Sony buys Insomniac Games. Welcome home.

Jun 4, 2007
because why not? Fuse flopped(multiplat title). Sunset Overdrive flopped and MS slammed the door on a sequel.

I know they have their hands on the PS5 dev kits. I can't wait for a new Ratchet and Clank and Spider-Man 2. Hopefully they get back to Resistance too. Insomniac had 2 studios prior to this buyout. Hopefully they expand both.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
Fuse was pretty good I thought. Sunset Overdrive as well, it was my reason for getting Xbox One fairly early. They are a talented studio so this is good for Sony.

I am really hoping they bring back Resistance. I have very good memories of the first one.

May 20, 2008
Fuse was pretty good I thought. Sunset Overdrive as well, it was my reason for getting Xbox One fairly early. They are a talented studio so this is good for Sony.

I am really hoping they bring back Resistance. I have very good memories of the first one.
Fuse was ok to me and Sunset Overdrive was fun, and the game didn't flop as stated above. It sold just over a million and was released when the Xbox one was only out one year.

As for the Insomniac purchase , this was a smart move. I'm surprised it took so long because as you stated, they are a talented studio.

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018

I would love for them to return to Resistance. I loved Resistance 1-3. I didn't play any of the spin offs though.

Fuse was ok to me and Sunset Overdrive was fun, and the game didn't flop as stated above. It sold just over a million and was released when the Xbox one was only out one year.

As for the Insomniac purchase , this was a smart move. I'm surprised it took so long because as you stated, they are a talented studio.
Yeah, Sunset didn't flop. Sold a little over a million and is a new IP. The game itself scored an 81 at metacritic. Not far off from their 87 Spider-man and the 83 rated Resistance 3. I haven't finished it, but I have some solid play time in it. Sadly I have horrible attention span. New game comes out, and I am like....ooooh pretty....and I am out.

Jun 4, 2007
A title that doesn't flop will get a sequel. That's just plain commonsense. Phil turned down Sunset Overdrive 2 while the xbox one desperately needs quality exclusives. Fans were even asking for it. Phil always says they're listening. He just told you guys to go fuck yourself without saying it.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
A title that doesn't flop will get a sequel. That's just plain commonsense.
Phil turned down Sunset Overdrive 2 while the xbox one desperately needs quality exclusives. .
It may be common sense to you but its not true in all cases. If it was , we would have sequels for :
Brothers in Arms
Half Life
NFL 2K5
Drive Club
Bully
Heavy Rain
I can name plenty more too. Not saying sales and metacritic aren't good but :
Some developers like to do projects and move on to the next-
Sometimes games sell well and still dont meet publishers expectations-

Phil turned down Sunset Overdrive 2 while the xbox one desperately needs quality exclusives. Fans were even asking for it. Phil always says they're listening. He just told you guys to go fuck yourself without saying it.
Yep , i used to like playing Socom but got similar treatment from sony. I just moved on. Thats life. At the end of the day these corporations are gonna do what they want so i dont let it get to me.

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
If we do get Resistance 4 I hope they spend some time doing a multiplayer. So much potential with the PS5 and PS Pro.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Resistance 1 I loved for the second one I didn't like a lot of the changes but enjoyed the multiplayer. 3 I also liked so I wouldn't mind a remaster. Loved the weapon wheel which a lot of shooters then didn't get instead of wielding 2 guns.
First Resistance I had so much fun with.

Im interested on what Insomniac are going to do next hoping that it will be a new IP to be honest :) . But yeah it's a easy choice and makes sense for Sony to buy them.