Spotify Question

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Can you make a playlist from your PC if you're a "Free" member or do you have to be a "Premium" member? I'm sure I know the answer to this, but I thought I'd ask to be sure. Never used Spotify before and would like Playstation to stop stop my music because its media player sucks. Thanks for the help.

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
Yeah I think you can create playlists on Spotify without having to pay for Premium :) When you have premium you can download the playlist and listen to it even when you have no internet which is good if you go around listening to music on your phone

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[QUOTE="Sylar, post: 6520804]Yeah I think you can create playlists on Spotify without having to pay for Premium :) When you have premium you can download the playlist and listen to it even when you have no internet which is good if you go around listening to music on your phone[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply! I meant can I import my own playlist. Like Music and instrumentals I have on my HDD that I know Spotify doesn't have or carry. Can I do that without a premium membership?

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[QUOTE="Brandon, post: 6520916]Import playlists from where?[/QUOTE]

From my PC. Like I have music on my HDD that I want to add to Spotify. I Guess how people at their own music to itunes and what not. That's what i was asking.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="$Greatness$, post: 6520925]From my PC. Like I have music on my HDD that I want to add to Spotify. I Guess how people at their own music to itunes and what not. That's what i was asking.[/QUOTE]

Nah, you can't do that. Spotify has its own library of music that you can stream. If you want to play your own files, then you'd have to use DLNA streaming or a USB. I'm not sure how well the new Quick Menu integrates with DLNA or USB right now though.

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 6520962]Nah, you can't do that. Spotify has its own library of music that you can stream. If you want to play your own files, then you'd have to use DLNA streaming or a USB. I'm not sure how well the new Quick Menu integrates with DLNA or USB right now though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks that's what I was asking. And DLNA is ard, but it drops and stalls a lot. USB is cool, but I'm normally using both ports, so that's a no go 75% of the time. But you answered my question, thanks. I'm not a huge fan of Spotify anyway. Seems clunky.

Andy

Apprentice
May 25, 2014
I like what I'm hearing about the new Spotify integration.

[video=youtube_share;9wDshFYu6DE]http://youtu.be/9wDshFYu6DE[/video]

However, I don't want to pay $10/month. I know there's a free version, but it has ads, and I can't stand ads. I'll just stick with normal game soundtracks. They usually establish the mood pretty well anyhow.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="Andy, post: 6521000]I like what I'm hearing about the new Spotify integration.

[video=youtube_share;9wDshFYu6DE]http://youtu.be/9wDshFYu6DE[/video]

However, I don't want to pay $10/month. I know there's a free version, but it has ads, and I can't stand ads. I'll just stick with normal game soundtracks. They usually establish the mood pretty well anyhow.[/QUOTE]
I tried the free version and while the adverts are annoying I find the interface is far more annoying because it doesnt go away, it has top be used.
They need to fix the awful interface rateher than fannying about with playlists, everyone seems to say "use your phone" which shows how bad and broken the interface is on PS4 if the only way to fix it is to use a completely different device.
£120 per year is a rip off, just shows how greedy the music industry fat cat executives are.

Last edited: