Soul Calibur 4

Jul 1, 2008
why isnt there much talk about this game? :|

Its gonna be ridiculous, hell, I cant wait :-D I played Soul Calibur 1 for like 3 minutes WAYYY Back, other than that I never had a chance to play a later title but now I have a ps3 Im getting 4 ON the release date, a little over 2 weeks from now.

Anyone know how many characters are in this one?
I counted 32 from the screenshots at Ign

Sep 7, 2007
I've seen plenty of info on various sites and in magazines, but if you are referring to the forums here than you are right, not many people are talking about it. I'm going to purchase it as soon as possible. The game looks great in action from the videos I've seen and there are a ton of characters! I've heard good things so far about the create a fighter as well, though not a lot of info on that. And online mode! This game should be great online, I already enjoyed Tekken online and I've never been a huge Tekken fan.

Man...now I'm wishing I could teleport about 3 weeks into the future...

Aug 3, 2007
Im not sure why there isnt alot of talk,but there should be. I mean cmon the game is gonna be awsome. I plan on preordering it really soon. Gonna be a good game to play before I go back into school.

IWAO

Master Guru
Aug 20, 2006
Denmark, Copenhagen
twitter.com
[QUOTE="Drunken Ninja, post: 0]I've seen plenty of info on various sites and in magazines, but if you are referring to the forums here than you are right, not many people are talking about it. I'm going to purchase it as soon as possible. The game looks great in action from the videos I've seen and there are a ton of characters! I've heard good things so far about the create a fighter as well, though not a lot of info on that. And online mode! This game should be great online, I already enjoyed Tekken online and I've never been a huge Tekken fan.

Man...now I'm wishing I could teleport about 3 weeks into the future...[/quote]
There have been talk, but not that much as it's a multi-platform game, so your expectations from this game shouldn't be that big. Anyway, so is there only 16 days left until this game gets released! And if this one won't be a good online game, so should Namco make Tekken 6 a good one as they'll have more time to fix those little issues as the online-lag and other stuff.

I think people here is going to talk a lot about Tekken 6, when the juicy informations is revealed! So let's wait and see what Namco can do with those 2 fighters, but I'm sure, that Tekken 6 is going to be awesome.

Nov 26, 2007
I'm foaming at the mouth for it. I preordered it weeks ago and cleared out space on my game shelf for it when it come out. I even picked up SC2 for the Gamecube (the only version I was missing) and the LE strageguy guides for SC2 and SC3 on Ebay.

I neeeeeeeeed this game... The 29th/30th can't get here fast enough.

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
[QUOTE="Shin Asura, post: 0]There's been talk, mostly about boobies, but there's been talk[/quote]

Yeah. Something about product shrinkage?

*shakes fist*

I for one will miss Heihachi from Soul Calibur. I know he was only in No.2 but he was my fav. Soul Calibur is
one of the two real 3d fighting games.

vegan_mekey

Dedicated Member
Jun 16, 2008
Graduate School, NH
This is why i bought a ps3. I spent everysingle day of the last two semesters playing Soul Calibur 2. No one would even play me and my roommate because we were too good. Now I can assess myself online??? just wait and see. Here comes an unhealthy obsession. Trust me I will talk about Soul Calibur 4 all day. I'm sooo excited. But oddly enough i don't really want to know anything (or much) about the game until I get it. Let the surprise shock me the first time, instead of building up the anticipation. I'm planning on getting it release day, and like 10am whenever gamestop opens. unless walmart puts it on the floor at 12am the day off.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
I'm really really excited for it! I've always loved SCIV and this time I get to play as VADER!!!

How wicked is that??

And online! More characters... Better creation options + Star Wars?!

Oh this is a match made in heaven.

Daezd

Apprentice
Apr 13, 2008
[QUOTE="Vulgotha, post: 0]I'm really really excited for it! I've always loved SCIV and this time I get to play as VADER!!!

How wicked is that??

And online! More characters... Better creation options + Star Wars?!

Oh this is a match made in heaven.[/quote]
Pretty sure no Star Wars things are available in creation

S

SonKitty

I see PLENTY of talk about this game on these forums and everywhere else.

I used to be really super-mega excited about it as well, not so much anymore. I'm sure it'll be great and all, and I'll enjoy it, I'm just saying the excitement I felt when I found out the game was coming in 2008 and that Vader would be in the game was much, much higher than it is now that I've had time to let it all sink in. Plus, my PS3 is dead, and I have to wait for someone to save up the money to have it repaired, so I won't get to play SCIV when it comes out.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
I'll be getting this as well. I was planning on getting DBZ: Burst Limit this summer to fill my fighting needs until Tekken 6 and Street Fighter IV are released, but I've decided to purchase Soul Calibur IV in it's place.

Sektor

Forum Elder
Mar 10, 2008
I am so hyped for this game.

I loved the first SC on my dreamcast, then i chose to get the 2nd one on xbox because of spawn [I didn't want link] and the 3rd one i never really looked into because it didn't look that special.

However this 4th one looks amazing and I think the starwars characters are a great idea. I'm glad vader is exclusive to PS3 as i think yoda sucks XP

Jul 1, 2008
I'm mostly excited about the online play. FInally I can see how I match up to the rest of the world. When it comes to gaming arena fighting is my strong point =D, so for all those who Fkd me In Cs and COD4 its payback :D

EMAGDNIM

Master Poster
Oct 16, 2006
I've got some BB rewards coupons that I can apply to get a new game. I have not been following the development of this game, but I was always planning to pick this up.

End of the month...

Daezd

Apprentice
Apr 13, 2008
[QUOTE="Vulgotha, post: 0]No, I mean the fact that Vader, Starkiller and Yoda have walked into the series.[/quote]
Gotcha. lol...Still can't believe he's called "Starkiller"

S

SCAR777

They put so much detail into the characters,but the game moves so fast you can't even see the detail,especially with all the twisting,flipping,and power moves.Guess I'll have to go into practice mode and order the computer controlled character to stand still just to enjoy it .Damn i wish someone would make a adventure game with this many large breasted women with that much detail

Oh man, Soul Calibur 4 is one of the reasons I bought a next-gen system to begin with. Was a huge fan of SC2, kicked alot of *** in the arcades. Can't wait to school all of you online!

Day one purchase for me!