Sony urges more JapanStudio production for PS3

SolidGreg

Superior Member
Sep 5, 2007
I hope they can make japanese game flavour as good as ScEA (Resistance, Uncharted, R&C, inFamous...) and SCEE (LBP, MotorStorm WipeOut...)

So far I think SCEJ's game for PS3 are Hot Shot Golf 5, Siren (PSN/PS3) and that's all.

And they help Level-5 with WKC and Games Republic with Genji and Folklore.

Sep 7, 2008
They put some good stuff on the psn, like Siren, The Last Guy, Echochrome, and Trash Panic, but it would be nice to see a bigger title come from them.

edit: Forgot about The Last Guardian. That I am indeed looking forward to.

A

alanshearer

[QUOTE="SolidGreg, post: 0]I hope they can make japanese game flavour as good as ScEA (Resistance, Uncharted, R&C, inFamous...) and SCEE (LBP, MotorStorm WipeOut...)

So far I think SCEJ's game for PS3 are Hot Shot Golf 5, Siren (PSN/PS3) and that's all.

And they help Level-5 with WKC and Games Republic with Genji and Folklore.[/quote]WKC, Genji, Folklore, Hotshots golf 5, Demons souls, Afrika etc are all 2nd party games. Also aquanaughts holiday and others have been released by SCEJ 1st party, games very centred at the Japan market. And dont forget Gran Turismo 5 and the Last Guardian. All in all i think SCEJ are producing more than SCEE and SCEA.

Jan 13, 2006
United States
I guess mobile gaming is the big thing in Japan and that is where SonyJ was putting its manpower.

Shame really, you can't get big time games on a portable device in my opinion. At least to me portable doesn't compare to console.

Devil

Master Poster
May 16, 2009
England
If Japan did start developing games I probably wouldn't buy them. I'm not really a fan of Japanese games, only the games what studios from UK and US make, ect.

geostar

Super Elite
Nov 24, 2008
Well that's a good thing and I hope they realize that many people outside of Japan would buy these games and are in-fact looking for more Japanese support on the PS3.

kuku

Veteran
Oct 19, 2006
Well the other studios are averaging more then SCEJ. But WKC and Demon Souls, etc did do very well. Though they are 2nd party.

1st party have been pretty silent. Far too silent except GT5 and recently Last Guardian.

People have been getting amped up on another possible WildArms or some other.

Nakatomi Uk

Master Poster
Feb 4, 2008
Uk
Folklore 2 please and can we have voices in the speaking scenes as well the 1st one was a rather good game I liked it in fact I'm getting it back to finish it off as I'm still on Chapter 3.

Indigo Virus

Superior Member
Feb 2, 2009
Berkshire UK
I'm glad Sony is pulling it's thumb out with this.I really dont see whats so special about the PSP I cant hold it properly to play certian games and I had to buy one of those adapters just to try and enjoy God Of War.Now my PSP has custom firmware to play Megadrive,Snes games as to be honest nothing interests me on the platform.The movies on the go is nice for train journeys though

mickyt888888

Dedicated Member
Jul 4, 2008
If people think sony having not a single jrpg on the ps3 is not a weakness your a joke.

I have lacked in my favorite Genre for over a year.

Everyone thinks new games would be Demons Souls and Folklore lmao is that the best you can actually suggest??? there 2nd party

Sony had a ton of great jprg's on the psone and ps2.

Legend Of dragoon 2
Wild arms
Legaia 3

or **** don't want ****ty Folklore

Dec 20, 2006
[QUOTE="kuku, post: 0]Well the other studios are averaging more then SCEJ. But WKC and Demon Souls, etc did do very well. Though they are 2nd party.

1st party have been pretty silent. Far too silent except GT5 and recently Last Guardian.

People have been getting amped up on another possible WildArms or some other.[/quote]

Wild Arms is nice but I feel a Zelda esque game would be a more welcomed product than a new Wild Arms, i.e. a new Dark Cloud or even a new Alundra.

May 20, 2007
I do think Demon Souls will get a sequel because the first one broke expectations in both Japan and US. The first shipment ran out very fast in both territories.

I do very much hope for a Legend of Dragoon 2.