Sony Gift: Free PS3 With Every Full-HD Bravia(Austraila only)

the jackle.2

Dedicated Member
Oct 31, 2006
Sony Gift: Free PS3 With Every Full-HD Bravia
By Sarah Falson | Wednesday | 19/12/2007

Sony is spruiking PlayStation 3 consoles with every Bravia full-HD 1080 LCD TV model bought between 21 December and 28 January, as part of a marketing campaign to encourage users to make the switch to HD.
The offer applies to current XBR, X and W series Bravia models, with a 40GB PS3 thrown in for added support – the PS3's Blu-ray Disc player works seamlessly with the full-HD panels.
"Our Full HD BRAVIA range shows the phenomenal detail possible with high definition, and what better way to experience this than through the Blu-ray-enabled PS3," said Sony Australia senior product manager, Graham Keogh.
"Sony is as much about content as we are about hardware. Now, consumers will get the best of both worlds with this Full High Definition combination."
Following their Bravia full-HD purchase, consumers should visit www.sony.com.au/bonu sPS3 to register their purchase for redemption
that is some serious offere,lucky for our mates from down under

A

Applefiend

I've seen that deal in New Zealand too, personally I'd rather have $799 off the price of the TV, already got a PS3 thanks.

A7

Supreme Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Well I wouldn't mind a second PS3 :)

I was thinking only yesterday "it'd be good if Sony threw us in a free HDTV like they did with the Japanese 2006 PS3 launch" I guess my thoughts were cross wired as people buy the HDTV and get a free PS3! Wish I could currently afford a 46" XBR4 @ 4,300AUD I think I'll wait some more lol.

oneJ

Superior Member
Aug 25, 2006
[QUOTE="Applefiend, post: 0]I've seen that deal in New Zealand too, personally I'd rather have $799 off the price of the TV, already got a PS3 thanks.[/QUOTE]

when you know the right people you can have both a price cut and a free ps3.

i will be taking the price down considerably for a friend who wants to buy a new sony x series. more than the cost of a PS3

he already has a ps3 so he said hell give it to me. looks like ill have a ps3 for the main room now.

oneJ

Superior Member
Aug 25, 2006
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 0]I don't like SONY and their 'gifts', SONY still ows us $100 for the digital video recorder we bought. I hope when you buy the HD-TV you get the PS3 on the spot, because SONY isn't good at sending stuff.[/QUOTE]

did you read the fine print on that redemption offer? it states that it will take some time

you wont get the ps3 on the spot

A7

Supreme Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
[QUOTE="BubbaHotepUK, post: 0]Lucky antipodeans.

Could an Aussie please translate 'spruiking' into English please?[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge it means to speak in public... Something a showman/salesman would do, it's Aussie slang and a word I do not hear all that much.

Sep 10, 2007
That is really cool for you guys. I hope lots of you folks take advantage.

I'm suprised the profanity filters let "spruiking" though.....

Jabjabs

Elite Guru
May 10, 2006
www.superderp.com
[QUOTE="BubbaHotepUK, post: 0]Lucky antipodeans.

Could an Aussie please translate 'spruiking' into English please?[/quote]

Its a term that generally means to sell something like a sales man at length. You know those people outside of shops on microphones with a speaker and people shouting at a fruit market, they are Spruikers since they will go into detail on selling a product to people.

EDIt - Here is a thing from a comedy show down here (Chasers war on everything) that shows it off perfectly in a much more understandable way - http://youtube.com/watch?v=dti4lvKLr4c

BubbaHotepUK

Superior Member
Apr 11, 2007
[QUOTE="Jabjabs, post: 0]Its a term that generally means to sell something like a sales man at length. You know those people outside of shops on microphones with a speaker and people shouting at a fruit market, they are Spruikers since they will go into detail on selling a product to people.[/quote]

Thanks for that, not heard it anywhere else :)

noraa

Superior Member
Feb 5, 2007
Australia
*sigh* i bought a bravia and a ps3 seperatly and all i got from my bravia was a hdmi cable but i guess i dont mind cause this was a year ago and i dont kno wat the hell i would have doing with out it

tuaamin13

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2007
You know, I think they're offering that here stateside, or maybe I just saw the article about the AU promo? Anyhow, I most definitely know Sony US is offering $100 for your old TV, when you go ahead and buy a new hotness from them.

tuaamin13

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2007
[QUOTE="Black F 0 X, post: 0]SHOOT man i live in the usa i woulda gotten this[/quote]

Who says you can't have multiple TVs and multiple PS3s?

Oh wait, your wife, and maybe your wallet.

PsychoBadBoy

Dedicated Member
Oct 8, 2007
I saw an ad on TV maybe about an hour ago (I forgot what store and what you had to buy...probably some kind of HDTV) where they were giving away free PS3s with some purchase. I don't know if it's nationwide or local (Southern Cali area). I'll keep a look out for it...I suggest others here in the U.S. do the same so you can post it if I don't see it again.

SteelSamurai

Superior Member
Dec 18, 2007
I've seen this as well, and thought it was awesome (even though we could never afford one of those T.V.'s :DD) I told my (slightly paranoid) friend about this, and he said they just add the price of the PS3 to the total. Reckon he's right?

Minnzy

Super Elite
Sep 8, 2006
A second PS3 doesn't sound too bad if it means getting a decent TV... How much are lungs going for on the black market these days?