Soul Calibur IV Ladies Exposed

Nuvian

Master Sage
Feb 4, 2008
[QUOTE="girlgamer1984, post: 0]Actually, I just came here to inform you this. Does this thread hold any relevence to the PS3 games section at all? These type of threads are better suited to the general chitchat section, or perhaps some where else. If you think, that you did a good job with this, then please continue.[/quote]
They are taken from a game that quite a few people here are waiting for, in the game you can destroy the armor, which this thread is about, i understand that you don't like this topic, and that is fine, but i don't see a reason coming in here and commenting about it, i don't enjoy/care for every topic on this forum ither, but you don't see me go in and try to flamebait the OP in those threads.

FantasyStar

Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2006
It's stuff like this that makes me hate the direction SCIV went. I've been a long-time fan of the Soul Calibur series ever since Soul Blade for the PS. However after SC2, things just went haywire. I always respected games like Tekken and Soul Calibur because they invite a die-to-match fighting system, along with a very convoluted storyline that doesn't make me feel that every character I take through Arcade Mode has a tacked on story just for the hell of it. However after SC2 the story started to suck more and the Dead of Alive fight for the bustiest girls started.

I feel like I'm the only guy that gets turned off by what SCIV is. It started with SC3 (think Sophitia and Seung Mina) and then it just degraded from there. SCIV is nothing but a glorified version of Dead or Alive 4 (or even Xtreme Beach Volleyball). Tekken kinda took the same route after Tekken 4 but it's not a "sell out" yet. I'll wait for Tekken 6 before I make any rash decisions.

Soul Calibur IV was dead to me the moment I saw that insane roster of female busty characters in scant clothing. (both Artworks and Renders) Although it looks very hot. (ya I'm a guy, sue me)! That doesn't excuse the fact that the story I fell in love with is a hallow shell in the name for a quick buck with the male gamers.

Harrow

Master Poster
Nov 26, 2006
[QUOTE="Kaze, post: 0]Says the man who bothered entering and posting in this thread. :DD[/quote]

[QUOTE="Feli, post: 0]everytime one of these threads are made, people get all judgmental. they talk as if people can't enjoy a game like this without needing to jerk off over 'digital ladies'. or if people are talking about a girl in a game being 'hot', it means they're jerking off over 'digital ladies' and 'need to get laid'

congratulations, you got yourselves high horses. does that make you feel good?

on topic: it's funny how Ivy looks pretty much no different with and without armor :lol:[/quote]

I know, some people just can't resist the urge to jump in and judge.

Mist

Super Elite
Mar 5, 2007
I love the Soul Calibur games, and this is looking awesome, apart from the star wars crap. The whole armour thing sounds great.

Oh and I'm a married man with a great sex life. So your theory kinda don't always work :p

Serinous

Elite Sage
Feb 18, 2008
[QUOTE="leukoplast, post: 0]Is it just me, or does the chick on the left appear have a bit of a man-bulge?

[/quote]

HAHAHA. Nice. Didn't even noticed. Shows exactly what you were looking at, haha.

Nov 26, 2007
[QUOTE="Xaor, post: 0]That may be the worst analogy I've ever heard...

Ever.[/quote]
Elaborate, plz. :oops:

[QUOTE="FantasyStar, post: 0]It's stuff like this that makes me hate the direction SCIV went... after SC2 the story started to suck more and the Dead of Alive fight for the bustiest girls started... Soul Calibur IV was dead to me the moment I saw that insane roster of female busty characters in scant clothing...[/quote]
So, if SCIV ran on a heavily refined, optimized version of the SC2 game engine, but still featured a calvacade of massive mammaries, you'd skip it?

FantasyStar

Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2006
[QUOTE="We Are Ninja, post: 3137099]Elaborate, plz. :oops:

So, if SCIV ran on a heavily refined, optimized version of the SC2 game engine, but still featured a calvacade of massive mammaries, you'd skip it?[/quote]

If the story is good enough, I can tolerate it. I'm not one of those guys that dislike the dirty pillows, but the abundance of every female being like that, along with scant clothing is very daunting. The exception however to this rule is Sophitia; She's always wore that.

Lethalmind

Fister Roboto
Mar 13, 2008
ISIS HQ
SC always caught my interest by the style of play. The ability for females to take off armor has no influence on whether or not I'd purchase this game. If it does for you guys, you don't deserve systems to play it on. It could never compare to a real woman taking their clothes off.

Feli

Veteran
Mar 5, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
if I had the time I'd probably be getting this game. I enjoy Soul Calibur enough, but I don't feel like it'd be worth a purchase at this point. especially if (cross fingers) Tekken 6 comes out in the west this December/early next year.

[QUOTE="Lethalmind, post: 0]SC always caught my interest by the style of play. The ability for females to take off armor has no influence on whether or not I'd purchase this game. If it does for you guys, you don't deserve systems to play it on. It could never compare to a real woman taking their clothes off.[/quote]

really? I mean seriously? I've always thought that almost-naked digiwomen were better than real women! you've made me open my eyes. thank you.

Lethalmind

Fister Roboto
Mar 13, 2008
ISIS HQ
[QUOTE="Feli, post: 0]really? I mean seriously? I've always thought that almost-naked digiwomen were better than real women! you've made me open my eyes. thank you.[/quote]

Lol I know you were sarcastic. You're kind of missing the point of my post though if that last piece was your focal point. My point is that this game shouldn't be worth buying anymore than it already is just because armor can break off of women now. I mean of course we love women but should this kind of thing get you excited in a video game?

Feli

Veteran
Mar 5, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
[QUOTE="Lethalmind, post: 0]Lol I know you were sarcastic. You're kind of missing the point of my post though if that last piece was your focal point. My point is that this game shouldn't be worth buying anymore than it already is just because armor can break off of women now. I mean of course we love women but should this kind of thing get you excited in a video game?[/quote]

well I don't think anyone here has said "Armor off mode?? OMG I'm buying the game now!" I haven't even seen anyone 'excited' about this feature unless they were joking. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to the other posters on this thread.

that said, I'm glad you took my post lightly.

Nuvian

Master Sage
Feb 4, 2008
[QUOTE="girlgamer1984, post: 0]I am not flamebaiting you; geez, what's with you people? Where in my post, I actually used insulting comments? *rolls eyes*[/quote]

You people? anyways...this is just a game, i'm more worried about the exploiting of females in RL.

Feli

Veteran
Mar 5, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
[QUOTE="ahernandez2005, post: 0]Oh dear some people need to get laid! :snicker[/quote]

care to point them out? and why? with specific quotes?

no? didn't think so.