Sony Booth Tour

fooster

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2005
www.epc-clan.net
Here is a link to the sony booth tour:
http://insider.ign.com/videos/articles/707/707090p1.html (Only accesible via ign insider.

However I will explain what is showed in the video.

Permitting if there is demand, I will post screenshots if allowed by the moderators.

PS3 sku's -
From what I saw in the video's view of the ps3 sku, I can confirm the following)

Back -
1 Hdmi (Previously rumored)
1 network rj-45 gigabit port (Previously rumored)
1 optical out (Already confirmed)
1 A/V multi-out (Already confirmed)

Front -
4 usb ports (Previously rumored)

However I did notice that there appeared to be a hard disk led and a wi-fi/bluetooth led on the front next to the 4 usb ports.

Also what was interesting, Sony still decided to show a playstation 3 console in a silver and white form factor.

But what was interesting to me, was that the playstation logo appeared to be set in a way that if the ps3 were set vertically it would be viewed vertically (black sku), rather on the silver one it was set to be viewed horizontally.

Games -
- MGS4
- Madden 07 (Was shown at the ps2 booth)
- Yakuza (Shown at the ps2 booth)
- FF 12 (Shown at the ps2 booth)
- God of War II (Could not see the console)
- Guitar Hero II (Believed to be ps2)
- Justice League Heroes
- Heavenly Sword (Graphics were well done, Believed to be on ps3)
- Resistantnce Fall of Man (I think that's the name, thats what it appeared to be) (Ps3 booth)
- Gundam (Ps3 booth)
- Grand Turismo (Ps3 booth) Shown in 1920 x 1080p

That's all I have for now. I'll keep updating as more tours come out.

wonders1982

Master Poster
Nov 20, 2005
is there any non-subscription sites showing video's of the sony booth? i'd love to see what's going on there and how it's all layed out! :)

May 25, 2005
But what was interesting to me, was that the playstation logo appeared to be set in a way that if the ps3 were set vertically it would be viewed vertically (black sku), rather on the silver one it was set to be viewed horizontally.
Yeah, you can change the Playstation Logo's direction depending on which way you set your PS3... nothing new there.

But thanks, i'm sure we'll find a way to download this video. I gotta see the premium PS3 in 3d.

fooster

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2005
www.epc-clan.net
sevendesigns said:
Yeah, you can change the Playstation Logo's direction depending on which way you set your PS3... nothing new there.

But thanks, i'm sure we'll find a way to download this video. I gotta see the premium PS3 in 3d.
You sure about that? I think my ps2 has it locked into the cd drive.

wonders1982

Master Poster
Nov 20, 2005
fooster said:
sevendesigns said:

You sure about that? I think my ps2 has it locked into the cd drive.
well, i can change mine to which position i have my ps2. don't know why it would be stuck in one position on yours.

themann4200

Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2005
www.pbase.com
i don't see how it could be rotated. if you had the text go one way it'd be going across a round surface, and the otherway around a flat surface

edit: nevermind! ur talking about the logo

FmanFORPS3

Forum Elder
Aug 2, 2004
Nice picture. I wish there was a clear picture of the back of the controller though, to see whether there are only 4 LED lights, or seven (to indicate the player number)

EDIT: G4 is doing a tour right NOW...

FmanFORPS3

Forum Elder
Aug 2, 2004
Yes, I've seen that picture, but I want to see a picture of the controller from the showcase, to find out whether all the controllers have the numbers 1 – 4, or is there another controller with the numbers 5 - 7.

I guess I'm just in denial right now :wink:

Thanks anyways :)

FmanFORPS3

Forum Elder
Aug 2, 2004
sevendesigns said:
The PS3 still allows up to 7 players. That hasn't changed.
Yes, that part of the specs hasn't changed, but then I wonder, why does the controller have only 4 numbers on the back? Which brings me back to the request I made earlier (about a clear picture of the entire back of the controller...)

fooster

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2005
www.epc-clan.net
FmanFORPS3 said:
sevendesigns said:
The PS3 still allows up to 7 players. That hasn't changed.
Yes, that part of the specs hasn't changed, but then I wonder, why does the controller have only 4 numbers on the back? Which brings me back to the request I made earlier (about a clear picture of the entire back of the controller...)
the numbers of 1-4 are probably for what usb port you are plugged into so you can tell what player you are via usb.

I'm sure sony will have some other means of telling us what player we are on the controller if we are hooked up via bluetooth.

May 15, 2004
Rumors have been circulating for some time about the possibility of a game-to-film adaptation featuring the Uncharted universe. With news of Sony scoping out potential directors and producers, it seems more and more likely that Nathan Drake will soon make an appearance on the silver screen.

The Los Angeles Times reported that the studio has met with David O. Russell, director of Three Kings, Spanking the Monkey, and the upcoming drama flick The Fighter. However, Russell is but one of Sony’s prospective directors. They emphasized that “it’s at the meeting stage, and not close to the deal-making one.”

In an act of foolish confidence, Sony is shooting for a release date of summer 2011. Need they be reminded that video game films don’t have the greatest track record? Taking a little extra time to break the mold with a quality film is perfectly fine with us.

The_Only

Forum Sage
Feb 9, 2004
www.rebelreading.tk
I'll do this now.

Sorry you have to wait Bryan, but unfortunately Adam is the only U.S. editor on PSU now so if he's not working then your articles won't be able to go live until I get to them.