Sony prepares closed-doors industry event ahead of PS4 reveal

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
Sony Computer Entertainment America is sending out invites to selected industry partners for a closed-doors event in February.
'Destination PlayStation' is an annual conference hosted by PlayStation's US arm for third-party publishers and a number of retailers. In an invite notice, the two-day event is said to provide a "first look at amazing new releases from SCEA". "Third-party publishers will be on-hand to discuss their plans for 2013," Sony added.
Set just a few weeks before the annual E3 showcase - where Sony is reportedly set to reveal its PlayStation 4 system - the Destination PlayStation event could provide some initial details for industry partners on the next-gen console.
Sony needs industry relationships to be as strong as ever as it prepares to launch a new system.
While the event will primarily focus on PS3 and Vita titles, the PlayStation 4 is likely to be discussed either formally or informally. It is rumoured, though not confirmed, that Microsoft may reveal its next generation Xbox before E3 - a strategy it adopted with the Xbox 360.
Sony recently turned heads after winning a patent that would eliminate pre-owned games sales on next-gen systems.
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-ps4-reveal/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
Well..i`ve got my popcorn...let the games begin!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
[QUOTE="three3-times, post: 5980933]hmmmm, will we see it this year?[/QUOTE]

Maybe Japan and the rest in march 2014?

I have a feeling one of the next gen consoles will be released for us this year.

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007

I think so...the announcement that is..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

rycexboi

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2005
cgi.ebay.com

It's very possible, If they announce it in Feb with the rest announcing in e3 I don't see why its not possible for this years release

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I don't think it'd be a stretch to expect both Sony and Microsoft to unveil their next-gen consoles at E3.

robvandam111

Master Poster
Mar 11, 2010
Miami, Fl
[QUOTE="claud3, post: 5981337]well i hope it is the PS4 because i wonder if a leak, a real leak will happen :cupcake:[/QUOTE]

I definitely see this happening at a point. I'm wondering what went on in there.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
I think we will not get the PS4 globally until say March 2014. I think it will come out in Japan around November of this year though. Just a guess. But I have been saying for the past few years that the PS4 will release in 2013. So I may be semi right. Just didn't factor it being in Japan. Only time will tell.

Nov 23, 2005
[QUOTE="claud3, post: 5981337]well i hope it is the PS4 because i wonder if a leak, a real leak will happen :cupcake:[/QUOTE]

If it is the PS4, a real "leak" WILL happen ;)

Jun 4, 2007
Sony needs to focus on getting this out in NA first. Level some of the ground with Call of Duty and Microsoft's biggest market.

Japan is going to eat up the ps4 over the 720 for certain and EU will more than likely run with the ps4 over the 720(ps3 launched over a year late there and has more sales than the 360).

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 5984794]Sony needs to focus on getting this out in NA first. Level some of the ground with Call of Duty and Microsoft's biggest market. Japan is going to eat up the ps4 over the 720 for certain and EU will more than likely run with the ps4 over the 720(ps3 launched over a year late there and has more sales than the 360).[/QUOTE] Agreed. Sony should do a hard launch in the US first. EU and Japan will jump all over PS4 over 720 so no sweat there.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 5984794]Sony needs to focus on getting this out in NA first. Level some of the ground with Call of Duty and Microsoft's biggest market.

Japan is going to eat up the ps4 over the 720 for certain and EU will more than likely run with the ps4 over the 720(ps3 launched over a year late there and has more sales than the 360).[/QUOTE]

You are definitely right here. If Sony was smart they would try to get the leg up in US this time around. They suffered because of the 360 beating them to the punch last time. They still need to focus on the rest of the world but they need to have a strong outing in the US this time to get back to the PS2 type years. The rest of the world should eat up the PS4 regardless.

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
That's what I think too Blacksite. Like Two4DaMoney says though, launching in the US would probably be better

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="Nitey, post: 5985086]That's what I think too Blacksite. Like Two4DaMoney says though, launching in the US would probably be better[/QUOTE]
Well, if you look at the PS3's launch, it was the PAL region that suffered a long delay. There's only a 5-day difference between the US and Japan. I think most people would argue that it was the PS3's initial high cost and lack of marketing (especially in the states) that affected its performance.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2013
[QUOTE="snooper71, post: 5984761]If it is the PS4, a real "leak" WILL happen ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know this quote is two weeks old but I want to address it somewhat anyway.

I think that they will release the PS4 in November. Their is no real reason for them to hold off any longer. The faster they release their Consoles the sooner they make millions of dollars. This is just my own opinion but to the issues of "leaks"...I don't have any proof but I think some are intentionally released by the companies. I know it's unlikely but look at all leaks. Whether it is about Consoles, games, features, dates overall across the industry there's hundreds. I'm sure a good number of people want to release it to the press but that many people won't want to lose their jobs after breaking NDA's. Leaks, whether intentional or not builds hype and possible sales. Profit is something the developers want. The more hype the better for them.

Nov 23, 2005
[QUOTE="Jakeles, post: 5997823]Yes, I know this quote is two weeks old but I want to address it somewhat anyway.

I think that they will release the PS4 in November. Their is no real reason for them to hold off any longer. The faster they release their Consoles the sooner they make millions of dollars. This is just my own opinion but to the issues of "leaks"...I don't have any proof but I think some are intentionally released by the companies. I know it's unlikely but look at all leaks. Whether it is about Consoles, games, features, dates overall across the industry there's hundreds. I'm sure a good number of people want to release it to the press but that many people won't want to lose their jobs after breaking NDA's. Leaks, whether intentional or not builds hype and possible sales. Profit is something the developers want. The more hype the better for them.[/QUOTE]

I also believe some of those "leaks" are part of viral marketing somehow. To either create hype, or to slow down Wii-U sales somehow