Sparkster/rocket knight thread - First trailer! -

HardlePS3

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2008
Brazil
www.freewebs.com
Whoa! I still own Sparkster on my SNES. I just saw the cartridge alongside my other SNES games inside a shoe box :p Lolz! This game was fun! The dancing monkey robot is still in my memories! :p

I'm sooo gonna buy this. XD

EXGN

Apprentice
Dec 26, 2007
Can't wait. I love the direction they are taking with the story too. The Sparkster/Axel team up is gonna be like a Sonic/Knuckles moment for me.

Martijn_

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2007
[QUOTE="TGO, post: 0]Rocket Knight Adventures? cool :lol:

edited, I thought that video didn't look right, Sparkster on the SNES was Rocket Knight Adventures 2, Rocket Knight Adventures was only released on the Mega Drive, shame
Sparkster was classed as a spinoff
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Knight_Adventures[/quote]

The first one on the mega drive is a little better, still 2 is great game too.
I hope more developers do this to revive there old franchises.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
Looks fun, but I'm getting tired of this trend for remaking games. 2.5D is lame. Hire some animators to draw HD sprites instead. Full 2D or bust, please.

Nakatomi Uk

Master Poster
Feb 4, 2008
Uk
That looks alright that reminds me of the game on PS1 Kolona or whatever with the cat that has long ears in shape of wings sort of style.

I had no.1 and 2 on my Mega Drive no.1 was rock hard and no.2 was a challenge they added the corkscrew rocket blast move in no.2 and if you played it on normal you got the full game.

Where as on easy parts of levels where taken out no.2 last boss was annoying but it had 1 of my fav levels where you running through the city on his giant spark robot.

Martijn_

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2007
[QUOTE="HardlePS3, post: 0]So is this based on the original or the SNES one? Meaning, will I be able to fight giant robot boxing in space again? :p[/quote]

I think it's based on both, it's a sequel and they are showing the first two in the trailer.

Ubersnuber

Master Poster
Feb 15, 2006
Bought this one last night.
Never played the original one, but this was great fun ^_^

The controls are tight and the gameplay is varied enough to keep you interested.

I think I'm at the end of the game, which only took a few hours, so it's kind of short.
But it seems it's designed for multiple playthroughs, judging by the choices you've got in the main menu like scoreboard, various difficulty settings.

I'm not sure if I want to go through the story mode again, but we'll see.

Dec 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Ubersnuber, post: 0]Bought this one last night.
Never played the original one, but this was great fun ^_^[/quote]

I thought the demo was alright though a bit too easy. I only tried it on normal though.

Ubersnuber

Master Poster
Feb 15, 2006
[QUOTE="Metal Militia, post: 0]I thought the demo was alright though a bit too easy. I only tried it on normal though.[/quote]
The demo is basically a tutorial level, and I agree;it's too easy. Borderline insulting, if you ask me. But it gets better after a couple of levels. It's no Mega Man, mind you, but it's not the family-cruise you experienced in the start of the game, either.

Point of interest: You have to start from the beginning again after you buy it. No biggie, but still feels a bit unnecessary.