Sony could be working on a Wild West game for PS VR

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Sony may be chiselling away on a Wild West-themed title for PlayStation VR, according to concept art posted by freelance concept designer, Ioan Dumitrescu.

Three images of the unnamed title have shown up on his Artstation page, which were actually posted about a year ago. However, it’s only now that the artwork has come to light among the gaming community.

Check out a shot below.

No details on the mystery project are available, and there’s a chance that it may have been cancelled. On the flip side, Sony could still be keeping the project close to its chest for now, and we may get a reveal at a later date.

Interestingly, it’s worth noting that Dumitrescu has also worked on the VR Luge title, so he’s had experience with virtual reality concepts in the past.

Stay tuned to PSU for more details.
Source

Definitely seems like it would appeal to the hardcore crowd of gamers looking to invest in Sony's VR headset, much like The London Heist.

Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
While I'm getting VR worlds, London heist is a very small game. it will take more than that to draw the "hardcore" crowd. Eve Valkyrie and MAYBE Rigs will be better for that. I say maybe, because it depends on how well Rigs plays.

As for this, I don't know. We'll see. Are Sony going to do a Vive style teleportation movement, or will they make Move 2.0 controllers with analogue sticks? I really wish they did the latter. If you don't have a VR treadmill, both are really kind of needed to make proper games in VR.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
"Time Crisis" Wild West. Not a revolutionary idea, but there's a lot of incentive to revisit old concepts. Particularly because being immeresed in these worlds feels so awesome.

My only caviat being that games don't look as good as 360 degrees photos or video. Those actually nearly makes you feel like you're there!

Last edited: