Socom CURRENT owners Post-Patch Poll

Y

youbetcha1018

Yes, but the disconnection is very minimal. I believe that there's nothing to worry much.:)

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
The only problems I've been running into are the spectator glitch and some lag. No freezing or disconnects.

The spectator glitch isn't a huge problem, but the teleportation lag is. A lot of times I have a hard time hitting the enemy because of their teleportation abilities.

That's my only complaint though. Hopefully /6 can improve that somehow.

Dispatch

Apprentice
Oct 20, 2006
No disconnects here but the slight lag is pretty annoying. It's not bad like, but it's like a quick freeze and unfreeze. I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Feb 27, 2008
Shoot, I got disconnected just now. The tech issues are MUCH LESS, but still here. They game is hella-playable, period. It's now easily the most underrated game in the PS3 library. There's hate and ignorance against it, and kids (stupidly) live by reviews. So fans of SOCOM:C that wanna be proud of what Slant 6 did achieve? Just accept that it and move on. You see how full those rooms get? All those guys know what the score is just like you do.

Sep 7, 2007
It's been running very smooth for me since the patch, the only thing that seems to be an issue is it forgets my Mercenaries camo. But that's not a big deal, not like the white helmet sticks out....that much....I suppose.

But the major problems do seem to be taken care of which is nice to see.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="iToke, post: 0]It's been running very smooth for me since the patch, the only thing that seems to be an issue is it forgets my Mercenaries camo. But that's not a big deal, not like the white helmet sticks out....that much....I suppose.

But the major problems do seem to be taken care of which is nice to see.[/quote]

So you haven't been experiencing any lag? Am I the only one who has trouble hitting enemies because they teleport all over the place?

That's my only issue at this point.

imaROBOT_

PEACE.LOVE.UNITY.RESPECT.
Mar 28, 2007
The new patch fixed alot of the server side issues and thank god the scope bug. I haven't really been disconnected a lot since the release though.

plustheharm

Master Guru
Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 0]So you haven't been experiencing any lag? Am I the only one who has trouble hitting enemies because they teleport all over the place?

That's my only issue at this point.[/quote]

No man, nothing like that.
One thing, or two, I've noticed is it still occasionally forgets my Mercenaries camo and sometimes when quitting out of the game to the XMB it goes through a forced restart. It doesn't happen all the time and it's not like I'm trying to quit from within a live game or something, so not sure what the deal with that is. As said it doesn't happen all the time so I'm not hatin, either way the patch seems to have helped tremendously.

Spider

Elite Sage
Jul 16, 2008
none...
i heard with the Trophies patch
they will fix all the community issues...
and then this game will be perfect :D
its great..
havent played it too much though
due to LBP and Fallout 3

Feb 2, 2006
i just picked the game up today.. Loved the beta.. New to socom to.. cant wait to play it.. But i wont get to play until late tomm night.. Too many good football games on right now.. Georgia and florida game now.. Go gators.. than texas and texas tech.. Than the nfl baby..

TOM2x

Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2007
The only strange thing I still see is the animation glitch which makes your arm look like it over the gun barrel and not holding it on the bottom like it should. KInda funny, but doesn't affect gameplay at all.
But so far post patch, all's well.