SOTW #150 Theme & Entry

Vengeful_Blur

DEAD SILENCE
Jan 8, 2010
Headphones

Check out our new banner, looks slick, huh?

Theme:
Ok, we're doing Pattern. This theme was requested by joeold a while back. I know you guys can create awesome work so make it happen. =)

pat·tern
/ˈpatərn/
Noun: A repeated decorative design.
Verb: Decorate with a recurring design.
(I know you guys know what it means but I think it helps to see the actual definition.)

Rules:
1) No ripping
2) Vertical sigs are allowed
3) Max size: 500 x 200
4) Post sig in thread
5) Have fun :3 (I mean it D:< )

Prize:
2,000 sp and rep

Deadline:
September 9th, 2018

Vengeful_Blur

DEAD SILENCE
Jan 8, 2010
Headphones
[QUOTE="kwesnoth, post: 5652822]Patterns huh?[/QUOTE]

Yeah! I know this theme will push me (maybe you too) out of my comfort zone but we should break out of generic themes and mix things up. =)
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 5652824]I guess I'll have to try something since I didn't last time.[/QUOTE]

It's all up to you. =)

joeold

Elite Member
May 16, 2007
Roseville, Ca
snow, loving the color usage. VB Really like the idea. Try using brushes to create both a texture and a pattern in your sig.
Kind of what I did for my entry used a few brush strokes and used the selection marquee to define the pattern and just used the pattern stamp:

I decided to use pattern in a slightly grungy feel. As for the next theme I suggest a set render. Yeah it may have already be done but here is a twist: anonymous and cannot be from a game. Make it a famous person like Micheal Jackson, Bad Pitt, Ellen Page or anybody really but you get the idea.

spyrde

Master Guru
Feb 18, 2009
Finland
[QUOTE="kwesnoth, post: 5653005]Why did you give us 7 years to complete this one? :snicker[/QUOTE]

Maybe we'll get some more entries this time :lol:

Xy

Dedicated Member
Oct 23, 2008
Street Fighting
I've got something in my mind for this, just been real busy lately, started a new job and had the girl over a couple nights, give me a couple of days n i will hit something up.

joeold

Elite Member
May 16, 2007
Roseville, Ca
[QUOTE="Xy, post: 5653324]I've got something in my mind for this, just been real busy lately, started a new job and had the girl over a couple nights, give me a couple of days n i will hit something up.[/QUOTE]
That's it we're screwed! I resign my entry! Lol. In all seriousness I can't wait to see what you come up with. :D

Vengeful_Blur

DEAD SILENCE
Jan 8, 2010
Headphones
[QUOTE="joeold, post: 5652968]snow, loving the color usage. VB Really like the idea. Try using brushes to create both a texture and a pattern in your sig.
Kind of what I did for my entry used a few brush strokes and used the selection marquee to define the pattern and just used the pattern stamp:

I decided to use pattern in a slightly grungy feel. As for the next theme I suggest a set render. Yeah it may have already be done but here is a twist: anonymous and cannot be from a game. Make it a famous person like Micheal Jackson, Bad Pitt, Ellen Page or anybody really but you get the idea.[/QUOTE]

Great! thanks for the feedback, I will try that. =)

[QUOTE="kwesnoth, post: 5653005]Why did you give us 7 years to complete this one? :snicker[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="spyrde, post: 5653038]Maybe we'll get some more entries this time :lol:[/QUOTE]

That ^^ lololololol

[QUOTE="Xy, post: 5653324]I've got something in my mind for this, just been real busy lately, started a new job and had the girl over a couple nights, give me a couple of days n i will hit something up.[/QUOTE]

looking forward to it. :D

Gregorious

Superior Member
Aug 20, 2009
I may have taken a few liberties with the theme but I'm pretty happy with this one. I figured everyone went vert last time around so I'd give it a try for this week.