gusgus

Superior Member
Dec 20, 2007
Unless you need the money, I wouldn't sell it. Especially if you're just going to end up buying it again. Just think, how long would it take you to save $140? Even if it's like 3 weeks.. it's not like any new Wii U games are going to come out then..

Mar 5, 2012
I bought one launch week from ebgames had it until august last year, traded it for a iPhone4s. Don't get me wrong I had fun and even bought uncharted and MK for it and played the shit out of those games, but I was mad that sony essentially sold me a lie, I shouldve researched more because I was under the assumption that the Vita would remote play ALL PS3 games, even saw sony officials say this and anoounce it, First thing i did was remote play and Clicked Modern Warfare 3 and when it said "Content cannot be played" I wanted to just return it. I guess they decided to pull it last minute, but the thing that pissed me off that they literally just disabled it because people with hacked ps3's were running Battlefield 3 on their Vita's, now sonys saying it will remote play all ps4 games.... just redic. anyway its an amazing piece of technology with Dual Touchscreens & Camera's there is alot of untapped potential, Hopefully in time some good games will come out, I probably will buy one again in the future.

Last edited:

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
Never once thought about selling mine. Apart from shitty remote play and not being able to play PS2 classics (lolol), it's everything I expected it to be tbh. With the amount of indie support it is now getting and apparently AC3: Lib and Ragnarok both being profitable ventures for their respective companies I expect the platform to get stronger and stronger - similar to the PS3 lifecycle. Not expecting that kind of software support and hardware sales at all, but you get what I mean!

I am with TDBank though, there is literally too many games across PS3, 360 and Vita lol. I could easily live without mine as there's so many other avenues to play great games - but after owning one, I wouldn't want to

Mar 15, 2013
20XX
I have a thing for white consoles, I want a white Vita. Which I will be buying.

Anyways, for those who've been saying 'if you didn't like it, why re-buy it?' I DID like it, that's why I will re-buy it. Money's just tight right now and I wanted a headset..

And to who said, 'Who cares about color?' I DO. I hate the typical black that PlayStation gives us. I waited 'til a white one was released in N.A. The black game consoles are just dust magnets, and I hate that.

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
Fair enough. The White Vita is fricking amazing so I go for it. The red-y one they released alongside Soul Sacrifice is the best looking one so far imo

coolguy

Ultimate Veteran
May 24, 2005
long island ny
Thats dumb selling it then rebuying it.anyways i sent my vita back becuae the sony store screwed me on the deal.its cool but i wont rebuy it iam just sticking with ps3 and ps4.

Jan 17, 2007
Canada, Toronto
www.youtube.com
I never sell anything if I buy them. I will never sell my VITA as I have lots of games on it to play and Iam a collector which like to have stuff. I would say you. You have made a mistake don't get me wrong and there was no need to sell your VITA.

RobinNL

Apprentice
Feb 17, 2007
Research points out Vita owners play on average over 15 hours on their device per week. It's a pretty comfortable device, despite some criticism over plastic fantastic and lack of games.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="coolguy, post: 6056130]Thats dumb selling it then rebuying it.anyways i sent my vita back becuae the sony store screwed me on the deal.its cool but i wont rebuy it iam just sticking with ps3 and ps4.[/QUOTE]

I sold my black one just to go out and buy the white one. :)

PSTrey

Apprentice
Aug 22, 2009
I'm about to send back my Vita :sad:. It's still under Amazon's 30 day return policy. I don't really want to, but this is my second unit. It's an awesome handheld.

The first one was defective. It was crashing and started acting crazy (the standby mode sometimes would flicker off and on constantly and I couldn't turn the Vita off. Had to let the battery die just to get it off), so I sent it back for a replacement.

The one I'm about to send back now works perfect, but it has those jet black lines/jet black spots all over the screen. In fact, I used to only be able to notice them during loading black screens while playing in the dark (like Uncharted Golden Abyss), but I started noticing 1 of the jet black lines started appearing while playing in a lit area during gameplay on greyish black/black areas of games.

At first, I wasn't going to send it back cause I heard the black lines/black spots were normal (OLED mura and playing in the dark). But then I started seeing that one jet black line during gameplay.

I contacted Sony about it and the guy said it was normal to have black spots/black lines cause of the screen technology, and he basically said if it becomes bothersome during gameplay I am under a 1 year warranty. Well it was/is kind of annoying (and expensive) to have such a pretty screen but see that 1 line appear during gameplay, so now I'm just gonna send this second unit back and wait a little while to get another one.

Still gonna keep the accessories I bought for it and the game cause I for sure am getting another one at a later date. Hopefully before PS4 launch cause that's one of the reasons why I bought one in the first place, the PS4/Vita connectivity. Depends on a price drop.

Hoping they can release a new model that reduces the OLED mura some. My screen has it really bad. At least I got to beat Uncharted Golden Abyss. Good game.

Last edited:

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
yeah fair enough. I only ever notice the blotches on mine when I game in low light and when there is something black on the screen - like a loading screen or similar. Yours sounds pretty bad so I understand

PSTrey

Apprentice
Aug 22, 2009
[QUOTE="Nitey, post: 6060379]yeah fair enough. I only ever notice the blotches on mine when I game in low light and when there is something black on the screen - like a loading screen or similar. Yours sounds pretty bad so I understand[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was. Wish I could have gotten a pic of it, but I currently don't own a camera.

It sucks too cause other than the bad mura effect, the system worked perfect. No crashes or weird acting behavior like my last unit.

I sent it back yesterday. Already missing it really bad :(. I know I will probably get real tempted over the next few months to purchase another one.

Last edited: