So what's happened with Agent?

Cyn

Veteran
Feb 19, 2008
Remember that game announced in 2009? It sounded so cool but 3 years later we still haven't seen anything of it at all. I guess I was half expecting to see it this E3 even if it wasn't in Sony's conference.

And Jack Tretton said last year he didn't even know if it's still a PS3 exclusive, which is just bizarre.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
It disappeared didn't it?

Who knows. Might come out as multiplatform next year or as a next gen release title. It should come out though eventually.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
They might have shifted development to the PlayStation 4. Either that or it's never coming out. Personally, I'd stick with the latter. I mean, if Jack Tretton, of all people, doesn't know what's going on with the game then what's the point?

There were some reports earlier in the year talking about how Rockstar North was seeking environmental artists for work on a next-gen title, although it was edited afterwards. For all we know, they've been busy developing Grand Theft Auto V which likely isn't coming out until early next year.

Last edited:

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007
Rockstar really do need to shift focus to this title for the ps4 after GTA5 comes out. They owe Sony fans after promising this title.

Jun 5, 2012
Its going to come out. Look at Max Payne and it's development hell. Or how long it was between Revolver and Redemption. They just take their time. :) until then, we have Borderlands, Max Payne and Bioshock. :)

PS3!!!!!

Dedicated Member
Jan 16, 2006
Rockstar has always been tight lipped about their games. At the very least I thought a trailer would have been shown. Still following it.. but the trail is cold, colder than..[mother joke here].

I gotta say that Im still enjoying the replay value of Max Payne so not all bad news from them

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="Blacksite, post: 5841512]They might have shifted development to the PlayStation 4. Either that or it's never coming out. Personally, I'd stick with the latter. I mean, if Jack Tretton, of all people, doesn't know what's going on with the game then what's the point?

There were some reports earlier in the year talking about how Rockstar North was seeking environmental artists for work on a next-gen title, although it was edited afterwards. For all we know, they've been busy developing Grand Theft Auto V which likely isn't coming out until early next year.[/QUOTE]

People are talking about playstation 4 like it's coming out in the next couple of years. You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves. We are less than 6 years into the ps3 life cycle and they have been saying 10 year life span all along. My guess is ps4 wont be arriving until 2015 at the earliest. I don't want another new system for a few years at least. There are only a very small handful of companies who can push the ps3 to it's limits anyway.

TEJ2025

Superior Member
Dec 16, 2010
[QUOTE="billm0066, post: 5842094]People are talking about playstation 4 like it's coming out in the next couple of years. You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves. We are less than 6 years into the ps3 life cycle and they have been saying 10 year life span all along. My guess is ps4 wont be arriving until 2015 at the earliest. I don't want another new system for a few years at least. There are only a very small handful of companies who can push the ps3 to it's limits anyway.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 will have a 10-year lifespan. It's just that the last 2-3+ years will be along side the PS4. Just like the last 2-3 years of the PS2's lifespan was along the PS3.

Apr 25, 2012
I'll never understand this stuff. Don't these companies have contracts with release dates and that sort of thing? Seems like they just work on stuff when they feel like it, and drop it if they don't.

Wrath

Master Guru
Oct 18, 2006
Germany
[QUOTE="TEJ2025, post: 5842115]The PS3 will have a 10-year lifespan. It's just that the last 2-3+ years will be along side the PS4. Just like the last 2-3 years of the PS2's lifespan was along the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Finally someone with a brain!