SOTW #146 & Entry!

Vengeful_Blur

DEAD SILENCE
Jan 8, 2010
Headphones

SOTW # 146 & Entry

Alright, time for another sexy signature competition!

Theme:
One's own unique take on a piece of real life art.

Rules:
-Ripping = Death

-Vertical and collab sigs are allowed

-Size restrictions: max --> 500 x 200

-Post sigs in thread

Prize:
2,000 sp along with possible +rep *

you have 2 days to claim your prize. :snicker

Deadline:
Next Thursday, 11th of August

Also, post up your theme request for next week otherwise we'll go with one of my crappy ideas....like fruits or literature.

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
I must really try this one! We can do fruits. :snicker

Umm ok ideas: Ultimate fight match ups? Such as Batman vs Superman? Muhammad Ali vs Bruce Lee? Or do something big like planets crashing into each other. What would Pluto look like crashing into Mars? Show us! Or briefly show the climax and/or significant point of a book. Such as right before Rorschach dies in Watchmen, right before Oedipus gouges his own eyes out. Or in East of Eden show just before Charles tries to kill his brother Adam with an axe. Just some ideas, there are millions of books to choose from.

Vengeful_Blur

DEAD SILENCE
Jan 8, 2010
Headphones
[QUOTE="x6Teen, post: 0]eh .. what's the theme? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I thin Pod and Spy meant to manipulate, alter, add your magic to famous art, paintings, sculptures...buildings? spy and Pod need to clear this up :lol:

[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 5626275]I must really try this one! We can do fruits. :snicker

Umm ok ideas: Ultimate fight match ups? Such as Batman vs Superman? Muhammad Ali vs Bruce Lee? Or do something big like planets crashing into each other. What would Pluto look like crashing into Mars? Show us! Or briefly show the climax and/or significant point of a book. Such as right before Rorschach dies in Watchmen, right before Oedipus gouges his own eyes out. Or in East of Eden show just before Charles tries to kill his brother Adam with an axe. Just some ideas, there are millions of books to choose from.[/QUOTE]

Crap! plan back fired :snicker

I like your ideas. We can do books, for example Dr. Seuss, Harry Potter, S. King but I dunno... you guys choose. =)

Vengeful_Blur

DEAD SILENCE
Jan 8, 2010
Headphones
[/URL]Really? I'm just ecstatic and deeply honored to take the DS reigns....I promise I will do my best to

RULE WITH AN IRON FIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE="SnowHawk, post: 5626294]I don't understand the theme
Something like this. Just take a famous piece of art and photoshop rape it. =)

(I'm still debating between these two)

Edit: ...the hell? they look the same :lol:

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
[QUOTE="Vengeful_Blur, post: 5626319](I'm still debating between these two)

Edit: ...the hell? they look the same :lol:[/QUOTE]

No they don't. The lighter one looks better in my opinion.

spyrde

Master Guru
Feb 18, 2009
Finland
[QUOTE="kwesnoth, post: 5627350]I'm having trouble with this theme. :lol:[/QUOTE]

You don't know any paintings, sculptures or famous photographs?

spyrde

Master Guru
Feb 18, 2009
Finland
[QUOTE="kwesnoth, post: 5627362]No, I do. Just not sure what to do with em. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Just smudge the shiz out of them or rape them with C4Ds :lol:

spyrde

Master Guru
Feb 18, 2009
Finland
[QUOTE="ps3isawesome, post: 5627385]You might have over done the smudge spyrde :lol:[/QUOTE]

I used none in my entry! My signature is a whole other thing....:D

btbam

Super Elite
Jan 28, 2011
The Moor
[QUOTE="FonFahbre, post: 5627698]This is real art!. :snicker

[/QUOTE]

this is is right here. Awesome entry!!!

And my idea for the next SOTW: Future Technology. What will we have 50 years from now.

Last edited:

Vengeful_Blur

DEAD SILENCE
Jan 8, 2010
Headphones
[QUOTE="btbam, post: 5627733]this is is right here. Awesome entry!!!

And my idea for the next SOTW: Future Technology. What will we have 50 years from now.[/QUOTE]

I'm liking your theme request...if we go with yours I already know what I'm gonna make. =)

joeold

Elite Member
May 16, 2007
Roseville, Ca
I like the idea of making a signature of how I view art. Unfortunately, I won't be entering this one due to too many things happening (typically happens to me, :'( ). I do, however, feel that future tech would make a good signature idea. May I also suggest we try and get the ball rolling on some that emphasize the elements of design? I think it would be cool if you spread them out: Like every other week have a sig that uses emphasis, another week that has texture, scale, rhythm, movement, pattern, balance, type, repetition, proximity, you kind of get the idea. I think it will help not only us out but others in seeing other's take on that subject matter.

Jan 8, 2010
Headphones
[QUOTE="joeold, post: 5628189]I like the idea of making a signature of how I view art. Unfortunately, I won't be entering this one due to too many things happening (typically happens to me, :'( ). I do, however, feel that future tech would make a good signature idea. May I also suggest we try and get the ball rolling on some that emphasize the elements of design? I think it would be cool if you spread them out: Like every other week have a sig that uses emphasis, another week that has texture, scale, rhythm, movement, pattern, balance, type, repetition, proximity, you kind of get the idea. I think it will help not only us out but others in seeing other's take on that subject matter.[/QUOTE]

Great ideas! Those should test our creative approach.

[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 5628518]Yes it does look like shit. I'm sorry.

This is what it was.

[/QUOTE]

Do you have any idea what you just created? =)

Jan 8, 2010
Headphones
Na-ah, my friend you just created art. It's innovation, Pod man. =)

Ok, tomorrow will be judgment day. Enter your your sig if you haven't already. Tomorrow.....when the clock strickes 12:01 PM, be ready