Sony exec teases PS4 announcement for May/June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Sony Home Entertainment vice president Hiroshi Sakamoto has teased a PlayStation 4 announcement for May or June this year.

Asked by Chile news site El Mercurio On-Line at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas whether the PlayStation manufacturer is planning a new console announcement this year, Sakamoto said:

“That’s still a big secret, but our friends at Sony Playstation are getting ready. For now, I can only say that we’re focused in the gaming event E3, scheduled for June.

“This announcement can be by then, or even before then, in May.”

Asked if it would be a “major announcement” or “complementary” one, Sakamoto responded: “Probably the first. On that date, we expect to deliver great news, but we must wait until May, at least.”

Thanks, NeoGAF.
via Gematsu.

Silvy

Master Guru
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
*Enters typical pic of a cum everywhere* *Followed by a typical comment about doing that* :snicker
I'm ready for this year. I wish i had the money to actually go to the convention. :(

Jan 31, 2007
Northern Ireland
[QUOTE="Silver_Knight, post: 5985583]*Enters typical pic of a cum everywhere* *Followed by a typical comment about doing that* :snicker
I'm ready for this year. I wish i had the money to actually go to the convention. :([/QUOTE]

After speaking to journalists over the years I've concluded that E3 isn't all its cracked up to be. Standing in lines for hours to play a game for 5 minutes and the best things are usually the conferences which are streamed online anyway. Most of them envy the public who can just sit at home in comfort and stream it all.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5985596]After speaking to journalists over the years I've concluded that E3 isn't all its cracked up to be. Standing in lines for hours to play a game for 5 minutes and the best things are usually the conferences which are streamed online anyway. Most of them envy the public who can just sit at home in comfort and stream it all.[/QUOTE]
I love E3. Mainly because of what you said about getting to stream these events online and how there's usually a big thread someone's created before it even goes live that's constantly being updated.

Silvy

Master Guru
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5985596]After speaking to journalists over the years I've concluded that E3 isn't all its cracked up to be. Standing in lines for hours to play a game for 5 minutes and the best things are usually the conferences which are streamed online anyway. Most of them envy the public who can just sit at home in comfort and stream it all.[/QUOTE]

From that stand point i imagine it would suck. I would just want to see them reveal a console.
It sounds like going to a carnival on a busy day. :(

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5985721]I'll be happy with with tech demos tbh..actual games would be icing on the cake.

I just can't wait to see SE's first game with the Luminous Engine.[/QUOTE]

Announced E3 2014
Released 2020

Jan 31, 2007
Northern Ireland
[QUOTE="HellsJester, post: 5985737]Announced E3 2014
Released 2020[/QUOTE]

I don't know, something tells me SE will be on top of their game again next gen. They've already been working on the new engine for a LONG time..whereas they didn't start XIII's engine til around the time of the PS3's announcement.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
About time. This generation of console gaming has gone long enough. Lets hope that they've learned their past mistakes and become something that is developer friendly and cost effective.

Silvy

Master Guru
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5985744]I don't know, something tells me SE will be on top of their game again next gen. They've already been working on the new engine for a LONG time..whereas they didn't start XIII's engine til around the time of the PS3's announcement.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts. I believe Quantic dreams, Naughty Dog, and Square are going to do awesome for next gen. Not that the first two are doing bad or anything.

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5985744]I don't know, something tells me SE will be on top of their game again next gen. They've already been working on the new engine for a LONG time..whereas they didn't start XIII's engine til around the time of the PS3's announcement.[/QUOTE] It was just a joke. Every new gen i give all developers and publishers a clean slate to work with and if they disappoint me again its back to the shit list.

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
Aint been on the forum in a couple days and I miss this jizz worthy news :lol:

Nah but this is very exciting. We all know it exists but nothing quote like a next gen anticipation hype

Oct 18, 2006
Here is what they will be announcing!

TROLOLOLOL!!! Although it would be funny is they used this design for the PS4/Orbis...

Status
Not open for further replies.