Spore Developer Apologizes for Calling Wii a P.O.S.

Jan 13, 2006
United States
http://kotaku.com/gaming/wii/spore-...or-calling-the-wii-a-piece-of-****-242822.php

I don't know who has read the internet, yesterday. In a [unintelligible] panel I said a bunch of things. I was trying to be thought provoking and entertaining and fun and a lot of the stuff went too far over the top—on the entertaining and fun side, so that it was no longer thought provoking, just inflammatory. And in the process I hurt a bunch of people I care about. And so, I want to apologize now.

When I'm on stage, I'm me. I'm talking talk from me. From me. I'm not representing EA or Maxis.

I want to make two things perfectly clear.

I do not think the Wii is a piece of ****. Nintendo needs to be applauded for trying to interface on the controller front, the user interface front, on making games accessible, on making a console that you don't need to mortgage your house to afford.

Secondly, it's totally obvious—and I'm sorry that I implied otherwise—that everyone at Nintendo is passionate at making great games. Some of the games give me hope that we will be seen as an art form on par with movies and books.
Very unprofessional of him to do what he did in the first place.

$_KD_

Super Elite
Apr 9, 2006
i think he is lying when he's saying sorry. i mean if he said it in the first place why bother saying sorry until now? only because maybe alot of people bad-mouthed him. same thing happend to that Kramer guy saying that he is not racist, deep down he might be. i don't want to sound like a ass but that's how i feel about this situation.

P

pendinginsanity

It's obvious that he stills thinks it stinks, probably Maxis that told him to apologize because of all that PR blahblah.

Harrow

Master Poster
Nov 26, 2006
Hey he didn't take back the part about the Wii being two Gamecubes duct taped together! (not specifically at least). :lol:

Yeah it was a bad move by him, and it must suck for him now.

But honestly, if he said that about the PS3 instead everything would be fine for him and there would be no need to take it back.

Linkedscorpion

Dedicated Member
Jun 14, 2006
AT LEAST he apologized. we all know a few people or corporations that bash and bash and bash, and wont feel a pinch of guilt.

I say let him live (thumbs up) :D

Wingnut

Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2006
[QUOTE="Mr. Solanky, post: 0]I find it funny that he is making an apology.

I can't post here too much because I broke my arm. :([/quote]

You can still play Wii Sports one handed! :D

AndyD

Oct 3, 2006
He said what he believed in a forum where he was allowed to and supposed to.

Now the PR machine in the company is making him issue a forced apology. Making themselves look bad.

random255

Apprentice
Feb 27, 2007
[QUOTE="Wingnut, post: 0]You can still play Wii Sports one handed! :D[/quote]

LMAO!!! I just got a visual of that! A cast on one arm, a Wii-mote in the other!

A

AndrewB

[QUOTE="random255, post: 0]LMAO!!! I just got a visual of that! A cast on one arm, a Wii-mote in the other![/quote]
I think everyone got that visual. It's not particularly funny.