SOTW #148 Theme and Entry

Jan 8, 2010
Headphones

Time for another life changing experience....the SOTW!

Theme:
SOTW Banner

Rules:
No ripping

No vertical sigs....only horizontal.

Maximum size: 500 x 200

Post banner in thread

Deadline:
This Friday, 26th of August

Don't forget to suggest a theme for next week, please and thank you.

Jan 8, 2010
Headphones
:O You don't look very happy.

Edit: I knew I was forgetting something. I just noticed I didn't add the prize!!!! lolololol

Prize is 5,000 sp and rep. My bad

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2010
Headphones
Yeah, I thought the same thing but the thing is that I didn't get a clear theme from you guys. (Fon - Universe, Spy - Justin vs Rebecca, x6Teen - Banner, joeold - Patterns) See? I didn't get a clear answer so I planned on going with video game classics since it's not a very hard theme but x6 re enforced banners so I decided to go with that. =)

I just want to please everybody but it's very hard when we don't communicate properly. *sad face* I'll change the theme but I want to hear from everybody.

p.s. where's the spy man and C-c? .....and Fon? you guys get in here.

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
Ahh forget about it, I'll do this one. ;)

But next theme, please make it something more vague...like videogames of 2011 or something.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
[QUOTE="btbam, post: 5640649]Hey! Lets do future technology for the next SOTW :snicker[/QUOTE]This. :snicker

I had a good excuse last time and that's because PSU was ridiculously slow. The pages weren't loading for me. :sad:

Jun 17, 2010
Woof!
[QUOTE="FonFahbre, post: 5640676]Off with his head! D:

Here is my entry. I tried something different.
[/QUOTE]

Don't wanna sound mean or anything, but I'd hate to see this every week. It's bright... hurts my eyes.

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
[QUOTE="FinalReaper, post: 5641003]Don't wanna sound mean or anything, but I'd hate to see this every week. It's bright... hurts my eyes.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

You're hardly here every week. I almost never see you on the forums anymore? Besides, when was the last time you even participated in a SOTW?

Jun 17, 2010
Woof!
[QUOTE="kwesnoth, post: 5641058]:lol:

You're hardly here every week. I almost never see you on the forums anymore? Besides, when was the last time you even participated in a SOTW?[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with anything?

Looking at peoples work before voting starts against the rules or something?

Your PS skills have come a loong way.

Last edited:

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
[QUOTE="FinalReaper, post: 5641077]What does that have to do with anything?

Looking at peoples work before voting starts against the rules or something?

Your PS skills have come a loong way.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, seems odd for someone that is not a participant in the SOTW to complain about something that would only be seen by said people as its in the first thread, and not the voting thread.

Its not against the rules unless its a annoyomous SOTW.

And thank you, that means something to me coming from you. :)

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
[QUOTE="FinalReaper, post: 5641003]Don't wanna sound mean or anything, but I'd hate to see this every week. It's bright... hurts my eyes.[/QUOTE]Really?. I was planning on changing it to this because it wasn't bright enough!. :snicker

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
Ehhh I throw in whatever here...

Also for the next SOTW lets do some mix and matching. Mix things you like together in to one sig. Could be games, music, movies but try to stick to games since that's the kind of site this is. For example take Solid Snakes head, cut that out put in on a jedi (or sith) body while welding a light saber. All of that whilst battling zombies! There three things: Metal Gear Solid, Star Wars, Left 4 Dead. Make it smooth but show us your copy paste skillz!

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 5642723]Also for the next SOTW lets do some mix and matching. Mix things you like together in to one sig. Could be games, music, movies but try to stick to games since that's the kind of site this is. For example take Solid Snakes head, cut that out put in on a jedi (or sith) body while welding a light saber. All of that whilst battling zombies! There three things: Metal Gear Solid, Star Wars, Left 4 Dead. Make it smooth but show us your copy paste skillz![/QUOTE]That's an excellent idea!. I vote on this.

Oh and whats been happening to the GFX crew lately?.

Jan 8, 2010
Headphones
[QUOTE="FonFahbre, post: 5642728]That's an excellent idea!. I vote on this.

Oh and whats been happening to the GFX crew lately?.[/QUOTE]

What's on your mind, Fonfahbre man? Haven't seen C-c in a while and Spy man is at school me think.

Jan 8, 2010
Headphones
[QUOTE="spyrde, post: 5643070]Oh yeah VB, I'll also PM you the other SOTW banners so you can switch those up too if you want.[/QUOTE]

Sure, spyrde.

p.s awesome banners.^^ I'll post up the poll tomorrow so get those entries in if you haven't already.

joeold

Elite Member
May 16, 2007
Roseville, Ca
If the theme has not been picked out yet may I suggest: shapes. I wanna see how we all interpret shapes when it comes to the graphic arts. A good example I used in one of my classes a few months back:

I think it would be pretty neat to see how we all view game characters. Imagine how Ratchet would look like if he was just a cutout or Mario in a pixelated yet modern look.

Jan 8, 2010
Headphones
[QUOTE="joeold, post: 5646231]If the theme has not been picked out yet may I suggest: shapes. I wanna see how we all interpret shapes when it comes to the graphic arts. A good example I used in one of my classes a few months back:

I think it would be pretty neat to see how we all view game characters. Imagine how Ratchet would look like if he was just a cutout or Mario in a pixelated yet modern look.[/QUOTE]

I love this idea, I vote for this. So we have a tie, 2 votes for Pods idea and 2 votes for your idea. I want to see more reinnforcment for a theme idea. It doesn't matter if you're not making a sig, I want to hear from you too. I'll put up the thread tomorrow night.