Sony QA process holds back PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds PS4 release

StevenW

General Manager
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Heard many developers speak about this over the years. The QA process is apparently exhausting for PS4, requiring an initial solid submission. It puts developers off releasing games in early access, hence the PUBG PS4 release date delay. Mind you, even with that QA process, how some games have made it onto PS4 I'll never know.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Didn't that trash Andoird game, where you play as a tiger, make it onto the PS store? :ROFLMAO:

Would like to know what the specifics are to be able to enter your game into cert., or pass cert., as the case may be.

That being said, this game is going to perform basically the same as the XB1 version regardless of the strictness of the process.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Bullshit.
First of all;
Sony's QA is still shite. They got ARK on the store so fuck'm.
Second of all;
PUBG is genuine trash; it runs and looks worse than a potato. PS genuinely is not missing anything.

I'd really like to take a look at what constitutes quality in these Sony rule books. Consistency seems ...inconsistent.

While shite like Life of Black Tiger and Planet 2000 did end up on the store, they and others like it vanished just as quick. I do wonder if there's a loophole for being on the store temporarily that cirmcumvents the QA process.

Doesn't really explain how ARK, 7 Days to Die, or APB Reloaded got on the Store and stayed there though. Again, I'm guessing there's loopholes and workarounds that allow for it. PUBG I'm guessing does not have the ability to get through said loopholes or the devs aren't aware of them.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
Why the hell is this the only game I've been hearing about for the last 6 months but have heard nothing about it in the months leading up. I swear gaming sites are being paid to market it. Lol

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
Second of all;
PUBG is genuine trash; it runs and looks worse than a potato. PS genuinely is not missing anything.
Surely potatoes are good for consoles? After all don't they make chips?

Doesn't really explain how ARK, 7 Days to Die, or APB Reloaded got on the Store and stayed there though. Again, I'm guessing there's loopholes and workarounds that allow for it. PUBG I'm guessing does not have the ability to get through said loopholes or the devs aren't aware of them.
Shit games are one thing (not a QA issue), but poor quality games (unable to matchmake, terrible framerate, crashing, etc) is something else. Have to wonder if Sony's (or MS's) QA is so good how games like BF4 released when they did!

Surely potatoes are good for consoles? After all don't they make chips?

Shit games are one thing (not a QA issue), but poor quality games (unable to matchmake, terrible framerate, crashing, etc) is something else. Have to wonder if Sony's (or MS's) QA is so good how games like BF4 released when they did!
To be honest, I think it's all decided by a dice roll.

adzzz man

Forum Elder
Apr 16, 2008
I think Sony did the right move with this one. I mean if the Xbox one x which is way more powerful is playing this game at 10 FPS or less sometimes lol then the PS4 would struggle just as much so I think it’s good to just wait but tbh with all the exclusives out In 2018. It won’t be missed ?