Solid Co-op games

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Alright all, curious to see what you can come up with that you think are absolute gorgeous (online!) co-op games to play! Been looking for quite a while with a friend for a game to play together - not an MP game! So actual MP we don't count. Just (online) co-op.

So far, we've played.. (MP included)
[ Green- We loved it ]
[ Red - We didn't like it ]
[ White - Enjoyed but nothing more ]

Borderlands 2
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel [It felt ridiculously slow compared to Borderlands 2 and just boring]
Dead Island Epidemic
Destiny 2
Diablo 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Factorio
Grand Theft Auto V [There were a lot of annoyances (continuous spawnkilling) and it's just boring]
Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [It's boring, shit and looks like a potato could run it]

Portal 2
Rocket League
Sniper Elite 2
Sniper Elite 3
Sniper Elite 4
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

We're mainly looking for a game that isn't a standard shooter to play - something more diversive.

We're considering Divinity: Original Sin 2 as it sounds interesting to both of us;
My friend hasn't played it yet, I couldn't really get into the first one [tried playing it with Varsh] though I've heard the second one was easier to get into!

Last edited:

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
We're mainly looking for a game that isn't a standard shooter to play - something more diversive.
We're looking for something else than shooters. There's enough shooters left and right but it's a cheaper solution to go for one of those. We only are interested in 1 shooter right now and that is Battalion 1944.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
It's local co-op. Didn't know if it was relevant, but suggested it anyway :)
Ahh well he's from the UK and I'm from Belgium so local co-op is a bit of a pain in the arse :p
And I know he's not up for Cuphead most likely anyways, not his CUP OF TEA.
1513906353114.png

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
Sven Co-op
http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/225840/

Been out for ages and is totally free and can play with as many people as you want, also should run on low end hardware.

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: 2 GHz dual core processor
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 128MB video card with pixel shaders and great OpenGL 2.1 support
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 4 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Dual-core processor will improve performance of the sound and particle modules.

Last edited:

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Nah we're not interested in Warframe. We looked into that before, just not to our interest.
I'm all out of games that i can think of, but was curios Wax. Most people who are into Borderlands and Diablo 3 typically like Warframe, was wondering what about it turned you guys off?

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
I tried it out myself quite a while ago and really couldn't get into it, so I just didn't bother with it anymore. My friend just generally isn't interested in it so we don't really see the need to try it anyways..

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
I tried it out myself quite a while ago and really couldn't get into it, so I just didn't bother with it anymore. My friend just generally isn't interested in it so we don't really see the need to try it anyways..
That's fair enough, as i recall, Warframe's learning curve was more akin to placing you on a sheer cliff face and asking you to free climb to the top... not the best.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
It's just kind of annoying how there's not many PROPER co-op games out there to be fair.. I would love to see more of that pop up. And with proper co-op, I mean games where you actually have to work together to get through it. A lot of co-op games are just "harder" when playing with more people, but you can still kind of get through them alone (speaking out of experience) and for me that kind of sucks, with my friend's agreements.
We're very intrigued for instance on A Way Out, which seems to be a solid co-op game! Would love to see something alike that more.